• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Ashes 2015 |OT| Three Mitchells v Three Lions

Status
Not open for further replies.

elfinke

Gosh Anderson is class when he is on the boil. I think I wrote those words once before...

Swing in both directions by Broad and Anderson, it's a pleasure to watch. Already the English opening bowlers have put together a more menacing series of deliveries than most of what the Aussie quicks managed in ~90 overs. This is great!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Gosh Anderson is class when he is on the boil. I think I wrote those words once before...

Swing in both directions by Broad and Anderson, it's a pleasure to watch. Already the English opening bowlers have put together a more menacing series of deliveries than most of what the Aussie quicks managed in ~90 overs. This is great!

Nah this is unfair to hazlewood. Bowled really well yesterday with no support from the other end.

yeah that is what DRS is for, take note BCCI.

watching live, I thought he could be in trouble, especially considering Kumar was pretty quick to give the finger and all the Poms were up.

Antiwhippy

Weird thing is I'd say that the english has been bowling really well so far. Yet it still seems fairly easy going in once you've negotiated the swing.

Antiwhippy

I really should have known better. I keep on doing it too! :( Every player I say aren't doing well always end up doing something soon afterwards.

elfinke

Can't argue with that catch. Davie never looked comfortable, though he hasn't really been getting many easy deliveries, either. That was a half-arsed drive, for sure, sucked in by good steady bowling.

Browny

Banned
I really should have known better. I keep on doing it too! :(
The Beeb website just posted this:

_84173495_warner.png

Edit: Smith next? This will be very interesting...

I had a bet with my mate at work for a beer tomorrow at the pub on when will the commentator first mention Wood reminds them of Simon Jones.

I said within two overs.

but it was in the fourth!

haha, Mark Nicholas calling Rogers an anchor type opener like Langer, using the pace of the bowler.

Maybe that was the term of opener I was thinking of instead of "calm" a few pages back.

Smith has activated

Well its pretty obvious the gameplan from Smith - see off Broad and Anderson, attack the rest of the attack so that Broad and Anderson get overused.

Its a five test series, which is a lot for two bowlers to carry an attack. Another Englishman needs to step up. Is it going to be Stokes?

Smith looking relaxed now. A great quote from someone on cricinfo about Smith

This is not to suggest that Steven Smith needs protection from the new ball. It is merely a fact that all batsmen are more vulnerable when the ball is new. Two years ago Smith seemed to be regarded as a technical quirkfest of largely scientific interest, and a symptom of Australian decline. He now appears on an immovable course to being one of the finest and most influential cricketers of his era, blessed with prodigious hands, granite will and an other-worldly assurance. He might not have pulled up many trees in his early years in Tests. Now he is deforesting international cricket like an unlicensed Amazonian logging company. He is absolutely crucial in this series.

Smith looking relaxed now. A great quote from someone on cricinfo about Smith

great quote.

only thing that is missing is that his eye is so good, hence why he can score runs with his technique.

You only need to go back to the old 2013 England Ashes thread and I was touting him as the Australian KP. KP had awesome hand-eye coordination and was able to flourish with an unorthodox technique, Smitty reminds me of KP.

The biggest change to his game is his patience. He is prepared to leave anything not in his hitting zone and force the bowler to change his line and length.

I love him, I wanna boof him! (12th man reference, not that theres anything wrong with that).

ANTI JINX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom