• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

She hulk trailer

Can't agree. I have enjoyed everything that I seen since Endgame and No Way Home is one of my favorite MCU films. Top 5 or 6 at least.

Only thing I haven't seen is Moon Knight.
Moon Knight is one of the few MCU shows I actually ended up enjoying. My favorite show ended up being Loki
I think this would have worked if instead of being smart, sarcastic and empowered, she was actually angry when she transformed into hulk.

I would love to see a show about a karen transforming into a green monster when somebody doesn't act the way she wants. It would be hilarious.
I'm pretty sure she's like that in comics.

Last edited:
Basically my thoughts. The dedicated Disney haters at large on social media are pissing their little pants about the CGI, but we live in a world where the "Arrowverse" exists and its CGI was fucking GARBAGE and yet people still tuned in every week for literally years.
The CGI complaints is so weird since as you said CW DC shows used cheap effects and noone complained. But I chalk it up to MCU hate. Other movies and shows have a ton of CGI in them and people don't complain nearly as much lol
The quality of Arrowverse shows definitely had a downwards trend. My only counterpoint to both of your points is that from what I saw and remembered, people were looking at Arrowverse CG team like the underdog team, and that's with good reason, because most of those shows were on a very, very small budget and had to work with what little they had. Most people would say "there's no way they pull this off" and yet they managed to do so, not perfectly of course, but better than they should have. I'm almost certain The Flash seasons 1 and 2 had CG artists that were treating it as a passion project, because they did what they could to impress with so little budget and time on a 24-26 episode season.

Now compare this to Disney/Marvel, who has almost staffed every CG artist known to man, who's treated as the gold standard non-underdog champion, and yet we still see mixed results. Of course people will complain more, because they've set their own standard that people are simply wanting them to uphold.

The quality of Arrowverse shows definitely had a downwards trend. My only counterpoint to both of your points is that from what I saw and remembered, people were looking at Arrowverse CG team like the underdog team, and that's with good reason, because most of those shows were on a very, very small budget and had to work with what little they had. Most people would say "there's no way they pull this off" and yet they managed to do so, not perfectly of course, but better than they should have. I'm almost certain The Flash seasons 1 and 2 had CG artists that were treating it as a passion project, because they did what they could to impress with so little budget and time on a 24-26 episode season.

Now compare this to Disney/Marvel, who has almost staffed every CG artist known to man, who's treated as the gold standard non-underdog champion, and yet we still see mixed results. Of course people will complain more, because they've set their own standard that people are simply wanting them to uphold.
Yet the scripts got worse for those shows as the Seasons went on. It's due to how cheap the budget is for those shows. I'm not saying that the CGI was always bad but the reason why I dropped the CW Arrowverse shows is due to the budget constraining the plot. Where they had to use forced drama to pad out the whole season. It doesn't surprise me that the Arrowverse got canceled and the CW is getting sold off. Yes I sound like a hater but I tried to enjoy them. I'm still extremely salty about Swamp Thing being canceled. And that was big budget. I hope the DC shows moving to HBO Max ups the budget since DC has some interesting characters. I wonder of they are still doing that Green Lantern show. Sounds great but I hope it gets off the ground and doesn't get canceled since it sounds too ambitious and expensive to make
It's on my list. I've just been binge watching Dr. Lupo playing Tarkov recently. No idea why. It's just funny and addictive.
Never heard of that one. Sounds interesting

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

Watched the trailer again. My God... the "chip on the shoulder" attitude, and the resulting behavior with awkwardly delivered lines. Whole thing is cringe as hell.

And, unlike a comment made earlier in the thread, that's got nothing to do with her being a woman, at least for me. Hell, I think my favorite character in the entire MCU is a woman -- Scarlet Witch. But Wanda Maximoff doesn't walk around delivering awkward lines or reminding you every two seconds that she's a woman. We can tell she's a woman, it's obvious. And a pretty damn strong one, at that -- quite possibly the strongest hero in the whole MCU lineup (uhhh... not sure about that, maybe Dr. Strange and Spider-Man are more powerful, I don't know I'm not a fucking comic book nerd :messenger_tears_of_joy:). Let's see, she:

- Mind-fucked practically the entire OG Avengers crew. Tony got massively shook from his visions
- Took a whole city hostage with just her mind
- Thanos Part 1: She took on Thanos, single-handedly, and if it wasn't for his last minute military-style call, she would've killed him, too. Hell, forget about her being the most successful 1-v-1 against Thanos, she was more successful than Captain America, Thor, and Iron Man combined.
- Thanos Part 2: She fended off, with one hand, a 5-ring-Gauntlet Thanos, while her other hand was busy destroying the Mind Stone. Talk about serious power.

