• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam curator warns players if Sweet Baby is involved in a game

Nickolaidas

You would have to play God of War (for example) and then the sequel. Then see what the boss of SBI said about blackmailing companies to get hired to sensitivity read and develop characters to get an idea of the influence. It gives you concerns as a customer.

Then when one of their senior staff went for the Brazilian lad - essentially salivating at the thought of getting him locked out of hundreds of pounds of games he had bought - you think ‘hmmm - maybe he’s on to something’.
The irony is that I don't think he ever expected his page to blow up like it did. He just wanted to do this to help a dozen of people who noticed what he noticed and that's that. And before he knew, he started a 'movement' and almost became a martyr. Not too shabby, if you ask me.

Toots

Gold Member
I consider Blaire White a transwoman. She did the work (and then some) and looks, acts, behaves like a real woman. Dylan Mulvaney is not a transwoman - he's a man who pretends to be a woman to have his 15 minutes of fame and mocks womanhood. I cannot say that on the discord now (if the conversation ever needs to go there) because it can get me banned. THAT's my problem.
That's extremely stupid.
The right to be true to oneself depending on a random genetic sequence that produces beings who cut the light a certain way, which you fancy.
Let's push this logic further, do really ugly man looking biological women should be treated as men ?

Im well aware of the politics and grift going around the LG+ communities but this stance is pretty dumb.

Here's my problem:

You don't need to say 'no transphobia / homophobia', when you can say 'no harassment and do not insult each other'. The latter makes the discord member / visitor realize that you cannot openly mock and insult another person for whatever reason. ANY person. Because transphobia IS harassment. When you say 'no transphobia or homophobia', you can be interpreted as one of the people who treat trans people and gay people like sacred cows. It is unnecessarily specific and treats those groups as higher than others.

Same goes for the 'no anti-islamic / anti-semitic comments'. Just say 'do not mock the religious beliefs of other members'. I mean, what, is it ok to mock Buddhists? Or Christians? Or modern worshippers of the Dodekatheon? Why make it sound like Islam is above the other religions while you can word your rules in a way that doesn't treat specific religions as 'okay to be mocked'?

I wouldn't be surprised if they update their roles in a day or two to say 'no misgendering', a term that, like transphobia, has been grossly overused to the point that if George wears a wig and demands me to treat him like a woman (pronouns and all) and I tell him 'it takes more than a wig and some lipstick to become a woman, George', I can now be banned because that now somehow makes me a transphobe.

I consider Blaire White a transwoman. She did the work (and then some) and looks, acts, behaves like a real woman. Dylan Mulvaney is not a transwoman - he's a man who pretends to be a woman to have his 15 minutes of fame and mocks womanhood. I cannot say that on the discord now (if the conversation ever needs to go there) because it can get me banned. THAT's my problem.

Lmao wow. Stop involving yourself in trans discussions. You're clearly not capable.

Jaybe

OverHeat OverHeat - you’re back! Let’s finally get your opinion on this 🤣

uzRsVY8.jpg

OverHeat

« generous god »
OverHeat OverHeat - you’re back! Let’s finally get your opinion on this 🤣

uzRsVY8.jpg
This was fun check a little further in the thread. 😂😂😂 basically I said that people are too sensitive in this day and age…and some one replied some bullshit so I said your assuming what I’m thinking next your gonna assume my gender 😂😂😂
Reeee is the worst forum of the internet

Last edited:
You would have to play God of War (for example) and then the sequel. Then see what the boss of SBI said about blackmailing companies to get hired to sensitivity read and develop characters to get an idea of the influence. It gives you concerns as a customer.

Then when one of their senior staff went for the Brazilian lad - essentially salivating at the thought of getting him locked out of hundreds of pounds of games he had bought - clearly so used to just attacking anyone who disagrees and easily getting them cancelled - you think ‘hmmm - maybe he’s on to something’. Maybe the worm has turned!

I hate cancelling culture. Why liberals use such a fascist method to destroy their opponents is beyond me. Goddamn Stalinists.

ssringo

I don't think it's a mod. You can have the characters run around naked by default in that game if you choose to.
It looks like Laezel's underwear but edited to be sexier. Or could be completely new. Body mods don't care if there's nudity by default. They'll be made to give more/less curves or bigger/smaller T&A.

It could be default stuff. I haven't played it in a while. Don't remember that kind of underwear or Shart looking that good though.

Edit: actually it does seem to be default. Had to look up an all underwear video but yeah, it's in there from a late game area.

Last edited:

Toons

It looks from all objective angles like this company is virtually a non entity and barely has any real influence, and the games their games are attached to have been largely well recieved and good sellers so I see no need to be outraged in their direction until that changes.

DeaDPo0L84

This was fun check a little further in the thread. 😂😂😂 basically I said that people are too sensitive in this day and age…and some one replied some bullshit so I said your assuming what I’m thinking next your gonna assume my gender 😂😂😂
Reeee is the worst forum of the internet
How was your 3 day break from the internet?

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
It looks from all objective angles like this company is virtually a non entity and barely has any real influence, and the games their games are attached to have been largely well recieved and good sellers so I see no need to be outraged in their direction until that changes.
Such a non entity that they rallied nearly every single “journo” to lie, obfuscate their harassment, and dismiss their historical racism. Truly nothing to be concerned out.

Nothing To See Here GIF by Giphy QA

As for the quality of the it games, as can be seen here and elsewhere, they are a very mixed bag with the biggest criticism being the narratives. Who helped work on those again?

Last edited:

Interfectum

This company is a symptom of a much greater issue in the gaming industry. You have them and like minded developers putting their identity bullshit in every game they can. You have ex-employees from said company outright bragging ON VIDEO about how she doesn't hire white people and you have like minded journalists tripping over themselves to defend this whole mess. SBI is the first termite you find in your house and when you investigate further you see a complete infestation.

DeaDPo0L84

Maybe a subjective angle, cause objectively every angle looks a company filled with people who literally hate white people and have a strong ideolog they'd like to force onto everyone and will do everything in their power to ensure companies get in line through pure pressure to instill it in as many games moving forward.

Toons

This company is a symptom of a much greater issue in the gaming industry. You have them and like minded developers putting their identity bullshit in every game they can. You have ex-employees from said company outright bragging ON VIDEO about how she doesn't hire white people and you have like minded journalists tripping over themselves to defend this whole mess. SBI is the first termite you find in your house and when you investigate further you see a complete infestation.

I thought that lady worked at EA, as a grunt? What does she have to do with SBI? What she said was indefensible, no doubt but attaching that arbitrarily to every individual who cares about diverse representation in games isn't in good faith.

Identity themes are a trend that is popular, (read: controversial)and sometimes its implemented poorly but I dont dismiss it all as BS at all. I think we're in a period of gaming that is rough but can be a vehicle for good things in the industry instead of one that was at certain times closed off to a lot of people.

if you are willing to villify any and all considerations of diversity in media, then yes thats gonna be a problem for you. But if you're like me and more open to it, withstanding what theres still enjoyable games coming out, then no I wouldn't say i necessarily agree. I see SBI mentioned a lot more as a pseudo buzzword to dismiss any actual discussion on an ideological, than a vehicle for legitimate criticism. And thats just as bad as what they're allegedly doing.

I know my take isn't the "popular" one here, but I think it'll age well.

Last edited:
I was trying to find an example as to when this may have started. I remember the PC Gamer Kingdom Come Deliverance Review and I swear that the first half was just moaning about representation of diversity in the Middle Ages. Now, one can imagine that the Developer was told they needed to hire one of these companies - didn’t - and that was the punishment levied by a friendly journo.

Weirdly when I check the online review for that now on PC Gamer, it is actually pretty normal - so I am not sure what happened to the print one.

Aha - sorry PC Gamer - it was Eurogamer:

A real hatchet job - with only a half focus on the game.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
I was trying to find an example as to when this may have started. I remember the PC Gamer Kingdom Come Deliverance Review (print) and I swear that the first half was just moaning about representation of diversity in the Middle Ages. Now, one can imagine that the Developer was told they needed to hire one of these companies - didn’t - and that was the punishment levied by a friendly journo.

Weirdly when I check the online review for that now on PC Gamer, it is actually pretty normal - so I am not sure what happened to the print one.
Arthur Gies for Witcher 3 was when I thought this shit it stupid. As its explained both in lore and in the cultural identify of the studio's home country.

I0DkxK9.jpg

laynelane

I thought that lady worked at EA, as a grunt? What does she have to do with SBI? What she said was indefensible, no doubt but attaching that arbitrarily to every individual who cares about diverse representation in games isn't in good faith.

Identity themes are a trend that is popular, (read: controversial)and sometimes its implemented poorly but I dont dismiss it all as BS at all. I think we're in a period of gaming that is rough but can be a vehicle for good things in the industry instead of one that was at certain times closed off to a lot of people.

if you are willing to villify any and all considerations of diversity in media, then yes thats gonna be a problem for you. But if you're like me and more open to it, withstanding what theres still enjoyable games coming out, then no I wouldn't say i necessarily agree. I see SBI mentioned a lot more as a pseudo buzzword to dismiss any actual discussion on an ideological, than a vehicle for legitimate criticism. And thats just as bad as what they're allegedly doing.

