• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Are there any anniversaries or significant dates coming up that we can look forward to nothing happening on, or is it mainly hand gestures and food that forms our current evidence base?
I wait for sure until Kojima or Hasan tell us what their next projects are. Like I mentioned it is strange that we didn’t heard any kind of announcement from Kojima yet and I think it is clear at this point that it must be a known franchise.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
I love coming in here and flexing all the #TeamReal wins. We're so unbelievably blessed by the prophecy and everything righteous in this world. We got the best laughs on behalf of #TeamFake and their simple minded aspect on everything.

Atlanta Braves Win GIF by MLB

ParaSeoul

Lol I haven't opened this thread in months but that's what stood out to me most - how angry the deniers in this thread get. Some people can't stand what other people think, even if it's harmless, I guess.
Some people here have only posted in this thread exclusively for most of last year.

Fake leaker. Posts wrong info and dates and then once there's an official announcement or better source he corrects his info because "plans has changed". Happens every time.
We now know that everything KatharsisT posted on resetera was complete horseshit! Can’t believe i let that string me along.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Nuare Studio has deleted all their tweets about Blue Box and the video.

Hello IntentionalPun,

Thank you for contacting us, we take all additional information into consideration. We believe that the best thing now is to let people work and prove that they can make a good project.

Thank you!

Michael J. Tappin
Contact Manager | Nuare Studio

Ezekiel_

Banned
330 poor souls still believe this is Silent Hill lol

We can't change our votes lol.

There was a window of time where I thought there was a possibility, right around the PS Blog post, the native PS5 app for trailers, the coincidences with Hasan's initials and the seemingly shell company 'Blue Box Studios'. Hideo has precedent to do weird things like that.

But I moved to the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ camp when the trailer kept getting delayed, and eventually was a 5 second snippet of someone walking on wood boards lol

I still hope that somehow PT (Silent Hills) will be resurrected, but I'm fully cognizant that, at this moment, it's nothing more than wishful thinking.

If any of this were tied to an IP of any note, they would never allow this type of embarrassment. It's been fun, everybody, but this Abandoned thing will get a week's worth of meme-y sales and then will disappear from existence. Goes to show that you should complete at least something before announcing it (talking to you, indies, AA, and AAA publishers), and at very least complete SOMETHING when the internet is pumped and on your side.

And also, don't mess with social media then play the victim card when you bring nothing to bring to the table. You'll be torn to shreds.

ParaSeoul

Good , finally this thread will end. And team fake will be the winner.
If any of this were tied to an IP of any note, they would never allow this type of embarrassment. It's been fun, everybody, but this Abandoned thing will get a week's worth of meme-y sales and then will disappear from existence. Goes to show that you should complete at least something before announcing it (talking to you, indies, AA, and AAA publishers), and at very least complete SOMETHING when the internet is pumped and on your side.

And also, don't mess with social media then play the victim card when you bring nothing to bring to the table. You'll be torn to shreds.

Team Fake getting desperate in their dying days
50 cent laughing GIF

bitbydeath

Alternatively, if it weren’t tied to anything of note it would have been announced already.

SkylineRKR

lol Nuare probably never received advance payments in time.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sony eventually pulls Abandoned from PSN as well. I don't know how their policy works, but I could see them reviewing stuff that appears to be a bunch of nothing after an x amount of months of no update.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sony eventually pulls Abandoned from PSN as well. I don't know how their policy works, but I could see them reviewing stuff that appears to be a bunch of nothing after an x amount of months of no update.
The abandoned logo got changed on the ps5 app background screen

IntentionalPun

Nuare likely offered to fund the game.

Probably backed away as Hassan became more exposed.

IntentionalPun

The Silent Hill / Kojima rumor seems decently solid from late last year.

But it's also probably a hallway Kojima came across lol

EruditeHobo

We’ll find out soon.

Ok, but who the hell is that? We've been hearing this deadline or that, for this or that, for how long now? Another random tweet from some disparate source isn't compelling.

The actual issue is we are all still waiting for a good reason to believe this isn't just bullshit... but yeah, guess we'll see in "March".

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Ok, but who the hell is that? We've been hearing this deadline or that, for this or that, for how long now? Another random tweet from some disparate source isn't compelling.

The actual issue is we are all still waiting for a good reason to believe this isn't just bullshit... but yeah, guess we'll see in "March".
Someone with access to the PlayStation store database, the only legit insider.

IntentionalPun

It's likely just a date Hassan enters into a field in whatever control panel PS devs get access too.

I wouldn't take it too seriously; someone else posted screenshots of "10/3/2022" showing up in their PS Store Ui, probably because some regions use a different date formatter.

Like you typically take a date as a dev and if you just want to show a year you'd say releaseDate.toString("YYYY") but that store does releaseDate.toString("dd/MM/YYYY").

FLgsx3uXsAgya7u

That guy who runs the PS Game Size twitter probably just spoofs the same API the playstation uses to get game information when browsing the store.

Top Bottom