• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sherlock Series 4 |OT| - Did You Miss Me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auctopus

The "omg it's
boring old Mary with her secret past
" 'twist' just doesn't have the same impact on me anymore - such a retread.

Nothing about
her present day character suggests any depth or confliction until someone brings up her past and even then I don't feel the actress pulls it off.

kromeo

I'm out, the whole secret ninja spy wife storyline was shit when it was revealed and it's even more ridiculous in this episode

Kalor

The first part of this episode when it was a standard mystery was pretty good and then the Mary stuff started.

Clegg

Opening was the perfect example of how overrated Moffat is. Barely crawling out of the corners he constantly writes himself in to, makes things feel so bloated with no stakes. Whatever mortal danger characters appear in this season, it feels like it won't matter cause he'll retcon in the next season.

Also, I don't know if it's meant to be but Cumberwatch sounds weird, isn't acting right.
Mark Gatiss wrote this episode.

iFirez

I don't hate the Mary stuff, I just don't believe the actress in that role when she's all ninja assassin. I like the Sherlock specific stuff and the way stories build around him, it feels a little off when it focuses on Mary doing a dumb American accent on a plane.

Auctopus

Besides the "6 Years Ago", they're doing a bad job of keeping track of time. That little Watson infidelity bit seemed like it happened over a couple of days. I'm not sure if they're doing it on purpose.

Mark Gatiss wrote this episode.

They're both involved with modern-day Doctor Who which suffers from the same issue.

Auctopus

This is utter crap. I thought they might change direction after Season 3 but they're just barrelling down this same path.

Wasn't John a battlefield medic? Thought a
gunshot wound
would be his bread and butter.

Auctopus

Re: next week's preview - "He is the most dangerous, despicable man I've ever met etc. etc." - just like the last 2 seasons?

Damn, I absolute love S1 and S2. But this show just isn't as clever and is far more bloated than them. The show is waaaay less clever than it likes to think it is now.

Do I stay on BBC and watch Mrs Brown or switch over to the darts?

Watch Mrs. Brown's Boys and stick darts in your eyes.

nOoblet16

The problem with Mary as a black ops super ninja is that Amanda Abington just simply doesn't look the part, she looks like a middle aged mother of two with a desk job. And I don't just mean in terms of her face but also how her physique how she stands, moves and behaves. I just can't buy it.

Kalor

The middle section really brought the whole thing down. I'm still looking forward to the rest of the series but I hope they don't drag it down by bringing in Mary's past again.

Lyonaz

The episode was alright, it can only go up from here.

Also Taboo starting on saturday. Trailer looked great, Tom Hardy looks awesome.

Alienous

The problem with Mary as a black ops super ninja is that Amanda Abington just simply doesn't look the part, she looks like a middle aged mother of two with a desk job. And I don't just mean in terms of her face but also how her physique how she stands, moves and behaves. I just can't buy it.

She looks uncomfortable holding a gun. You're right, it just isn't believable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom