• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shinobi602: Developer/Leaker- "Reafirms Playstation Studios have a lot ready to be Shown"

Draugoth

Gold Member
From Resetera Leaker/Dev:

Shinobi602: "I don't know what Sony's exact plans are when it comes to a showcase or State of Plays and all that. But I know a good amount of teams are at a point where things are certainly ready to be shown."

N2B2Fxg.png

• Ghost of Tsushima 2
  • Team Asobi Game
  • Firewalk Studios Game
  • Helldrivers 2
  • xDev Sci-fi Game
  • PC Ports

Lot's of Playstation Studios are ready to show what they have been working on. So Sony can pick the biggest and best and slowly show more as we get closer to end of the year when other projects start looking as impactful.

Word on the street is Playstation studios is stacked it sounds like.....

Heavy Breathing intensifies...........

Last edited:

leo-j

Just hate that they are taking so long to announce a showcase…… been over a year since the last major showcase 👀

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I forget if it was Shinobi or another twitter guy, but was Shinobi the one who in summer 2013 he claimed he had insider info that Xbox One and PS4 would "release either October or December", but it turned out both released in November.

That was when both companies were hush hush on launch dates till the last minute.

GymWolf

No shit.

Spidey 2
New bend title
Factions 2
Tsushima 2

These titles should have a 10 min vertical slice gameplay ready for the show if devs haven't slept all this time.

Last edited:

HoldTheAir

If only Xbox would get their heads out of their asses and give Xbox fans like myself and deliver great high quality exclusive games. Halo died a few months after launch. It launched feature incomplete. Forge should have been in the game Day 1. Gears 5's content has all but dried up. Show me some Hellblade 2. Some Avowed. Some Fable. Announce some new IP's at the showcase next month. Show me why I need to continue to invest in Xbox, because Playstation is showing me a hell of a lot more effort at this point in the game.

HTK

Banned
How is this even news?

There have been studios working on things for 3+ years now of course they have things to show. This is what happens when there is no competition, they have their own schedule with no pressure.

Hunnybun

Just hate that they are taking so long to announce a showcase…… been over a year since the last major showcase 👀

They didn't even really show much at that one either. Just a couple of teasers and a very cross gen looking Ragnarok (so the main reveal was essentially a disappointment).

The last really exciting event they had was the HFW gameplay reveal nearly 2 years ago. The last good showcase was nearly 3 years ago.

It's really getting fucking ridiculous.

Varteras

Gold Member
From Resetera Leaker/Dev:

N2B2Fxg.png

• Ghost of Tsushima 2
  • Team Asobi Game
  • Firewalk Studios Game
  • Helldrivers 2
  • xDev Sci-fi Game
  • PC Ports

I wouldn't run with that list. While that is a safe bet, that list is not from Shinobi. It's from a poster on ResetEra who I used to know from VGChartz. Pi-Guy. Unless something changed that I'm not aware of and he made connections, he's not an insider.

Solidus_T

I think anyone would expect them to have something to show - it would be a problem if they didn't, however:

Team Asobi Games
XDev Sci Fi Game
PC Ports
I
can't wait to see these.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
My predictions:
  • The Last of Us Online
  • Spider-Man 2
  • Firewalk's game
  • Bluepoint's game. BOY!
  • Lost Souls Aside
  • Ballistic Moon's game.
  • Twisted Metal (releasing soon)
  • Death Stranding 2
  • People Can Fly's Sci-Fi game.
  • Final Fantasy
  • Horizon Online
  • Helldivers 2
Then 3rd party games:
  • Mortal Kombat 12
  • Tekken 8 / Street Fighter 6
  • Star Wars

Gudji

Just wanna see Guerrilla games new game and also factions (hope its an extraction shooter of some kind).

Last edited:

HTK

Banned
My predictions:
  • The Last of Us Online
  • Spider-Man 2
  • Firewalk's game
  • Bluepoint's game. BOY!
  • Lost Souls Aside
  • Ballistic Moon's game.
  • Twisted Metal (releasing soon)
  • Death Stranding 2
  • People Can Fly's Sci-Fi game.
  • Final Fantasy
  • Horizon Online
  • Helldivers 2
Then 3rd party games:
  • Mortal Kombat 12
  • Tekken 8 / Street Fighter 6
  • Star Wars
Heisenberg007 Heisenberg007 do you think that Horizon Online is done by the 2nd Guerilla Games Team? I know they hired the Rainbow Six Siege Director like 2-3 years ago and it seemed to me they would do like a competitive shooter or something along those lines. Still waiting to see what that team is cooking, I hope it's not Horizon Online to be honest.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Heisenberg007 Heisenberg007 do you think that Horizon Online is done by the 2nd Guerilla Games Team? I know they hired the Rainbow Six Siege Director like 2-3 years ago and it seemed to me they would do like a competitive shooter or something along those lines. Still waiting to see what that team is cooking, I hope it's not Horizon Online to be honest.
Yes. Their 2nd team is working on Horizon Online. The Siege Director is also working on Horizon Online.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I mean they have skipped 2 E3s in a row. Of course they have a lot to show lmao.

These leakers are the worst. At least tell us what ND is working on. TLOU3 or a new IP? Whats Sony Bend working on? Last we heard was a new IP with online elements? Insomniac too. Is it gaas trash like Redfall and Suicide Squad?

Is Factions going to release this year? We have seen just how truly awful the art design is for Horizon MP. Is this what all GaaS games from Sony studios going to look like?

Is Death Stranding going to get a gameplay demo? Wolverine?

Is Cory finally going to show up with his new game after 5 years of development time? Is Bend going to show up 4 years after shipping Days Gone? Are ND and Sucker Punch going to show up 3 years after shipping their last game? Respawn made and shipped Star Wars in 3.5 years and these studios have been MIA for far too long. They all better turn up.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Arrested Development Crying GIF by HULU

Is this confirmed for real? Got I hate that franchise so much, I need Horizon to die out. I feel like a lot of good tech and devs wasted on Horizon. :*(
Yeah, think of it is as pretty much confirmed.

I love Horizon, man. And I'm very excited for that multiplayer game. My only gripe with it so far is that stylized art style they went with. I understand why they did that -- to ensure the longevity of a live-service game -- but a Horizon living breathing online world (like a GTA online) with realistic graphics and pure gameplay would have been so much fun.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
So when is it? Is it in May like people said?

Have Sony even mentioned when they are doing a show yet?

Would love to see them take charge and do a show this month, as they used to always go after MS and see what they were doing first. Would be awesome to see Sony lead with their show first.

Mahavastu

I mean they have skipped 2 E3s in a row. Of course they have a lot to show lmao.
No, only one. They had a large show case in 2021, but outside the E3 time frame.

Anyway, when translated to PS4 timeframe, last year was 2015 and this year is 2016. And E3 2015 and E3 2016 were both absolute bangers. With Sony not having done anything last year they are probably loaded to fill 2 shows :messenger_beaming:

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Here is what I'm expecting at the next showcase at an absolute minimum.

Spider-Man 2
Wolverine
Resistance Trilogy remastered
Ghost of Tsushima 2
Helldivers 2
New IP from Sony Bend
Bloodborne 2
Firewalk Studios new game
Sony Santa Monica new IP
new Knights of the Old Republic trailer.

And that's just the first party stuff. I also expect:

Dragons Dogma 2
Dino Crisis remake announcement
GTA6
Half-Life Alyx (VR)
Half-Life Orange Box remaster

And a ton of other stuff.

We've waited long enough. It's time for Sony to deliver the showcase for the ages.

Tsaki

Well duh, Shinobi. They haven't had a big Showcase since 2021. Games get piled on the more you wait. Hopefully they show games for 2023 and 2024 and skip the further to the future games. Their 1st party don't need to waste more time and extend their dev cycle by preparing vertical slices that may very well change until the 2025-2026 release.

Top Bottom