• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sherlock: The Abominable Bride |OT| 19th Century, My Dear Watson

Status
Not open for further replies.
sherlockbannert5ak8.png

The Abominable Bride is a new feature-length episode of Sherlock airing on New Years Day at 9pm (BBC One, UK / PBS, US). Filming for the fourth series starts in the Spring.

PBS live stream here.

Directed by Douglas Mackinnon
Written by Mark Gatiss & Steven Moffat

title1ikphb.png

What if the world's most famous consulting detective and his best friend lived in a Baker Street of steam trains, hansom cabs, top hats and frock-coats? Welcome to 'Sherlock' in 1895!

Some things, though, remain reassuringly the same. Friendship, adventure and especially, MURDER...

Why is Thomas Ricoletti a little surprised to see his wife dressed in her old wedding gown? Because, just a few hours before, she took her own life...

Mrs Ricoletti's ghost now appears to be prowling the streets with an unslakeable thirst for revenge. From fog-shrouded Limehouse to the bowels of a ruined church, Holmes, Watson and their friends must use all their cunning to combat an enemy seemingly from beyond the grave and the final, shocking truth about...the Abominable Bride!

p0363pp13goem.jpg

title2shj0e.png

char11rs18.png

Benedict Cumberbatch is SHERLOCK HOLMES

char2c5swf.png

Martin Freeman is JOHN WATSON

char3sxshi.png

Natasha O'Keeffe is THE BRIDE

char4xqufa.png

Amanda Abbington is MARY WATSON

char5kejd9.png

Una Stubbs is MRS HUDSON

char6cus5v.png

Rupert Graves is DETECTIVE INSPECTOR LESTRADE

title3dus9e.png

Trailer 1
Trailer 2
Trailer 3

Why Are We Going Back To Victorian Times?
Taking Sherlock Back To Victorian Times

“The stage is set. The curtain rises. We are ready to begin.”

p0393lq5.jpg

Cheers to BrokenJoystick for the thread title.

Blue Lou

Nice OT. Hopefully it's better than the last offering, that was a disappointment but I think that's because I don't like 'social' Sherlock.

tomtom94

Was about to ask "who's directing" so I looked it up - Douglas Mackinnon, debut for Sherlock but worked with Moffat on Jekyll and Doctor Who (including this year's Who Christmas special).

Very excited for this. Hope it's as good as Last Vow and leaves behind the things which dragged down the rest of series 3.

let the gifs commence

mclem

Sherlock-related news: Beryl Vertue, executive producer of Sherlock, titan of British TV and Stephen Moffat's mother-in-law got a CBE in the new year's honours (she was already an OBE)
I'm somewhat surprised that's all she's got, to be honest, because she's been quite a force in TV for most of my lifetime.

Ready for the special but I'm more looking forward to the filming of series 4.

That said, DVR is ready, theater tickets secured for the 5th and 6th and will be streaming live on the 1st.

Akahige

I am ready, the wait actually wasn't unbearable this time like Season 2 to 3 was.

PBS isn't editing this down right? That would be a major disappointment.

PaulloDEC

It seems like this is going to be exclusive to Stan, one of several streaming services fighting for dominance here in Australia. I wonder if the one screening they're doing at my local cinema has sold out yet...

Wahey, was a little disappointed this hadn't popped up sooner! So ready.

Hm, so we'll be getting Moffat and Gattis's explanation for how somebody who took their own life can miraculously come back to life huh...

batbeg

I just googled the release date of this tonight and was so stoked! I plan to watch it tonight then see the unedited version in theaters Tuesday!

Protome

I really hope this is a return to form for Sherlock. Those first two series were damn near perfect but the third was such a shitshow.

Protome

It was different, but I still liked it. You can't not like the wedding episode if you like the characters.
The wedding episode had some good moments but was incredibly cringey for the most part.

To be fair though, making everything shit after The Final Problem is at least pretty faithful to the books.

I still don't understand why people hated character development.

I mean, it wasn't like they could go from Richenbach to The Empty Hearse and not have some major changes to all the characters happen. That would be unrealistic.
And honestly Freeman nails eeeeevery scene he's in in Series 3. Comedy or dramatic. Just love him.

"Because that's where they sit."

Gambit

He perfect for this, totally. I love me some Ben, don't get me wrong, but Freeman is the better actor of the two most times :p

Very true. It has become more and more apparent over the course of the series but especially season 3.

Weckum

Looking forward to this.

My local movie theater is actually showing this tonight at 8pm on a big screen, but I already made other plans. So bummed out I can't go, would've loved to see this on a big screen :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom