• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The All-Star Break is over! The NEW MLB Thread - This half we get stickied for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe

suprisingly enough the angels were interested in heredia, but nothing worked out. cashman is creative enough to at least get something going. if they dont, im sure he'll be released.

im getting flashbacks of juan acevedo and antonio osuna...now THAT was scary.

Joe said:
suprisingly enough the angels were interested in heredia, but nothing worked out. cashman is creative enough to at least get something going. if they dont, im sure he'll be released.

im getting flashbacks of juan acevedo and antonio osuna...now THAT was scary.

the problem is, heredia DOESNT want to quit. i got afeeling one of these guys is gonna have a "trip" to the D.L soon enough. and why is john olerud getting handed the first basemen's job without having played an inning? hasnt tony clark done enough?

Fifty said:
Why exactly is it that Steinbrenner wants his players to look like little boys?

because he's a pedo. Why else do you think he gave his little altar boy Jeter $17 million a year? Can you say "hush money"?

siege

Banned
Another monster game for Travis Hafner. This guy seems to have one every few weeks.

He's now hitting .326 with 21 hr's and 86 rbi. Has a slugging percentage of .594 and an OBP of .415 - too bad his team sucks or he could make a case for AL MVP this year.

Joe

Fifty said:
Why exactly is it that Steinbrenner wants his players to look like little boys?

its part dress code but its mostly to make no one bigger than the team. it keeps everyone uniform and no one sticks out. its the same reason why they dont have names on the back of the jerseys.

rc213

Cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooora!

Damn 2-1 game going into the 8th. Bullpen better keep the score where it is because we have a chance at adding a whole game to the leads on the Padres/Giants.

Mrbob

WALLLKERR! Nomar sparks a four run inning! CUBS!!!!!!!11111111111111 We need more runs though lol. This IS coors field.

rc213

spt_gagne.jpg

Gagne` Bitchezzzz!

LIMA Time with his 10th win! DAMN Giants & Padres makin comebacks!

Joe

i think some of you will appreciate this quote at the bottom of espn's recap from tonights a's/yankees game...
Harden allowed four runs on 10 hits in 6 1/3 innings and was in line for his second win against the Yankees this season until Dotel blew it.

J2 Cool

Man, Nomar and the Cubbies are frickin insane. Seeing this lineup go through the order is like poetry in motion. You got Corey getting on base with walks, bunts, hits, and still has a load of power to scare teams with. Then when he gets on base he has so much speed and behind him Nomar, Alou, Sosa. All playmakers right there who do great things.

During one inning meanwhile tonight Patterson got on with a bunt, stole 2nd, got to 3rd on a sac fly, and home on a wild pitch. The fact that Alou takes a lot of pitches as well as Nomar really allows Corey to steal those bases. I seen Nomar take a pitch the other game, a strike 2, to get Corey on 2nd who got on with a no throw. Then with a hit brings him home. That's the threat of him at the top of the lineup. Dusty really made a smart lineup here.

Oh, and I cant say enough about Aramis Ramirez. As great as the beginning of the lineup is it gets better. Sosa still has amazing power and is something major for a pitcher to consider but following him is a guy who I'd say is our mvp. Aramis is hitting .330 almost with 23 homers. He's always getting the big hits too. Always is rising to the occasion when the scoring oppurtunities show themselves. Really allows that top of the lineup and the runs they score to continue. Its like falling dominos. His fielding is greatly improved also.

Then following that are Lee, Walker/Grudzielanek, and Barret who are all contributing every game. Couldnt ask for better guys in the 6, 7, 8 spot. No weaknesses in this lineup at all.

Anyway, with that offense like it is you still need pitching. Couldnt find a rotation to feel more secure with either. Score runs and chances are you'll win. Im really hoping Prior and Wood come back to form though. Both having been injured they're not quite at their sharpest. It would be really great if Prior could throw a shutout or a complete game just to show he can still reach back and get to that level this year. But hey, that's a luxury right there. I really cant complain with any facet of this team save the bullpen. Farnsworth under any tiny bit of pressure = falling glass.

Mrbob

Wood has shown signs of life since coming back on the DL. He has had one bad outing against the Brewers with four other dominant outings. I'd consider the Colorodo outing a dominant outing. Sometimes pitchers take an inning or so to get back to form. After that first inning he shut down the rockies the rest of the game. His stuff was nasty.

Prior does worry me a bit though. I think he has a tiny mental block with his arm thinking it is hurt. Combine that with his recovering achilles and I think he isn't mentally back to form yet. It seems like he holds back a little bit yet, worried he will injure himself. Hopefully a couple more outings and he'll be fine. Maybe today in Coors we will see something.

Yankees are doing ok now. But once the playoffs start they are screwed. They don't have top tier pitching and they'll face top tier pitching in the postseason. Which means they won't be scoring nearly as many runs as they do now.

Woody wasn't even that bad in the game against Milwaukee. He just made a couple of mistakes to a few weak hitters (Hall and the pitcher), but his stuff was still dominant; I think he had 10 Ks with only 2 BBs. My only worry right now is Prior pitching like he did in Philly and the bullpen.

its part dress code but its mostly to make no one bigger than the team. it keeps everyone uniform and no one sticks out. its the same reason why they dont have names on the back of the jerseys...

...and they all get paid the same? :)

I think Steinbrenner just likes to display his machismo by emasculating his little wage-slaves. :)

Truthfully, it's probably something to do with making the Yankees different from all other "baseball teams."

Rodriguez

D-Backs trade 2B Roberto Alomar to White Sox for a player to be named and cash considerations.

Damn, Brownie is dealing today. And another big hit for Olerud.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Haha, we got Roberto and Everett again. Just like last year. Another nice move by Williams, as we have by FAR the most solo home runs in all of baseball. May be too little too late though.

J2 Cool

haha, inside the parker for Rockies with 2 outs in the 9th prevents them from being shutout in a combined pitching effort. Sosa looked like a little league outfielder on that, lol. Oh well, Prior showed me a lot out there. He threw a gem and the bullpen went real smooth with Rusch in there. I think him and Dempster could really add a lot being they were both starters and have real strong arms to put some innings in with. Rusch especially as he was a savior of ours when Prior and Wood were down.

Ninja Scooter said:
because he's a pedo. Why else do you think he gave his little altar boy Jeter $17 million a year? Can you say "hush money"?

that's it, baby steps towards completestupidity and brain death. i know you can do it. on another subject, i dont know what happened to zito but the guy doesnt have anymore... or maybe he's just having a bad year. either way, you gotta wonder what the A's will do with if/when they reach the playoffs. where is that loudmouth Thaedolus anyway. talking about how we cant handle the heat.....

rc213

YEAH! 5 Home Runs in a 8-3 Win. Weaver with a strong 7 innnings plus a nice Major League debut for Yhency Brazoban from our bullpen.

Meier

Jayson Werth is like an outfield version of Jose Hernandez -- strikes out once every 3 at-bats haha. Kid can hit but he really has to work on that.

"The five homers by the Dodgers were one more than the Pirates have hit in their last 13 games combined."

Poor Pirates.. they know how the Dodgers felt last year. We've totally blown by last year's total for HR's and there's 55 games left. Amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom