• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm confused. How can we believe Hasan if hes a pathological liar like team fake says?
So tell us what you believe? Your choices are: a) he’s a mastermind hiding a AAA triumph of technology for Hideo Kojima b) he’s just some asshole flying by the seat of his pants making things up to drum up hype, and that hype got ahead of him so he’s now trying to tamp it back down.

So tell us what you believe? Your choices are: a) he’s a mastermind hiding a AAA triumph of technology for Hideo Kojima b) he’s just some asshole flying by the seat of his pants making things up to drum up hype, and that hype got ahead of him so he’s now trying to tamp it back down.
I just can't believe that Hasan is some asshole nutjob fraud that came out nowhere, and scammed us and duped Playstation. He's gotta be fake. What is he scamming? Like, what is the point? Is Abandoned going to ask for our credit card numbers? Are they going to use our PS5s to mine crypto right under Sony's nose?

Last edited:
It’s AAA because the quality shows as much. They also have over 50 staff, have 8K textures and are using mo-cap so it won’t be cheap either.
He tells us that the teaser is actually an asset flip, which you refuse to believe. “Just because you saw the April teaser doesn’t mean that the whole game is an asset flip.”

I just can't believe that Hasan is some asshole nutjob fraud that came out nowhere, and scammed us and duped Playstation. He's gotta be fake. What is he scamming? Like, what is the point? Is Abandoned going to ask for our credit card numbers?
It’s not that complicated. It’s not a scam in the way he’s stealing your money, he’s just hyping things up as a dreamer/bullshitter to try to get a publishing deal/investment money to make a bigger game than he could by himself in his bedroom with his buddy. It’s not that crazy, and it’s not immoral - people do it all the time, it’s just part of business. It’s just unusual in this case as Hasan has zero plan, so even if he succeeded it getting it funded, he has no idea how to execute. He doesn’t know who to hire, how to set schedules and budget, etc. he’s just incompetent to the degree he doesn’t even know enough to hire someone who does know enough.

bitbydeath

It’s not that complicated. It’s not a scam in the way he’s stealing your money, he’s just hyping things up as a dreamer/bullshitter to try to get a publishing deal/investment money to make a bigger game than he could by himself in his bedroom with his buddy. It’s not that crazy, and it’s not immoral - people do it all the time, it’s just part of business. It’s just unusual in this case as Hasan has zero plan, so even if he succeeded it getting it funded, he has no idea how to execute. He doesn’t know who to hire, how to set schedules and budget, etc. he’s just incompetent to the degree he doesn’t even know enough to hire someone who does know enough.
Who funded him though is the big question, obviously no bank would cover the costs so he would either be rich or have someone like Sony backing him.

Who funded him though is the big question, obviously no bank would cover the costs so he would either be rich or have someone like Sony backing him.
He hasn’t demonstrated anything at all that requires any money at this point. Everything he’s shown has been asset flip or free.
His claims of photorealism etc he’s currently backtracking.

ParaSeoul

Snl Queen GIF by Saturday Night Live

I disagree.
I challenge you to make a metahuman that looks exactly like Hasan.
I’m not a game developer or an artist. I’m just not an idiot. I know 1) meta human is free 2) it is possible to tweak the humans it comes with 3) there are loads of tutorials for it 4) lots of people have created great models from it by themselves.
Here’s a 20 minute tutorial for you to follow.

Edit: I’m pretty sure Hasan’s masterwork is just the third model in this demo video tweaked a bit/with makeup, it comes with meta human. Look at the hair. It looks like it’s the same.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

I’m not a game developer or an artist. I’m just not an idiot. I know 1) meta human is free 2) it is possible to tweak the humans it comes with 3) there are loads of tutorials for it 4) lots of people have created great models from it by themselves.
Here’s a 20 minute tutorial for you to follow.

Edit: I’m pretty sure Hasan’s masterwork is just the third model in this demo video, it comes with meta human. Look at the hair. It looks like it’s the same:

You said anyone could make a good looking human. So BS now aside, it takes talent. Mo-cap isn’t cheap either that anyone can put together.
I can’t even think of any indies that use it.

You said anyone could make a good looking human. So BS now aside, it takes talent. Mo-cap isn’t cheap either that anyone can put together.
I can’t even think of any indies that use it.
50k to set up a really good indie mocap studio:
We haven’t seen any mocap or animation from Hasan’s game at all yet though, and with all his backtracking, we’ll see if he actually does it. He already said he can’t do 4K native 60 anymore, and that he’s not making a AAA game, and the trailer was asset flip, and comparing Abandoned to the detail in Red Dead was a mistake/misunderstood and that he just meant he wants to pay attention to detail not that it’ll have details at that level.

Last edited:

tommib

We haven’t seen any mocap or animation from Hasan’s game at all yet though, and with all his backtracking, we’ll see if he actually does it. He already said he can’t do 4K native 60 anymore, and that he’s not making a AAA game, and the trailer was asset flip, and comparing Abandoned to the detail in Red Dead was a mistake/misunderstood and that he just meant he wants to pay attention to detail not that it’ll have details at that level.

After all the compromises he’s now acknowledging, this is what abandoned will look like:

Asset-Flip-Simulator.jpg

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Mocap was confirmed to be used for the teaser.

He also said it’s currently 4K, 30FPS w/8K textures, and seeing if he can raise it to 60FPS.
Also not denying asset flip isn’t admittance toward it.

Mocap was confirmed to be used for the teaser.

He also said it’s currently 4K, 30FPS w/8K textures, and seeing if he can raise it to 60FPS.
Also not denying asset flip isn’t admittance toward it.

