• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sherlock Series 4 |OT| - Did You Miss Me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way there were at least two Sherlock actor sightings in Rogue One. Major Sholto plays a high profile Rebellion officer, and fucking ANDERSON, of course, argues against fighting the Empire.

Media

By the way there were at least two Sherlock actor sightings in Rogue One. Major Sholto plays a high profile Rebellion officer, and fucking ANDERSON, of course, argues against fighting the Empire.

I noticed Anderson (and his hilarious beard) right away but not Sholto lol. Good catch

Slight tweak here :)

They're streaming on the same day, but BBC is 8:30pm GMT (3:30pm EST), and PBS is 9pm EST.

Lol yes yes, that pesky time zone thing is still an annoyance.

Btw, here's the third HQ character poster: Hudders joins the fray

I told my friend this after seeing the movie: "Is it wrong that I recognized Jonathan Aris' "Anderson" voice before even seeing him on-screen?"

We both agreed that it wasn't. Sholto I recognized immediately though.

oti

Banned
Moriarty was such a shitty villain, made me lose so much interest in this show. That and the decreasing quality overall. Was the special any good?

I enjoyed it far more than Season 3. Season 3 to me is "let's make everything super shiny!" to the point that it actively distracts from the plot and the characters.

Monocle

HYPE. So damn hype.

This season is especially exciting as a reformed hater of Moriarty's actor. Or rather, his portrayal of the character. Something just shifted for me in S2 and suddenly he was an incredibly effective villain.

gutshot

Does any one know if this will be available to stream on the PBS Roku app? Just got a Roku for Christmas and am hoping I can watch it through there instead of having to connect my laptop to the TV and stream via pbs.com, as we've done in the past.

Does any one know if this will be available to stream on the PBS Roku app? Just got a Roku for Christmas and am hoping I can watch it through there instead of having to connect my laptop to the TV and stream via pbs.com, as we've done in the past.

In the past, I believe the PBS app on Apple TV has had the episodes up the following day, if not immediately after airing. I'd imagine/hope it's the same for Roku.

You know, the broken violin string is definitely making me thing at least one person is going to die.
I mean, Gatiss and Moffat have repeatedly said this series is going to be the darkest yet. That's usually code for "someone important is going to die".

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Oh man three episodes is not enough for me.

Can't wait.

Media

I mean, Gatiss and Moffat have repeatedly said this series is going to be the darkest yet. That's usually code for "someone important is going to die".

Well yeah, but we're talking about Moffat here...:p

I mean we know it's not Sherlock, or John, so it has to be Molly, Lestrade, Mrs. Hudson, or Mycroft. My money? Mycroft.

I mean we know it's not Sherlock, or John, so it has to be Molly, Lestrade, Mrs. Hudson, or Mycroft. My money? Mycroft.

Yup same here. Mycroft is done. You left out the other 100 year old death we all know is coming too. ;)

Look closely at the posters for Greg and Molly I linked earlier... You might see something as well.

Ooooh. That's...not good. Yikes.

Well Mary Watson dies in the canon, so she's a possibility. Thought it'd be silly to fake kill her and then kill her.

Wasn't a huge fan of the Bride christmas episode but looking forward to this, for some reason I thought they hadn't even started filming season 4. Nice surprise!

Geist-

All I know is I'm going to love the next 3 weeks than be pissed off for a couple years after that because 3 episodes just isn't enough for a 2 year wait.

Can't fucking wait.

Azzanadra

mybodyisready.jpg

The Christmas episode was...interesting
Would have preferred if it was a "true" spinoff and actually taking place in the day rather than basically being Sherlock's fever dream/thought process.
but I cannot wait to see where the go with the story here.

Media

Canon spoilers
well Mary Watson dies in the canon, so she's a possibility. Thought it'd be silly to fake kill her and then kill her

Not everyone knows that, we spoiler stuff from the canon that hasn't appeared in the show. So please edit :p

Media

Fixed, might want to edit my quote then...I hadn't thought of spoilering 100+ year old stories!

Haha thanks, I'm so out of it tonight! Fixed.

And we mostly do it as a 'we're just nice thing' rather than a 'NO SPOILERS OMG' thing. I mean, it would have sucked if a fan who had no previous or little knowledge of the canon had joined the thread as we were all talking about how Reichenbach Fall would likely mean Sherlock was going to fall to his death somehow and it would be a fakeout :p

Because the modern viewer is surely acquainted with these classics.

I mean it's no big deal to me to spoiler them, but where does the line get drawn? Spoiler that
Tiny Tim survives in A Christmas Carol or that Achilles can get killed by an arrow to his heel?

Not to muddy the thread up anymore...

And we mostly do it as a 'we're just nice thing' rather than a 'NO SPOILERS OMG' thing. I mean, it would have sucked if a fan who had no previous or little knowledge of the canon had joined the thread as we were all talking about how Reichenbach Fall would likely mean Sherlock was going to fall to his death somehow and it would be a fakeout :p

True enough. Thought it was only a fake out because the fans made Conan Doyle keep writing! It was supposed to be the end.

Media

I mean it's no big deal to me to spoiler them, but where does the line get drawn? Spoiler that
Tiny Tim survives in A Christmas Carol or that Achilles can get killed by an arrow to his heel?

Not to muddy the thread up anymore...

True enough. Thought it was only a fake out because the fans made Conan Doyle keep writing! It was supposed to be the end.

Yep, that's how it happened. First fandom after all :p But it's still canon, so it works.

We basically do it because we can't expect people to read a bunch of 100 year old stories and know all this shit just because a TV show got popular.

I do love how they tend to not only throw something shocking at the newbs but at us old farts who love the original stories too.

Which is why I silently giggled at all the people saying last season was pandering to the tumblr crowd...when those debates have literally been going on for 100 years before tumblr existed.

Media

TPTB keep denying it, but with the history, the 100s of years of speculation, and the fact no interpretation has done it before, I hold out hope.

gUnWumh.gif

ganon

Is Moriarty's actor really coming back? I hate his over the top acting...

Let's hope this season will be better than the disappointing S3 + The Abominable Bride special.

Mivey

TPTB keep denying it, but with the history, the 100s of years of speculation, and the fact no interpretation has done it before, I hold out hope.
The third Sherlock Holmes movie might actually go with that. After putting Sherlock in a dress, would it be even shocking there?

MarveI

So...I'm quite a bit disappointed.

I'm not one of those people that hates S3 because it's not what I expected. I admit that S3 was better than S1 as a whole despite a lackluster episode 1. The writing, acting is all top tier TV. Character development of S3 was exceptional.

But I just read a non-spoiler review of episode 1 and I am severely disappointed.
I want the show to go back to being about Sherlock Holmes & John Watson. Instead it has become about Sherlock, John & Mary. I hate Mary. She was tolerable and enjoyable as a side character but the way she has been bumped up to main character status has left me severely disappointed. I know it's just episode 1 but I'm gonna keep my expectations in check because of this.

Strangely the weakest episode of S2 was episode 2 and weakest episode of S3 was episode 1. Both written by Mark. I really loved his The Great Game but since then his episodes have been the weakest of the bunch..by a mile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom