• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

schaft0620

Kojima is spinning the little wheel on the back of this analog clock and uploading pictures on his Instagram. He is trying to send some sort of code. These old office analog clocks are super easy for adjusting the time. Why would they even have this in their office it's 2022, there are clocks on everything. They had to tape that to some weird thing.

Last edited:

Kdad

Kojima is spinning the little wheel on the back of this analog clock and uploading pictures on his Instagram. He is trying to send some sort of code. These old office analog clocks are super easy for adjusting the time. Why would they even have this in their office it's 2022, there are clocks on everything. They had to tape that to some weird thing.

...I have an analog clock in my kitchen...I'm deep in the ARG.

ParaSeoul

...I have an analog clock in my kitchen...I'm deep in the ARG.
Me Too Samesies GIF

A.Romero

The obvious answer is no.

The "fun" answer is, we are waiting until March now. That's the new deadline.

It will come out for sure but it will be a generic game with terrible performance and absolutely nothing to with Kojima and/or Silent Hill.

We will also have a completely unrelated Silent Hill game and a Kojima game as well.

I really hope Kojima doesn't touch another Konami IP ever again. He doesn't need them and they treated him like trash.

K2D

Banned

This is the best argument one could put forth towards Hasan Kahraman being an act. (video relevant)

He's done video call interviews with gaming press, which has left them 'bewildered' and 'with more questions than answers'..

A deep faked actor in a such point in time; being an unknown, unfamiliar to anybody of the public - you could easily mask that in fact being live-fake by reducing camera feed quality.

Furthermore, we have yet to see just how good pre-rendered deep fakes can get - que Hasan's cyber bullying video.

Last edited:

(Theres that floor again...)

:pie_thinking:

My Dream: Sony announces purchase of Konami along with announcements of Metal Gear and Silent Hill being long in development.

Reality: Nothing was ever in development.

Last edited:
My Dream: Sony announces purchase of Konami along with announcements of Metal Gear and Silent Hill being long in development.
They don’t need the whole company, since there is not much talent making video games left. They only need the IPs, but unfortunately I don’t think Konami is willing to sell those. The most realistic scenario would be that Sony got permission to do something with these IPs…

I don’t know Konami’s plans with the IPs but they probably want to keep them so they can collect money by just letting someone else make games with them or they want to use them in some pachinko machines.

UK getting in on the ARG. It's getting real now.
London Lights GIF

If rumors are true and there is a Playstation event in March, are we supposed to believe that Hasan is also an insider and could predict the event, so he set the date of the prologue to March 10th in the PSN?

So let me summarize Team Fake's impression of Hasan:

- Has a big mouth and make a lot of lies (I think team real can agree on this point)

- Somehow has a big talent for making people interested in nothing by placing a lot of seeds which don't mean anything.

- Is a talented developer who makes a 5 second teaser look really good and have also a perfect sense for placing the perfect music in the teaser.

- Somehow he also have the knowledge to make an app.

- Has a talent for conning both Nuare and Sony.

- Has either psychic abilities or knows some insiders to predict the Playstation event in March.

bitbydeath

If rumors are true and there is a Playstation event in March, are we supposed to believe that Hasan is also an insider and could predict the event, so he set the date of the prologue to March 10th in the PSN?

- Has a big mouth and make a lot of lies (I think team real can agree on this point)

- Somehow has a big talent for making people interested in nothing by placing a lot of seeds which don't mean anything.

- Is a talented developer who makes a 5 second teaser look really good and have also a perfect sense for placing the perfect music in the teaser.

- Has either psychic abilities or knows some insiders to predict the Playstation event in March.
Didn't Geoff Keighley also make a big deal about it?
I recall he setup a phone line or something that did something when someone spoke the word "Abandoned".

He also has a bad poker face, when initially asked about it, you could tell he knew something but wasn't allowed to say.

A.Romero

Yes, agreed
Doesn't really take a lot. At least what caught my attention initially was that he was published in Playstation's blog. To me that's the piece that doesn't fit in team fake's appreciation. Other than that there is not really any substance to what he says. Anyone with enough attention can make up things and cause speculation.
I don't think he is a talented developer. There is nothing in that trailer that screams talented developer. Actually, I'd argue that the fact that he only released that and had a lot of issues to do so actually tells that he doesn't have the required tech skills.
This is not that difficult and can be outsourced easily
I'm not sure about this. The blog is mysterious but other than that I don't see any sign of conning Sony.
Why? The only time he committed a specific date he failed. Everything else has been time frames that he has failed to meet as well.

