• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shinobi602: Developer/Leaker- "Reafirms Playstation Studios have a lot ready to be Shown"

mejin

Everyone?

iSUMRFS.png

micbash.webp

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Here is what I'm expecting at the next showcase at an absolute minimum.

Spider-Man 2
Wolverine
Resistance Trilogy remastered
Ghost of Tsushima 2
Helldivers 2
New IP from Sony Bend
Bloodborne 2
Firewalk Studios new game
Sony Santa Monica new IP
new Knights of the Old Republic trailer.

And that's just the first party stuff. I also expect:

Dragons Dogma 2
Dino Crisis remake announcement
GTA6
Half-Life Alyx (VR)
Half-Life Orange Box remaster

And a ton of other stuff.

We've waited long enough. It's time for Sony to deliver the showcase for the ages.
yep. enough is enough. Time to do an E3 2015 or E3 2016 caliber show.

Who do you think is making BB2? Bluepoint or From? Why would From not make elden ring 2? if it's Bluepoint, id think they would be making demon souls 2 instead.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
yep. enough is enough. Time to do an E3 2015 or E3 2016 caliber show.

Who do you think is making BB2? Bluepoint or From? Why would From not make elden ring 2? if it's Bluepoint, id think they would be making demon souls 2 instead.

I think Bluepoint for BB2.

Although I'd take a DS2, I'd imagine there is more interest in a BB2.

Either way, I have a hunch that the next Sony showcase will blow 2015 out of the water. If it's not, then Sony would have hugely failed.

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
I mean they have skipped 2 E3s in a row. Of course they have a lot to show lmao.

These leakers are the worst. At least tell us what ND is working on. TLOU3 or a new IP? Whats Sony Bend working on? Last we heard was a new IP with online elements? Insomniac too. Is it gaas trash like Redfall and Suicide Squad?

Is Factions going to release this year? We have seen just how truly awful the art design is for Horizon MP. Is this what all GaaS games from Sony studios going to look like?

Is Death Stranding going to get a gameplay demo? Wolverine?

Is Cory finally going to show up with his new game after 5 years of development time? Is Bend going to show up 4 years after shipping Days Gone? Are ND and Sucker Punch going to show up 3 years after shipping their last game? Respawn made and shipped Star Wars in 3.5 years and these studios have been MIA for far too long. They all better turn up.
I can see them not doing a showcase at all and being happy with State of Play for the rest of the gen if they feel that it work better for them in terms of sales. Not a prediction, just a fear that is caused by the lack of a true showcase for basically all the PS5 life for God's sake. But I quoted you more for the last part. Good studios can take all the time they need if it help them making absolute masterpieces. I prefer having nothing that what EA had done with Anthem by showcasing a hype trailer that promised thing that the studio was not certain of doing at all. Sony learned that lesson and others with Killzone I hope. Sony is getting on Nintendo quality wise. One of the downside of it is that they will sooner or later follow their 1 game per generation rule. Better than skipping a gen like Elder Scroll and GTA did. So if the showcase is there and great, great. If not I will try to not be too sad about it. At least with the acquisition almost over Sony will have no excuses not to give us a great showcase. Hyped the most by Cory game I think.

SlimySnake

I can see them not doing a showcase at all and being happy with State of Play for the rest of the gen if they feel that it work better for them in terms of sales. Not a prediction, just a fear that is caused by the lack of a true showcase for basically all the PS5 life for God's sake. But I quoted you more for the last part. Good studios can take all the time they need if it help them making absolute masterpieces. I prefer having nothing that what EA had done with Anthem by showcasing a hype trailer that promised thing that the studio was not certain of doing at all. Sony learned that lesson and others with Killzone I hope. Sony is getting on Nintendo quality wise. One of the downside of it is that they will sooner or later follow their 1 game per generation rule. Better than skipping a gen like Elder Scroll and GTA did. So if the showcase is there and great, great. If not I will try to not be too sad about it. At least with the acquisition almost over Sony will have no excuses not to give us a great showcase. Hyped the most by Cory game I think.
1 game per generation sounds like hell to me, and soon they will turn into an Elder Scrolls and GTA situation where you end up missing entire gens.

I think the scope of games can be limited without sacrificing quality. Does GOW need to be a 50 hour game? Did horizon need 100 hours of side content? Should Anthem have taken 7 years to make? If TLOU3 is the only game ND makes this gen besides Factions then it will be very disappointing.

I like what Ted Price is doing with Insomniac. Short 15-20 hour games with insanely high production values that release once every 2 years while having another completely independent team work on a separate game. I think ND, GG, and SSM ought to follow that strategy. If From can release Armored Core just a year after Elden Ring then other bigger western studios should be able to do the same.

I mean......they should be. We have not had a proper showcase in forever.
And Sony needs to let everyone know what's coming for the next few years.

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
1 game per generation sounds like hell to me, and soon they will turn into an Elder Scrolls and GTA situation where you end up missing entire gens.

I think the scope of games can be limited without sacrificing quality. Does GOW need to be a 50 hour game? Did horizon need 100 hours of side content? Should Anthem have taken 7 years to make? If TLOU3 is the only game ND makes this gen besides Factions then it will be very disappointing.

