• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes |OT| Purple Link just didn't stay fresh enough.

Dad

Had a blast on the final boss with you guys. I can't wait for the countless Don't Pop Balloon challenges

Kojaq

The amount of lag is killing this game for me, neat idea and when I get a non lagging experience its brilliant. Just who's terrible idea was it to make it region lock. I am playing with people from Europe when I'm in Australia.

The emotes were alright the first time through these levels. They were kind of cute. But doing these challenges with people who aren't on point is a lesson in tedium.

Richie

It is so, so cool when you and random strangers totally -click-. It makes me wish there was a way to add people to a friends' list from the lobby.

There was one game where the third Link either left their 3DS unattended or trolled us to the max, because they weren't moving when we needed them the most. In a final boss battle, in the Woodlands. They had the arrows, me and the other Link had bombs. What was awesome is that we didn't even end up needing him. I totem'd the other Link and we calculated when the bomb was about to explode to kill the enemy with no help of the arrows' Link whatsoever. Damn, that felt awesome.

KingBroly

Banned
So I decided to check single player and see why it was hated so much...

wow...

I am completely shocked by this single player. It's basically unplayable. You have to control each Link individually. There are no formations or AI or path-finding or directions to give. They're just there. I know people say we shouldn't call developers lazy, but I can't find a better description than that for this. It's barely playable. I can't imagine bosses working much at all. What were they thinking?

Disgraceful and insulting.

Dad

wow...

I am completely shocked by this single player. It's basically unplayable. You have to control each Link individually. There are no formations or AI or path-finding or directions to give. They're just there. I know people say we shouldn't call developers lazy, but I can't find a better description than that for this. It's barely playable. I can't imagine bosses working much at all. What were they thinking?

There's an interview on Miiverse where the Shikata straight up admits that the only reason the singleplayer exists is because Aonuma said it has to be there, so they just tacked it on as an afterthought

Durock

Anyone else been getting the "An error has occurred" message and then gets disconnected? Would that mean it's my connection or could it apply to any one?

JonnyKong

I'm starting to feel like I must be some kind of alien for not actually minding the single player side of it. Only time it has really frustrated me so far is that boss fight on the mine level in the volcano. Just impossible to do on your own.

Schlomo

I think most levels are fine in single player. Just a few really annoying ones. And of course playing with 3 players is infinitely more fun.

TheMoon

I just noticed the game counts your progress in single player and multiplayer separately so in order to truly 100% the game you have to do all of the challenges in single player D:

Yup and those limited time challenges will be everyone's demise.

TheMoon

wow...

And yet it is perfectly playable once you realize how to properly play it. You can carry the totem and spam items from the top player, for example. That's a perfectly fine way to get around a lot of the time and switching is fast.

I'm starting to feel like I must be some kind of alien for not actually minding the single player side of it. Only time it has really frustrated me so far is that boss fight on the mine level in the volcano. Just impossible to do on your own.

The single player is completely fine. Just requires different thinking and execution than multiplayer. Makes it worth playing on its own actually.

Where is the spreadsheet?

In the OP.

Kinsei

Banned
It is now 6 AM. I accidentally spent all night doing the Woodlands challenges with randoms and didn't even notice. How do you get the leaf that's required for the cactus outfit? It says it's in the Woodlands but I never saw it.

The second volcano level? Yeah, that was tough solo.

Yup and those limited time challenges will be everyone's demise.

Regular limited time challenges don't seem like they'll be too bad with the Cheetah Suit. I think it will be the limited time orb challenges that will make getting 100% infuriating.

Top Bottom