• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scorn has reached over 2 million players

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
smirk drinking GIF

Spyxos

I really like the Alien movies, but this game doesn't have much to offer and after 30-40 minutes I uninstalled it.

nkarafo

Maybe it's enough for the devs to care about fixing it's shader cache stutter issues on PC?

No?

I didn't think so.

ZoukGalaxy

It's more an artistic experience then a game, because you need to be involved to understand the story and ask yourself a lot of questions, but atmosphere is unmatched and just incredible and really worth a "play", people are so rude with this one.
That's just sad that you mostly need the artbook to really understand the story since several critical levels to the story are nowhere to be found in the game.

The game is truly fascinating and I'm glad it comes in a physical version to PS5, it's an instant buy for me as well as the physical artbook.

Last edited:

Fredrik

I really like the Alien movies, but this game doesn't have much to offer and after 30-40 minutes I uninstalled it.
I, too, am one of the 2 million players that tried it for 5 min and hated it
30-40 minutes and 5 minutes? you barely even started the game…

It’s a slow starter, and for me it clicked at the second area, after the… well, the thing happened… After that I couldn’t put it away. It’s like nothing else, completely unique, loved it.
PS5 version is going to be nuts if they do the haptics well. I played it on PC without any of that and it was already a total mindfuck there, late game segments won’t ever leave my mind 😵‍💫

Last edited:

Spyxos

It’s a slow starter, and for me it clicked at the second area, after the… well, the thing happened… After that I couldn’t put it away. It’s like nothing else, completely unique, loved it.
PS5 version is going to be nuts if they do the haptics well, I played it on PC without any of that and it was already a total mindfuck there, late game segments won’t ever leave my mind 😵‍💫
There was nothing there that would make me start the game again. I also watched some gameplay on youtube. It's just not made for me.

tmlDan

PS5 version is going to be nuts if they do the haptics well. I played it on PC without any of that and it was already a total mindfuck there, late game segments won’t ever leave my mind 😵‍💫
its a joke...its called hyperbole lol

Drizzlehell

Banned
I didn't have the patience to finish it... but the visuals and sound were lovely.

Congratz for them.

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I can get a key for $12, and I just can’t bring myself to it. Glad it’s done well, but environments aside nothing about this looks appealing.

And I LOVE fps games.

Zuzu

I’d like to know the completion rate. Or even the % of people who played for over an hour.

But Gamepass seems to have helped with the accessibility of the game. It does look interesting just from a visuals perspective. Some people probably tried it out just to see the art design.

Last edited:

Fredrik

There was nothing there that would make me start the game again. I also watched some gameplay on youtube. It's just not made for me.
I understand that it’s not for everyone, just know that 30-40 minutes in is at the very beginning, you’re still walking around in the starter tunnels, probably trying to figure out the puzzle with the creature in the egg thing.
It’s not that it changes in some dramatic way but I wasn’t over the moon at that point either. Thought it was extremely slow. But it grew on me. For me it was the puzzle complexity without hand holding, amazing art design, slow insane unnarrated and unpredictable story and general suspense and atmosphere that pulled me in. And when I was in it never left my mind.

I hope Sony put it on PS+ so more dare to try it. I understand that buying it at full price is out of the question for most. It needs to be cheap or it’ll stay unplayed.

I think they mean to say: 2 million players have downloaded and booted up the game at least once. Realistically, only a very small percentage of those players like the game even. I'm one of those "players". Downloaded it because I was curious and it was on Indiepass. Then played it for about 10 minutes, got incredibly bored, and uninstalled asap.

Fredrik

I can get a key for $12, and I just can’t bring myself to it. Glad it’s done well, but environments aside nothing about this looks appealing.

And I LOVE fps games.
It’s not a FPS. Trailers made it look that way though. And I think that’s the main reason many think it’s bad, they go in thinking it’s some DOOM game with Alien design, but as a shooter it’s absolute trash, like nobody will like it.

The thing is, it’s more like Myst, but with a horror theme. The action could possibly be on the scale of og Resident Evil 1, well no that’s way too much actually. Anyhow all your progress is done by solving puzzles, slow puzzles. And you get no hints. Like at all. So refreshing!
There is one boss fight that makes you progress through action, but even that is a puzzle of sorts.

However, I’m no doubt a fan so don’t go in thinking it’ll be a GOTY type of game. I think I like it because it kept surprising me with it’s atmosphere and art and story without any narration, and it kept challenging me with puzzles. Been playing games for over 40 years so that’s a rare thing, it often feels like I’ve already seen it all and experienced all stories. Most devs today act like I’m a child and hand-hold me through the whole game. Scorn treated me like an adult. I like that.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

How many finished it?
It's 31% on Steam so that's quite a healthy number even for a ~6 hour game.

Probably a lot less on Game Pass. Definitely not a game for everyone and the focus on the artistic side of it (while "forgetting" about solid gameplay) won't be to everyone's liking as well.

Last edited:

Roberts

How many finished it?
1000/1000. I think they did a great job with that creepy nightmarish atmosphere - I don't usually make screenshots all that often, but did with this one on more than one occasion. Don't want to spoil the story but it's actually pretty fascinating one even if it's super vague and probably can be interpreted differently by people.

Top Bottom