• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your Gaming Setup: 2020 Edition

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
Welcome to the annual NeoGAF "Show us your Gaming Setup" thread. It's that time of year again where we gather our new TVs/consoles/tech toys and start tidying up those rooms. Here you post pictures of your gaming setup, no matter the size of your room or collection. Large or small - all that matters is the passion and love for gaming.

2019: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/show-us-your-gaming-setup-2019-edition.1470448/
2018: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/show-us-your-gaming-setup-2018-edition.1460463/
2017: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/show-us-your-gaming-setup-2017-edition.1329385/

Last edited:

MurfHey

Not much but I remodeled the basement of our house. From bare block wall and concrete floors to this, all alone. Super happy with it!

XsBe5jJ.jpg

Hjh5cTA.jpg

gameroomtheater

Neo Member
Quick game room walk thru - click here

Slowed down a bit in tweaking thinks, latest was moving the family room TV downstairs to replace the small one. We redid the living room, and the old furniture was moved downstairs and into a mini lounging area. Added a digital movie poster from a spare screen I had in the gym. Still looking for a deal on a virtual pinball table, thought of building my own but think I'll just wait for the Arcade1up one for release.

Last edited:

jdforge

Banned
Out of interest does anyone have a wall mount set-up for a Switch dock?

I’d like to have another dock in my bedroom beside my wall mounted TV.

Flyinmunky

My set up has stayed the same for last few years. 120" Screen running a PS4 Pro/ PC (1080ti,2700X) Projector Epson TW5500 (Waiting on a Epson Native 4k laser) and my old trusy Logitechs Z5500

Apologies for poor quality pic. The room is fully light controlled, Matt black paint with Devore material on Ceiling so getting a pic is bit tricky.

Wouldn't change back to a TV even if i was offered a free 65" OLED. Love the immersion of a big screen in a light controlled room.

aBUCG2M.jpg

Last edited:

gameroomtheater

Neo Member
Some fresh pics for some updates over the holidays. Still looking for virtual pinballs, might just wait for the Arcade1up to be available later this year.

Video here: CLICK ME

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
20200125-122243.jpg

Finally got it all setup since I moved and got new monitors!

PC - i7 7700K, GTX 1080
Monitors -
Main monitor is a Asus PG278QE 1440p 165hz TN panel 27"
Left is a Dell U2518D 1440p 60hz IPS panel with HDR 25"

Audio goes via USB to the DAC and then Amp which are Topping D30+A30 respectively.

Headphones are Seinnheiser HD600S and speakers are Audioengine A2s

TN monitor is for gaming, IPS mointor for forums, walkthoughs, Tidal, Plex viewing etc and specifically photo editing

I also have a chromecast audio which is velcroed under the desk and feeds into the D30 via optical in case I want to chill and listen to music without turning on the PC.

Last edited:

Mattyp

Gold Member
Last years, nothing has changed. New house is under construction right now and will have dedicated games room, theatre room, and server room. Which will bring big change and final goals.

Lounge 1, Sammy 75", Xbox X, PS4 Launch, Set of ASTRO A50's for each.

game1.jpg

- Lounge 2, Sony 65" Switch, Wii, Forza One, 360 for non combat titles.
game2.jpg

- PC setup, 7700k, 1080ti Strix, 32gb etc.. Server housed next to it with inhouse networking, security & 54TB running plex streaming to every bedroom and friends houses. (Hard to photograph this space)
game3.jpg

-PC
game4.jpg

-Rack
game5.jpg

trying this again and should delete previous posts.

This poster display idea I'll be shamelessly stealing. I actually managed to salvage some "New Releases" neon signage when our last video shop closed for plans for the theatre room I had in my head years away always thought changing posters underneath would be a pain. Are they framed out in timber or just slimline black mounted? What are you using to feed this just a HDMI stick computer remote controlled? Great setup anyway mate.

My set up has stayed the same for last few years. 120" Screen running a PS4 Pro/ PC (1080ti,2700X) Projector Epson TW5500 (Waiting on a Epson Native 4k laser) and my old trusy Logitechs Z5500

Apologies for poor quality pic. The room is fully light controlled, Matt black paint with Devore material on Ceiling so getting a pic is bit tricky.

Wouldn't change back to a TV even if i was offered a free 65" OLED. Love the immersion of a big screen in a light controlled room.

How are you finding the matt black paint? Did you have this setup pre the paint? Great room.

Last edited:
20200125-122243.jpg

Finally got it all setup since I moved and got new monitors!

PC - i7 7700K, GTX 1080
Monitors -
Main monitor is a Asus PG278QE 1440p 165hz TN panel 27"
Left is a Dell U2518D 1440p 60hz IPS panel with HDR 25"

DAC and Amp are Topping D30+A30 respecively

Headphones are Seinnheiser HD600S and speakers are Audioengine A2s

TN monitor is for gaming, IPS mointor for forums, walkthoughs, Tidal, Plex viewing etc and specifically photo editing

I also have a chromecast audio which is velcroed under the desk and feeds into the D30 via optical in case I want to chill and listen to music without turning on the PC.
Last years, nothing has changed. New house is under construction right now and will have dedicated games room, theatre room, and server room. Which will bring big change and final goals.