So, MCU writers, take note: Women heroes are wonderful. Give us more Scarlet Witch, more Gamora, more Nebula, more Black Widow (well... Civil War and prior; after that her character got kind of annoying), more Wasp, hell even more Pepper Potts (reminder: Pepper directly had a hand in killing the main villains in 2 out of the 3 Iron Man stand-alone movies. In that regard, she has a better record than Tony in his own movie series.)

And give us less Captain Marvel and less.... whatever this She-Hulk abomination is supposed to be. kthxbye :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Well, the writers need to start putting a cap on her powers, they're so vaguely defined that in newer movies she can even kill with looks without anyone questioning it. And suddenly she can absorb heaps of blunt force too.

Last edited:

sol_bad

Someone show a CGI character on a TV show that looks better than this. And that takes up a significant amount of screen time.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I don't know, ummmm ,scheduling conflicts? Flash is in the movie for 60 seconds, why spend all that money flying him to be on set if he can do it somewhere else?
How much does it cost to set him up in a studio where he lives (LA?), sync the camera to the background shot somewhere else, get a director to film him, have costuming and makeup on scene, then create a good composite of the scene?

Versus flying the guy to Atlanta or wherever for 2 days to actually be in the shot they are already filming.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
How much does it cost to set him up in a studio where he lives (LA?), sync the camera to the background shot somewhere else, get a director to film him, have costuming and makeup on scene, then create a good composite of the scene?

Versus flying the guy to Atlanta or wherever for 2 days to actually be in the shot they are already filming.

Probably a lot more. Depends on the budget allotment for pickups.

sol_bad

Did you miss the part where I also mentioned scheduling issues? Marvel aren't going to reschedule shooting a film because one minor role actor can't make it, most things are probably already booked and paid for, delaying would burn millions of dollars.
It could also be from reshoots, rather than recreate the set or go back onsite it's far easier to do a blue screen.

People like to doom and gloom and just call Disney/Marvel lazy. But there could be a hundred reasons for doing it.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Did you miss the part where I also mentioned scheduling issues? Marvel aren't going to reschedule shooting a film because one minor role actor can't make it, most things are probably already booked and paid for, delaying would burn millions of dollars.
It could also be from reshoots, rather than recreate the set or go back onsite it's far easier to do a blue screen.

People like to doom and gloom and just call Disney/Marvel lazy. But there could be a hundred reasons for doing it.

You just listed the other reasons they do a remote pick-up or reshoot. These folks aren't all millionaires with private jets to take them everywhere they want to go. Movie studios have set budgets for movies. It's actually very rare a studio goes over budget for pickups and reshoots as it's almost always already allotted for. They take into account actor's and crew's schedules for the months leading up to release.

trikster40

Looks good, it just sounds like she’s going to be replacing the Hulk in the MCU, what with Ruffalo saying he’s passing the “banner” to her.

That’ll suck.

Who hates vagina?

Maybe gay bois, but even women love vagina more often than not. They have monologues about them.

Yeah I saw that post and thought it was incredibly dumb. Granted I haven't read every single post in this thread, but the criticisms are not because it's a female superhero, it's because the characters/dialogue seem horrible and the CGI.... well, enough has been said about the CGI 😂

Yet the scripts got worse for those shows as the Seasons went on. It's due to how cheap the budget is for those shows. I'm not saying that the CGI was always bad but the reason why I dropped the CW Arrowverse shows is due to the budget constraining the plot. Where they had to use forced drama to pad out the whole season. It doesn't surprise me that the Arrowverse got canceled and the CW is getting sold off. Yes I sound like a hater but I tried to enjoy them. I'm still extremely salty about Swamp Thing being canceled. And that was big budget. I hope the DC shows moving to HBO Max ups the budget since DC has some interesting characters. I wonder of they are still doing that Green Lantern show. Sounds great but I hope it gets off the ground and doesn't get canceled since it sounds too ambitious and expensive to make
I agree. If HBO approaches GL like they did with peacemaker, with a director and staff who were interested and passionate about the project while being given a huge budget, it could end up good.

By the way you don't sound like a hater, you sound like a critic...or maybe a fan who wants them to do better 🤷🏻‍♂️

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
0hZ0elA.gif

I agree. If HBO approaches GL like they did with peacemaker, with a director and staff who were interested and passionate about the project while being given a huge budget, it could end up good.

By the way you don't sound like a hater, you sound like a critic...or maybe a fan who wants them to do better 🤷🏻‍♂️
I'm a bigger Marvel fan than DC but I want DC to able to compete with Marvel. Competition is great for everyone. I have to watch Peacemaker, I didn't like James Gunn Suicide Squad and I didn't like Guardians 1. I hope I like Peacemaker since when it comes to James Gunn I'm either going to like his stuff or hate it.

Also yeah I'm keeping a close eye on GL. Hopefully WB doesn't pussy out and cancel it. This show has the potential to be big

Lunarorbit

Let's get some fries. That was pretty funny.

I thought Bruce got his powers from a gamma accident? I guess those powers are latent in his family and the gamma makes them come out?

