• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony 2017 CES Press Conference - 1/4/2017 5PM PST

The most likely gaming related stuff we'll get out of Sony at CES is Kaz boasting about PS4 sales numbers. Even that isn't really a sure-fire thing.

McDougles

Ah yeah, time for some 4k camcorders, TVs, and disappointment from people who don't understand what a consumer electronics show is really about!

Didn't Kaz mention the Fake!Kaz twitter account at the last one?

Edit - lol, yup.

FQNHGmT.png

Kyoufu

There won't be any video game stuff in their CES conference. Expect TVs, cameras etc.

Looking forward to their new OLED TV unveiling.

labaronx

There won't be any video game stuff in their CES conference. Expect TVs, cameras etc.

Looking forward to their new OLED TV unveiling.

This a rumored oled 4k tv and possible new tablet and walkman mp3... the h.ear headphones they showed last year are quite impressive and were generally well received so an expansion on those are welcome too

Luke_Wal

Are most of the conferences tomorrow? As someone who sells TVs (Sony, specifically) for a living, this actually is really relevant to me.

I hope they reveal a nice 32-43 inch 4K HDR TV with low input lag for up to 1000€. I'd grab one this year if that's the case.

OK so what is everyone expecting to see? They will probably talk about new TVs, cameras and devices. Im totally expecting Detroit and Spiderman to be shown along with horizon and a demo for Days Gone available right after the show. Then Sony shows their new 75 inch 4K television and it just has a giant kratos on it that screams "BUY ME NOW". Turns out you buy it that day, you get a free copy of God Of War one year in advance. Crowd goes wild! Then a video is shown with their new cameras, but who is using it?? None other then Sir Daniel from MediEvil! He throws the camera and ends up hitting.....MARIO?!?!?!? That's right, Nintendo X Sony Battle Royale is real and its coming in hot, 2018 release. Teaser ends with a whipping sound, Simon Belmont is revealed and konami characters are in (except snake, cant get to crazy there). Then, the show ends with a familiar tune. You slightly know it but you cant quite get it. Turns out....Its a new wild arms, releasing fall 2017 for PS4 and will be the ultimate western experience.

anddo0

Get ready for TV, TV, TV, 4K movies, TV, TV.

Fine with me... Been waiting on CES before getting a new TV.. Gotta see what Sony brings to the table with OLED.

This a rumored oled 4k tv and possible new tablet and walkman mp3... the h.ear headphones they showed last year are quite impressive and were generally well received so an expansion on those are welcome too

The Sony MDR-1000x are amazing as well. I'm kinda hoping they don't announce anything headphone wise, lol.

Bsigg12

Incoming HDR 4K super close form factor wall projector that's $20k.

I honestly wouldn't surprised if they bring an 8K screen to the stage. I want to say LG did that last year as a proof of concept during their conference.

BigEmil

Doubt there would be much or if at all anything gaming related but it's always cool to see new tech may watch if I'm free while I munch and chill. Mainly interested in their TV's.

RedAssedApe

Banned
yeah this thread probably should'nt be on gaming side haha...but let us dream that they will drop some "wow" trailer for like FFVII remake or ps4 firmware to enable os level super sampling for pro users

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Incoming HDR 4K super close form factor wall projector that's $20k.

I honestly wouldn't surprised if they bring an 8K screen to the stage. I want to say LG did that last year as a proof of concept during their conference.

If they could get one of those short throw projectors down to a semi reasonable but still expensive price I might bite.

Every year, people mention there might be something at CES and every year, there is nothing from 1st party and very few of 3rd parties show something new related. It is NOT a gaming convention, it is a Tech one. Stop hoping for 1st parties to unveil anything there.

Top Bottom