I like what Ted Price is doing with Insomniac. Short 15-20 hour games with insanely high production values that release once every 2 years while having another completely independent team work on a separate game. I think ND, GG, and SSM ought to follow that strategy. If From can release Armored Core just a year after Elden Ring then other bigger western studios should be able to do the same.
I agree. And Naughty dog showed it too when they did Uncharted 4 that was great, but took a long time to make and then made the DLC that was better. I want more of that, just with more meat to it because Sony want their 70$ full game price each time. I do not want the one game each generation to happen. But I consider it inevitable, or at least very probable. Making a game is hard and take time. And doing it with the quality and polish that Sony best studios does make it harder. I love Insomniac too. But, with the caveat that Covid did not help them at all, their last games are not as good as they could be. I love Ratchet & Clank. The last one was simply not as good as it could be. I need a true sequel instead of what we got. Something with enough length that I can abandon myself in it. Miles Morales work well for what is it trying to do. But I hope that with Spiderman 2 we will have better. I think that 1 game and one DLC worked out well and should be the standard in the future. From is a special case in that they found a niche where the graphics are not as important that they are for others games. And that is for me not the case for most of Sony's games. Bluepoint could have made a Demon's souls remaster faster if they did not try to entirely remake everything. That needs time. And I love the fact that some games have this depth. No need to be that big, yes. But I do not think that GOW makers could just say " we will do X hours of game per year of development. So how many hours of game do you need?" to Sony and go from that. Better take the time and be good that try for a fast track that can lead to problems. In a perfect world I would be 100% with you. But better a 50 hours GOW Ragnarok than a 25 that is rushed for a deadline in the hopes of making another 25h game before the end of the generation.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Arrested Development Crying GIF by HULU

Is this confirmed for real? Got I hate that franchise so much, I need Horizon to die out. I feel like a lot of good tech and devs wasted on Horizon. :*(
Yes. There was a leak of work in progress footage. They are going for a fortnite artstyle. they have the best looking game in the world and they are throwing it away to chase the fortnite crowd.

Horizon-Multiplayer-2048x1152.jpg

5Ax5zw0.png

pfBsPp4.png

Herman Hurst needs to go. What a joke this is.

Perrott

Gold Member
Duh, they haven't had a significant first-party showing in a while, so of course they do (and should) have stuff ready by now.

hemo memo

Gold Member
I love these insiders....

Hey guys, the market leader in high end consoles have development teams that will be ready to show off some games at some point in the future.... hahaha
Seriously. It is ridiculous. I wish those type of useless “insiders” threads are banned or only posted by mods so at least we get a logical thread.

Nintendo is also planning BIG things to announce. Am I an insider now?

Mr.Phoenix

Here is what I'm expecting at the next showcase at an absolute minimum.

Spider-Man 2
Wolverine
Resistance Trilogy remastered
Ghost of Tsushima 2
Helldivers 2
New IP from Sony Bend
Bloodborne 2
Firewalk Studios new game
Sony Santa Monica new IP
new Knights of the Old Republic trailer.

And that's just the first party stuff. I also expect:

Dragons Dogma 2
Dino Crisis remake announcement
GTA6
Half-Life Alyx (VR)
Half-Life Orange Box remaster

And a ton of other stuff.

We've waited long enough. It's time for Sony to deliver the showcase for the ages.
Yaay... its lists time of the year again!!!

Hopium season.

Sanepar

I still think sony will never do a showcase anymore. I think they will use sops close to launch. SM2 will have a sop this summer for sure but that is it.

wOs

I was wondering why I hadn't heard his name in awhile with insider info. He no longer has it and resorts to things we already know or assume. RIP insider shinobi.

GHound

"Insiders Tripping Over Themselves Trying to Explain How Plans Change" has become my favorite video game franchise over the last few years. So I might die from laughter if they've only got two games or there is no showcase by August.

kyliethicc

Heisenberg007 Heisenberg007 do you think that Horizon Online is done by the 2nd Guerilla Games Team? I know they hired the Rainbow Six Siege Director like 2-3 years ago and it seemed to me they would do like a competitive shooter or something along those lines. Still waiting to see what that team is cooking, I hope it's not Horizon Online to be honest.
its the Horizon Online game that leaked

Simon Larouche has confirmed it on his linkedin page

Crayon

I think they are still working towards making time between announcements and releases shorter and short. idk what the optimal shortness is but if they aren't there yet, they are on their way. I think enthusiasts really do want to see whats coming up two years out but most consumers are just thinking about what they wil get "next". Like what game they are going to personally buy next and with playing and buying patterns, that might mean in a month or two. We buy 10x as many games as we can play so it's different.

Anyway I think that is going to frustrate some people. I don't mind because I find that, on balance, I do not enjoy pining for a game for long stretches of time. I'd rather hear something like mgs remake is coming a month before I can buy it than 18 months.

There was a rumor going around during the early PS5 days where Jimbo wanted to do just that.

I guess it remains to be seen how that will play out going forward with the true PS5 exclusives

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
They have lots to show.

But my money is still on no showcase. I just think they’re done with them.

They will tweet and blog for the rest of eternity.

Top Bottom