I’m truly impressed how completely behind Hasan you are.
Hasan could take a shit and take a picture of it and you’d say, “No indie dev could take a shit like this. This is AAA quality 8k 60fps infinite detail mocapped by Norman Reedus shitting. Only Norman Reedus could produce a shit like that.”

You either are actually Hasan, or a troll.

Last edited:
I want a "prominent japanese developed" Silent Hill as much as the next fan, but also believe the Bloober rumors because of this;

"In fact, we've been working for more than a year on another gaming project, another horror IP, and we're doing this with a very famous gaming publisher. I can't tell you who. I can't tell you what the project is, but I'm pretty sure when people realize we're working on it, they will be very excited."

and this;

ParaSeoul

I want a "prominent japanese developed" Silent Hill as much as the next fan, but also believe the Bloober rumors because of this;

"In fact, we've been working for more than a year on another gaming project, another horror IP, and we're doing this with a very famous gaming publisher. I can't tell you who. I can't tell you what the project is, but I'm pretty sure when people realize we're working on it, they will be very excited."

and this;
Paramount Network Kelly GIF by Yellowstone

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
I don't get the hype. I bought and played Silent Hill when it came out and it was just ok. It was the poor mans Resident Evil. If a new game is revealed it will get shrugs and everyone will wonder what all the fuss was about.

onesvenus

I'm confused. How can we believe Hasan if hes a pathological liar like team fake says?
Let me get this straight:
- if Hasan IS NOT a pathological liar, we should believe everything he says -> Abandoned will not be an AAA game
- if Hasan IS a pathological liar, we shouldn't believe anything he says -> Abandoned will be AAA but it won't work on PS5, all assets in the game will be asset flips, they aren't using mocap and they don't have 50 people working on it... which means it won't be an AAA game.

It’s AAA because the quality shows as much. They also have over 50 staff, have 8K textures and are using mo-cap so it won’t be cheap either.
So you know more than Hasan? He explicitly says they aren't doing an AAA game and I'm sure he has seen more about Abandoned than you...

Seriously f him. The game is ready, it looks amazing blablabla. And then he has nothing to show and endlessly stalls for even a screenshot.

Lies and stalling

We should close this thread. This fucker does not deserve any attention. He needs to earn it.

Seeing this thread refreshes every hour it’s actually really embarrassing and cringe. Please lock it

What I find hilarious is how obsessed Team Fake is about this subject. You guys just can't stop yourself from coming into this thread and posting over and over again about how this is fake, Hasan is shit, and the thread should be locked. If you are the enlightened ones, why not just ignore the thread? Hell, I think most the Team Realers are just trolling you guys.

Personally, right now, I'm in the middle. It could be true, and I think that would be awesome. It could turn out Hasan could be lying and it won't affect me one bit. I'll say he was an asshole for doing that and move on.

At this point, Team Fake has become just as obsessed with this topic as the true believers of Team Real have. That's why you want it locked. You guys can't stay away.

Last edited:

ParaSeoul

Enjoying my coffee while laughing at how some people here still don't get that ParaSeoul ParaSeoul is just trolling. (And trolling rather well btw.) Its quite entertaining, well done.
I just noticed all that guy does is try to debunk team real which seems to be 95% people trolling at this point. Like the the last 6 months of his posts is all this thread.
But what about bitbydeath bitbydeath ? Troll, Hasan, or true believer?
Are you good,man? Theres other threads out there,whole new world of possibilities.

ParaSeoul

What I find hilarious is how obsessed Team Fake is about this subject. You guys just can't stop yourself from coming into this thread and posting over and over again about how this is fake, Hasan is shit, and the thread should be locked. If you are the enlightened ones, why not just ignore the thread? Hell, I think most the Team Realers are just trolling you guys.

Personally, right now, I'm in the middle. It could be true, and I think that would be awesome. It could turn out Hasan could be lying and it won't affect me one bit. I'll say he was an asshole for doing that and move on.

At this point, Team Fake has become just as obsessed with this topic as the true believers of Team Real have. That's why you want it locked. You guys can't stay away.
Besides a few people who get very aggressive over this topic of all things,I think the threads have been pretty chill and fun. I think everyone who posts here just wants to see how this ends.

I just noticed all that guy does is try to debunk team real which seems to be 95% people trolling at this point. Like the the last 6 months of his posts is all this thread.

Are you good,man? Theres other threads out there,whole new world of possibilities.
But there’s only one about Hasan. And besides, where would I go to find out what Kojima posted on twitter every day?

rofif

Can’t Git Gud

I come to see because this shit pops up on top all the time.
Your stupid teamreal shit isnothing. None of this exists. You have nothing. Random tweets? give me a break and stop cluttering the forum.
Wouldn't it be more valuable to refresh the thread when there are real news ?

There’s honestly nothing to debunk.
Team Real posts 1) Kojima’s Twitter account 2) things made up about Abandoned which are contradicted by the guy who is actually making Abandoned 3) Konami merchandise Twitter 4) magical technology inventions and posts attributing AAA quality to an asset store flip in Unreal engine.
I do, however, love laughing at this collective madness and making fun of it, and Hasan.

Last edited:

ParaSeoul

There’s honestly nothing to debunk.
Team Real posts 1) Kojima’s Twitter account 2) things made up about Abandoned which are contradicted by the guy who is actually making Abandoned 3) Konami merchandise Twitter 4) magical technology inventions and posts attributing AAA quality to an asset store flip in Unreal engine.
I do, however, love laughing at this collective madness and making fun of it, and Hasan.
There you go again.

Top Bottom