This is the best argument one could put forth towards Hasan Kahraman being an act. (video relevant)

He's done video call interviews with gaming press, which has left them 'bewildered' and 'with more questions than answers'..

A deep faked actor in a such point in time; being an unknown, unfamiliar to anybody of the public - you could easily mask that in fact being live-fake by reducing camera feed quality.

Furthermore, we have yet to see just how good pre-rendered deep fakes can get - que Hasan's cyber bullying video.

If only they placed as much effort on showing the game as in this supposed deep fakes...

I mean, the original Abandoned video (with horrible framerate and nothing really special) was released in April last year. So, it's been 12 months and the only thing we've seen is that video and a shot of someone walking. I don't remember any ARG that has lasted this long without being obvious to the Internet what it is about. We are still discussing it here but it has generally been forgotten. I think they have failed to capitalized on all the attention they gathered.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Sony posts tons of indie dev blogs.. just check out the site, they have clearly expanded the use of it.. and an indie dev indicated they are REQUIRED to write and send a blog to Sony.

There's nothing particularly special about that; he said he was making a PS5 exclusive, that's likely all it took for them to decide to throw it up there. There is no real "con" of Sony, he's just a shitty indie writing descriptions for games that don't exist, Sony isn't involved in the development of shitty indie devs.

The rest is just people being idiots hyping themselves up and doing the same old Ancient Aliens / conspiracy theory routines.. "THERE IS NO EXPLANATION FOR THE SONY BLOG OTHER THAN IT BEING BIGGER!" No, there is an explanation, I've been telling you the explanation lol "THERE IS NO EXPLANATION FOR WHY ITS PS5 EXCLUSIVE UNLESS SONY IS INVOLVED".. literally anyone can claim they are making a PS5 exclusive.. that's about the only smart thing Hasan did.. say you are making an exclusive and everyone pays attention.

Nuare seemed to want to attach itself to the hype, they made a mistake, they aren't some big company, literally nobody on the internet knew they existed lol They also have distanced themselves and deleted anything related to Abandoned from their twitter.

Last edited:
Easily the best ARG ever created. What a genius Kojima is. Almost a year of absolutely nothing, and nothing connecting. Incredible work by the master.
Just when we thought he couldn’t top his previous ARGs, he makes one that has no connections, and is so unbelievably boring and dumb that even the most die hard completely lost interest.
Respect.

Last edited:
Again, pure genius by Kojima. Get on top of the rumours and point in the opposite direction by letting the domain expire.

Hasan being a complete moron and botching everything, his dumb idea of a real time trailer app that he incredibly thought other people will use, letting the domain expire….it’s all coming together. This is it. This is our moment. The ARG is entering its final stages.

it's curious how absolutely nobody has ever seen this guy in a cafe or spotted him in a photo.
That is what I was saying multiple times, with so much fuss on the internet in the past, you would expect that there was at least one person who recognized him and posted about it... I still think its possible that this is a real person / actor, but his appearance was a little bit modified using deepfake or a similar thing...

That is what I was saying multiple times, with so much fuss on the internet in the past, you would expect that there was at least one person who recognized him and posted about it... I still think its possible that this is a real person / actor, but his appearance was a little bit modified using deepfake or a similar thing...
Could it be because he's a normal, average looking man and no one outside of crazy people give a crap about a random dude who is making an indie game after years of failed indie games?
This isn't The Rock, this is Hasan Karahman, someone that no one on earth had heard of until crazy people took hold of a crazy rumour.

bitbydeath

Could it be because he's a normal, average looking man and no one outside of crazy people give a crap about a random dude who is making an indie game after years of failed indie games?
This isn't The Rock, this is Hasan Karahman, someone that no one on earth had heard of until crazy people took hold of a crazy rumour.
We know people tried looking for him.

We know people tried looking for him.
Which is also crazy! This is some dude just doing a job of trying to make an indie game and talking a bunch of crap, and you have the crazy people on the internet trying to hunt him down and go to his house because they are convinced his game is secretly Silent Hill made by Hideo Kojima.

GIF by The Cool Kids

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
And there's been... a pandemic.. one where people, wear masks in the rare times they do go into public.

There's not many who give a shit about this in the entire world, let alone wherever he lives. There's only one address of his ever online for his company registration and he may not live there, it's some shitty apartment that he would probably have been like 18 when he used the address.

Top Bottom