• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony 2017 CES Press Conference - 1/4/2017 5PM PST

Now mention Vita

dead2.gif

sector4

Wait, is their X93E the affordable range line?
Not really, at the moment the 93 line is like 3rd from the bottom. It goes X6/7 series, the X8, and then X93. They're pretty expensive for what they are.

The current model is the X93D if you want to see what the range sells at currently. Not to be compared with the X940D as that's a different beast.

Yjynx

So do I buy the X800D now or is this thing gonna be priced similarly?

Oh, hmmmm.

Just wait for more info.

Edit: I doubt it would reach $1999 price tag since we got 3 range of TV here. should be somewhere around the $1000+

Brandson

Hopefully the Sony OLED tv can be mounted to a standard wall mount. It's not clear from the photos shown so far. Z9D will probably still be brighter though, right?

sector4

Fuck, because I remember last year their TVs only started to come out in like May/June ;_;

Yeah it'll take that long for the new models to hit the shelves, same as always. The old models should be getting some pretty deep discounts though as they make way for the new models.

Hopefully the Sony OLED tv can be mounted to a standard wall mount. It's not clear from the photos shown so far. Z9D will probably still be brighter though, right?
Most likely given the nature of the tech, but we won't know for sure until it gets into reviewers hands.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
During the q and a they mentioned using a sound bar when wall mounting it.

Just curious -- why is everyone so excited about OLED and HDR 4k TVs instead of VR units?

I find gaming on a TV to be much more conducive to my lifestyle. I think VR might be one of those things that I never get into as a result of not wanting to totally check out of the world when I have people around me I don't want to totally ignore.

EvB

Yeah, as the Z9D is LCD. I'd expect the OLED panel in the Sony TV to be the same as one of the LG ones so to be similarly specced for nit output

VICI0US

really not a fan of the 'kickstand' design

also can't help but feel that since the panels are being supplied by LG there's going to be markup involved. same picture quality for more money. I'd love to be surprise otherwise though.

Top Bottom