ManaByte

Gold Member
Let's get some fries. That was pretty funny.

I thought Bruce got his powers from a gamma accident? I guess those powers are latent in his family and the gamma makes them come out?

It's in his blood, which Jennifer gets from a transfusion. Abomination got his powers from Bruce's blood, and The Leader is out there somewhere too.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Please tell. Is a TV show a way to go around the Universal issue(is it still an issue?). What is the date? the plot?

Development grids showing a Hulk project in development leaked out, but sites are idiots for immediately claiming it's a movie. Same thing happened with Nova, but those who were smart didn't commit to it being a movie or show and it's now a Disney+ show. You can't tell with Marvel in 2022, anything they start working on can either go to theaters or D+. The grid had World War Hulk as the title.

trikster40

Last edited:

sol_bad

https://www.ign.com/articles/she-hulk-mark-ruffalo-passing-banner

"Tatiana Maslany is frickin' legendary as the She-Hulk," Ruffalo told Access Hollywood at a premiere event on Monday. "I'm passing the banner onto her. There's some really good, funny, cool, long, long scenes between the professor and her. We've never really seen the Hulk interact with people the way he does in that show. It'll be really interesting."

It's probably a play on words? He's Bruce Banner, he's passing some of him onto her.

trikster40

It's probably a play on words? He's Bruce Banner, he's passing some of him onto her.
I just have a feeling since Marvel can’t make a solo Hulk movie that they’ll find other ways, this being one of them. I don’t see them having as many team-up movies in the future, and with pretty much the entire core gone except for Hemsworth and Renner, I just don’t see Ruffalo sticking around

ManaByte

Gold Member
I just have a feeling since Marvel can’t make a solo Hulk movie
They can. The Universal distribution rights are reverting this year and they're working on something.

Marvel could ALWAYS have made a solo Hulk movie, but they couldn't distribute it. Marvel owns the character 100%, but Universal owned the DISTRIBUTION rights, meaning Disney couldn't release it in theaters. Those rights are reverting.

Last edited:

trikster40

They can. The Universal distribution rights are reverting this year and they're working on something.

[/URL]

Marvel could ALWAYS have made a solo Hulk movie, but they couldn't distribute it. Marvel owns the character 100%, but Universal owned the DISTRIBUTION rights, meaning Disney couldn't release it in theaters. Those rights are reverting.
Is there anything Universal can do to somehow keep the distribution rights and throw a wrench in everything, or do the rights expire regardless?

DKehoe

No background noise.. better lighting.. don’t have to worry about an extra fucking up the scene…lots of good reasons really.
It looks cheap. If you're making a film for $200 million you shouldn't have shots that look this bad

IMG-8162.jpg

Or like this

s7ovdbqp5rn81.webp

It also puts the actors in a situation that makes it harder for them to give a good performance.

Ulysses 31

It looks cheap. If you're making a film for $200 million you shouldn't have shots that look this bad

IMG-8162.jpg

Or like this

s7ovdbqp5rn81.webp

It also puts the actors in a situation that makes it harder for them to give a good performance.
Or this
iu

For indoors is seems even harder to me since they'll have to nail the lighting or else you get this
FS_jeNeWIAE2JyX.jpg

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
The whole point of Hulk to me was that it’s a take on Jekyll and Hyde with Banner having to deal with the burden of having an uncontrollable side to him, after 10 years Banner in the MCU learned to manage his emotions and became a boring character because of it.

She Hulk being straight up just a green strong women is boring to me (don’t care that it’s Comic accurate).

sol_bad

The whole point of Hulk to me was that it’s a take on Jekyll and Hyde with Banner having to deal with the burden of having an uncontrollable side to him, after 10 years Banner in the MCU learned to manage his emotions and became a boring character because of it.

She Hulk being straight up just a green strong women is boring to me (don’t care that it’s Comic accurate).

I read all the issues of the Hulk from the 1960's and early 1970's where he is an uncontrollable monster and that is what I have found boring for him. I have no idea how that element of the Hulk lasted 100+ issues. Obviously you don't care about comics but you can't place your expectations of Hulk onto She-Hulk, they are two entirely different characters. If she was going to be another rage induced uncontrollable monster what would even be the point of her?

I read all the issues of the Hulk from the 1960's and early 1970's where he is an uncontrollable monster and that is what I have found boring for him. I have no idea how that element of the Hulk lasted 100+ issues. Obviously you don't care about comics but you can't place your expectations of Hulk onto She-Hulk, they are two entirely different characters. If she was going to be another rage induced uncontrollable monster what would even be the point of her?
I like The Hulk but he's such a one note character

dr_octagon

Banned
Suits will be part of the MCU, it is inevitable.

The future tv series will focus on an angry woman who is criticised for being strong and independent and her boyfriend who has a racist family: Meghan Markle and the ginger formerly known as Prince.

Top Bottom