• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redfall is launching on Xbox consoles with Quality mode only (4K30FPS) - 60fps to be patched in at some future point

feynoob

Banned
I tried. I'm done defending Redfall.

My Work Is Done Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
Why defend first.
Enjoying the drama is much better than that.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
The unimaginable has happened.

Microsoft has turned Arkane, one of the best devs in the industries, into utter garbage shit. How sad.

Deathloop was kinda meh as well. They did it themselves for trying to be HIP with the kids instead of focusing on what they do best and improving upon that. Prey and Dishonored died for these trash stuff. Reminds of Deus Ex. Maybe one day they can go back to being independent and just making what they love, what we love, just like IO did with Hitman and just like hopefully Eidos will do with Deus Ex, again.

Last edited:

Fredrik

Why? The game is CPU-BOUND? Can't series X run the game at 60 on a lower resolution? Even 1080p60 would be better IMO.
Yeah, this is just an IP slaughter at this point. Do like Housemarque, focus on performance, the resolution is in no way in any circumstance more important than performance in a shooter, ever.

Methos#1975

Sorry but I blame Gamepass for this, it seems that lately every Xbox game suffers issues and I cannot help but believe this is what happens when you rely on Gamepass and worry more about pushing subs than you do actual sales, quality suffers because why fucking care if your product is going to be shoveled out the door for free. The Gamepass effect hard at work once again.

dorkimoe

big fail. I didnt have much interest in this game anyway, dont care for coop shooters that die within a month, but this is awful. Come the fuck on. 60fps or dont bother

gothmog

Gold Member
Wasn't this delayed? The last thing I thought was this game coming in hot. I figured they were taking the delay to polish it up. It's kinda shocking to hear.

Last edited:
Old Men Laughing GIF by ABC Network
That'll help the whole "gamepass leads to games releasing incomplete" narrative.

Totes, bro. Games not released into GamePass always launch complete. I bet gamers not subscribed to GamePass don’t even know what a patch or update are.

On topic, I think all of the negativity around the game thus far has been overblown nonsense based on console warz, but this is some legit bullshit.

Fredrik

I want a good game more than I want drama.

Awkward John Krasinski GIF by Saturday Night Live
Defending things that aren’t looking good will actually do the opposite than give you a good game.
But I understand what you mean.
I’m done defending anyone, MS are doing so many bad things right now that I’m close to just sell my XSX alltogether and build a living room PC instead.

Last edited:
I wonder if RedFall was supposed to be a Fall release but got rushed into a much earlier one, hence the 60fps version coming later... at least it's coming, but that's still pretty disappointing. I think a fair bit of console gamers have gotten used to the option, at the very least.

Would be interesting to see if either XBox/PlayStation have data on what the split between Resolution and Performance is.

Kataploom

Gold Member
And this is what made me stay on PC instead of moving to consoles, not a day 1 buyer so barely any issue on my side, even then most bad ports at console settings and framerates won't have any other problem anyway most of the time even on day 1. Once A Plague Tale came out out was obviously just the first of many.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
more like Red "wait for" fall for the patch...

Got Star Wars and destiny to play, shame its like they want the game to flop.

TexMex

This is as good as delayed now as far as I’m concerned. MS really needs to get their studios in order. I'll try it whenever the patch hits.

GHG

I want a good game more than I want drama.

Awkward John Krasinski GIF by Saturday Night Live

Defending games that are clearly not good enough doesn't get us good games my man, if anything it just reinforces the path they are on. It's a negative feedback loop.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
This doesn't really make sense, this isn't a problem for pc games in coop. You have people with unlocked frame rates running their systems as fast as they can and coop stuff still works fine while people are ranging from 60fps or even lower up into the hundreds. I know I was pretty much cpu and gpu limited in gta5 at release and 2 of the guys I played coop with for heists were on laptops just managing 40fps and primarily cpu bound with the poor things just wanting to burst into fire. Darktide I was also probably cpu and gpu bound with RT on and coop still worked fine. This whole 30fps because of coop seems like a poor excuse when we look at history.
PCs arent consoles though. Just look at how Hogarts and TLOU use up to 30-35 GB of VRAM and RAM and they run just fine on consoles with 1/3rd of the RAM. Different architectures. Different challenges.

You mentioned we look at history. We literally just had another coop open world game ship with a 30 fps a few months ago. That one actually shipped with RT at native 4k. So if the devs couldve easily run it at 60 fps, they would have. Im all for bashing lazy devs but there is clearly something here that is preventing them from shipping a 60 fps mode.

ive mentioned this several times. there is a bottleneck in these consoles somewhere. they are able to do native 4k 30 fps in A LOT of games and have to cut resolution down to almost 1080p just to get a 60 fps version up and running. I dont have this issue on PC. Just going down to 1440p gets me to 60 fps or 120 fps depending on the game. Dont forget Guardians. Or even HFW which had to go to 1800p cb which is right in the middle of 1080p and 1440p for its 60 fps mode. In fact, they could only hit 40 fps by reducing the resolution by half to 4kcb. these consoles might have some problems with the CPU.

Top Bottom