Lounge 1, Sammy 75", Xbox X, PS4 Launch, Set of ASTRO A50's for each.

game1.jpg

- Lounge 2, Sony 65" Switch, Wii, Forza One, 360 for non combat titles.
game2.jpg

- PC setup, 7700k, 1080ti Strix, 32gb etc.. Server housed next to it with inhouse networking, security & 54TB running plex streaming to every bedroom and friends houses. (Hard to photograph this space)
game3.jpg

-PC
game4.jpg

-Rack
game5.jpg

This poster display idea I'll be shamelessly stealing. I actually managed to salvage some "New Releases" neon signage when our last video shop closed for plans for the theatre room I had in my head years away always thought changing posters underneath would be a pain. Are they framed out in timber or just slimline black mounted? What are you using to feed this just a HDMI stick computer remote controlled? Great setup anyway mate.

How are you finding the matt black paint? Did you have this setup pre the paint? Great room.
I love (and envy) how effortlessly clean both your setups look. And now I want a 54TB-Server too :messenger_open_mouth:

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
I love (and envy) how effortlessly clean both your setups look. And now I want a 54TB-Server too :messenger_open_mouth:

I think the monitor mounts make a huge difference. It really frees up space on the desk especially when your desk is tiny like mine. I wanted to mount them on teh wall but that wasnt possible so I tried the desk mounts and I think it turned out really great.

Last edited:
I think the monitor mounts make a huge difference. It really frees up space on the desk especially when your desk is tiny like mine. I wanted to mount them on teh wall but that wasnt possible so I tried the desk mounts and I think it turned out really great.
Yeah, I caught them on your shot... this is defintively an option I may steal in the future.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Borrowed ps4 to a friend (should be there right above 360) but other than that the setup is complete finally !
The backlight is very soft and not as aggressive as it looks in photos. Only 1 rgb strip inside pc on top, 1 halos ring and 1 rgb strip glued to the back of the case giving nice backlight. My desk is finally not pitch black! And I am ready for new doom if I switch to red pulsating light :D

Nkr6SKt.jpg

oWTf61A.jpg

riYqsyK.jpg

gameroomtheater

Neo Member

iRsveuD.jpg

Yp5X2m1.gif

qxvOLU1.jpg

syml97s.jpg

iRsveuD.jpg

Yp5X2m1.gif

qxvOLU1.jpg

syml97s.jpg

Thanks, I'm using a spare WIN10 PC on a smart switch to link with the theater. The app is called "Movie Poster App" and will pull latest releases etc from themoviedb.org and cycles new posters every 15 days on its own. The app hasn't been updated in a while and not all plugins work anymore (such as the Kodi plugin to display now playing form the main screen. For that I use Frontview+ which comes up on the main screen, switching one off and then also on the entrance display to show the current playing movie with its respective poster along with playtime remaining. I wanted to continue the batcave black theme so when these are off during serious movie viewing its as if they are not there. They are bezel less digital signage displays.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member

-Rack
game5.jpg

What's that container that you're using to house all of those network components? Our house came with a built-in network closet in the laundry room, but it's on the smaller side and the mounting situation is a mess, so I can't really fit all of the pieces I want to into it. I'm considering having all of our network wiring re-routed to somewhere with a bit more room, either the cabinets above our laundry machine and dryer, or taking over part of what's now a linen closet on the other side of the wall, but I'm looking into ways to organize the gear.

Right now I've got a bunch of Ubiquiti UniFi stuff (2 8-port switches, a USG, a cloud key, and some WAPs) and a Synology NAS, but I only actually have the WAPs and 1 of the switches setup (and my NAS is in my office). I use AT&T and in order to get their fiber you have to use their HUGE modem/router to decrypt the signal (at least it can be setup with IP passthrough so eventually I can use the USG alongside it), so that takes up just about all of the space I have at the moment. I'd also like to get a UPS at some point...

Flyinmunky

Before buying this house my previous place/room for projector was non light controlled white walls etc...
So when i moved in first thing i did was paint the entire room matt black including ceilings which was a great start. Then i read about Devore material which really absorbs light. Made a big difference, especially putting a few feet of it on ceiling in front and round screen. You can see in my pic of the projector unit, i used left over material to cover a stand and window, just how much blacker material is vs the paint. Id do the the entire room if i had the money and time.

Impotaku

I thought about buying one of those mini Pacman cabs. Is it any good?

It's not too bad, but the arcade purists have said the emulation is a little off in the sound & speed department but i haven't noticed it myself but to be fair i don't play it in huge marathon sessions to notice, just an hour here and there.

Top Bottom