• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes |OT| Purple Link just didn't stay fresh enough.

TheMoon

Regular limited time challenges don;t seem like they'll be tood bad with the Cheetah Suit. I think it will be the limited time orb challenges that will make getting 100% infuriating.

Oh right, if you're faster with a suit that makes it more doable.

It is now 6 AM. I accidentally spent all night doing the Woodlands challenges with randoms and didn't even notice. How do you get the leaf that's required for the cactus outfit? It says it's in the Woodlands but I never saw it.

You need to win on the Woodland map in the PvP mode. If you win then there's a chance you will get the special item. Each map has one of these items which can't be gained elsewhere.

I love the game. I thought online with people you don't know won't be fun and would be a real chore (even if in the demo it was ok) but it's soooo fun ^^

Actually cannot speak or chat makes the game to be very special and I feel like I'm more satisfied when I manage to solve some puzzles knowing there's this. It also helps feeling as a real team too. And just as another bonus it makes the language barrier non existant.

Seriously I was convinced by the demo and thought I would enjoy the game because I'm a fan of Zelda franchise but when I try to be objective and just note the goods a lot of people could agree with it's really a good game.
Solo only may be the point that discourage some people to buy it and I kind of agree here but just so you know again I planned to play mostly on solo (I always say I don't like online with people I don't know) but like with Splatoon, not having boring music, insults or anything unrelated to your gaming session is awesome. It's like doing this is forcing people to be educated and focus on playing the game (I still had one person who was doing random things but it was easy to exit and launch another session).

If the demo is still here people on the fence should try it. Again limited solo vs. price may be the thing that makes you decide yes or no... just remember that Nintendo games don't often go on sale (and with an online game it's more risky to wait imo).

Back to more sessions before reading the thread and see some nice things I may have missed in some levels or some that I have to play because their puzzles are very good.

PS: nice OT :)

XaosWolf

Where next?

EDIT: Any EU people wana join us? Need one more!

EDIT 2: JESUS DAMN WILL YOU MOVE DOWN SO I DON'T HIT THE WRONG OPTION. (Bloody menu animation)
Ugh. Room up again. Though maybe best if someone else makes it so that can stop happening. =P

llaannccee

Where next?

EDIT: Any EU people wana join us? Need one more!

EDIT 2: JESUS DAMN WILL YOU MOVE DOWN SO I DON'T HIT THE WRONG OPTION. (Bloody menu animation)
Ugh. Room up again. Though maybe best if someone else makes it so that can stop happening. =P

Just made a room if you want to play.

sphinx

the piano man
probably not needed but this being nintendo, I'd rather be safe than sorry.

does this game support local cross-region multiplayer?

my 3DS and game will be EU/PAL and my friend's is NA/NTSC...

I don't think it does. Pretty sure you'd need the same region.

sorry for the late reply.

are you absolutely sure of this?? I will open a thread if this is true. Insane.

Zero_IYAD

Chase, my bad..
You can find the
lady's outfit & the cursed one when you play online.
Tho they don't appear with your other clothes when you visit the clothes shop.

Chase17

Chase, my bad..
You can find the
lady's outfit & the cursed one when you play online.
Tho they don't appear with your other clothes when you visit the clothes shop.

That's good news! It would have been odd if they didn't have that option.

Some challenges with dopples are inferiating like half energy on the level with 3 water rods. I assume it'd be easier if I came back with the outfit that gives more energy but I awkwardly flailed though it. What does the skip button do I'm too afraid to hit it and mess something up.

Online is way better, but if I need a specific material I'd rather just grind it out with dopples the try and drag people to the same stage over and over.

Also I really should play with GAF more :X randoms have been a lot of fun and I've yet to have a really bad player.

Has anyone completed the Cove of Transition (うつろいの入り江) time attack? Am I overlooking something or is it just that hard?

RaidenZR

Has anyone completed the Cove of Transition (うつろいの入り江) time attack? Am I overlooking something or is it just that hard?

I did it last night with randoms. We were all equally determined.

Was definitely a challenge, but doable in 3-5 tries.

TheMoon

Online is way better, but if I need a specific material I'd rather just grind it out with dopples the try and drag people to the same stage over and over.

Play in the coliseum. Matches go by quick. Way easier to farm materials unless you get matched with someone who just crushes you constantly, of course.

Cove of Transition is one of the harder levels in the game mostly due to all the stupid rushing water -.-

Play in the coliseum. Matches go by quick. Way easier to farm materials unless you get matched with someone who just crushes you constantly, of course.

Oh you can get materials in the coliseum? I hadn't even tried how's it work?

TheMoon

Oh you can get materials in the coliseum? I hadn't even tried how's it work?

Not just can but also have to. There are certain materials that you can only get in the coliseum. The bad thing is that you have to place first in order to get a material reward and not just a few rupees.

Not just can but also have to. There are certain materials that you can only get in the coliseum. The bad thing is that you have to place first in order to get a material reward and not just a few rupees.

From what I've heard, you can also get them by completing all the area challenges then talk to the king.

Top Bottom