This isn't really about diversity in gaming. There's been diversity in gaming since its inception. You don't seem to be open to looking at the particular issues surrounding SBI and its ilk and why they are involved in games to begin with. Disagreement with their role and their actions does not equal vilifying diversity. That's the exact same argument they, people like them, and the media used to try to shut down the curator and ban its creator.

She is an ex-SBI.

It's always implemented poorly.

- Games/movies/books were already "diverse". There was no problem at all. I won't bore you with hundreds of examples from half a century ago.

- External companies without relevant writing experience influence actual writers, reigning in their creative freedom, and spoiling what could have been a good narrative. Forced diversity and good storytelling don't mix well together.

- "Diversity" comes with strict rules for stories: "minorities" can only fit in certain roles, men/women can only behave in a certain way, etc. As a result, stories are NOT diverse, because they are restrained by those rules. They are always boring and predictable.

We can't be open to bullies. There was never a discussion in good faith from their side, so it's extremely disingenuous (or in bad faith) to burden players with the responsibility of being open when we have been stomped on by the brute force of ALL the legacy media and public powers. That ship sailed long ago.

Yet this virtue signaling weirdo wouldn't say shite if it was a trans woman or a gay man soliciting themselves. In fact he would propably be celebrating how BRAVE and STUNNING they are for being who they want to be. What a fucking moron trying to look woke and appease other morons like himself. It’s crazy to think there are many others just like him who think and say the exact same shite, Gaming needs to be purged of these weirdos and hopefully become fun entertainment like it used to be. One can hope.

Last edited:

laynelane

I remember seeing Astarion in something similar on YT. Looking around I found the linked Reddit post, the outfit for sale on a cosplay site, and info. that this is an underwear costume for male and female characters. It's called "strappy underwear" from what I could tell.

It's difficult to tell if the person who made that tweet sincerely believes they have the right to impose their puritanical views about women on everyone else or if they're just looking to score virtue points. Either one is detestable.

violence

Arthur Gies for Witcher 3 was when I thought this shit it stupid. As its explained both in lore and in the cultural identify of the studio's home country.

I0DkxK9.jpg
I think he even had an exchange with someone from CD project red over Twitter about it. I think they gave him a reason why it didn’t make sense and told him to take a walk.

I kind of wouldn’t mind reading Arthur Gies comments on current events, but he says he’s not going to comment on social media. 🐔

Last edited:

Toons

She is an ex-SBI.

It's always implemented poorly.

- Games/movies/books were already "diverse". There was no problem at all. I won't bore you with hundreds of examples from half a century ago.

Haha, no. They weren't. But just by you saying "there was no problem" I can tell were not gonna reach an agreement on this.

- External companies without relevant writing experience influence actual writers, reigning in their creative freedom, and spoiling what could have been a good narrative. Forced diversity and good storytelling don't mix well together.

External companies have always influenced storyline and gaming. Thats actually always been happening, most of these game developers are owned by major corporations..

"Forced" diversity and "natural" diversity both get pushback these days, so the line between which is which is blurred. For example I dont feel TLOU2 has forced diversity, although it is more diverse than most games. I dont feel street fighter is forced diversity even tho they've made a point to have their characters come from diverse backgrounds for a long time.

- "Diversity" comes with strict rules for stories: "minorities" can only fit in certain roles, men/women can only behave in a certain way, etc. As a result, stories are NOT diverse, because they are restrained by those rules. They are always boring and predictable.

Thats a pretty weak generalization. Roles and archetypes existed before any diversity push, that has been the case regardless of the actual cast of characters. Its even worse with video games; and honestly a legitimate e critique of the medium. I wouldn't attach that issue to the topic of diversity in games because it's an issue present without the other.

We can't be open to bullies. There was never a discussion in good faith from their side, so it's extremely disingenuous (or in bad faith) to burden players with the responsibility of being open when we have been stomped on by the brute force of ALL the legacy media and public powers. That ship sailed long ago.

Again, I'm not well read on SBI, It doesnt seem like their practices are ethical or professional; and that ex employee is 100% an idiot. Im on the side of anyone willing to criticize them for those things (including the guy who started this list, he seems to have a head on his shoulders and not to simply be an ideologue, given he doesn't want his discord to become a hateful platform and thats a good step)

Aenima

She used to work for SBI. It just shows what kind of mentality runs in that company. Is that really the company you want writing or giving consultation to your games?

Top Bottom