• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes |OT| Purple Link just didn't stay fresh enough.

Jackano

OK my first impressions here after 4 days of playing, and where I was only able to complete the first 3 worlds (without challenges):

People asked for more difficult Zelda, you got it guys. Not sure it was the way you were all thinking though :)
3 guys means virtually having to figure out puzzles 3 times over, and shared 10 hearts are unforgiving. The puzzles themselves are great.

However the game have other flaws. I think this is kinda the same as for Spirit Tracks, the overall realization is lacking. And the online first. Because it is so important is this game, it is a major flaw.
Yeah there is lag of course, but also those guys who quit the party if the level they wanted isn't picked up. The grinding part is too basic. Would have been much clever if levels were hiding chests with materials inside. Also I have the feeling some guys (the ones who beat the shit out of me in battle mode) rush the boss only and get kick-ass costumes.
And overall the balance is wrong. Come on one bomb in your totem and you get 3 hearts. Maybe 12 hearts would have been better. One that heart costume add 2 or 3 instead of one. Or better, each player add his hearts to the main pool, depending of how much boss he beat.

tldr; Good I think for a spin-off, but realization is broken. Can use update patchs and quickly.

Do all challenges have the, "Mess up once, it's all over", rules and you have to restart from level 1 everytime? Cause that sounds like hell incarnate if you're trying to 100% both offline/online.

Do all challenges have the, "Mess up once, it's all over", rules and you have to restart from level 1 everytime? Cause that sounds like hell incarnate if you're trying to 100% both offline/online.

Any challenge with a fail state makes you start over, challenges like less hears to pop balloons you can make use of your extra lives

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
If you're playing online with 2 friends, is it possible to choose your color? For example, if I want to be blue, I have a friend who wants to be red, and another who wants to be green, can we choose that? Or are colors randomly assigned?

Burning Justice

the superior princess
If you're playing online with 2 friends, is it possible to choose your color? For example, if I want to be blue, I have a friend who wants to be red, and another who wants to be green, can we choose that? Or are colors randomly assigned?

Host is green, person who joins first is blue, person who joins second is red.

With randoms there's no real way to control this, but with friends it's easy.

XaosWolf

Aww, we had a great random called "Link :]" in our team who was ever optimistic despite our failures on the bastard balloon challenge.

Then a very swift connection error. =(

Thanks for the answer! I have my own copy and am now trying to convince others to get it.

Going by your avatar and username, you have fantastic taste in games.

Jeels

Just finished the first world (Forest?)

I am having a lot of fun with it and the levels are the right size. It's just that if there's an online player that's completely useless and does things like runs off ledges or doesn't totem or use his item when he or she is supposed to the game gets really frustrating.

Zero_IYAD

Chase, Dad, or anyone interested..
Around 7 EST time, you guys wanna play for 3-4 hours like yesterday?
Need to clear challenges & hunt lots of materials, I hardly have any decent outfits.

Chase17

Chase, Dad, or anyone interested..
Around 7 EST time, you guys wanna play for 3-4 hours like yesterday?
Need to clear challenges & hunt lots of materials, I hardly have any decent outfits.
Sounds good to me. I may not be able to play as long as yesterday though.

I've completed the regular levels in the first four worlds in single player and it's enjoyable. Some of the bosses have basically been different fights when compared to multiplayer.

Sounds good. I picked this up today and s/p will probably be my primary focus unless some of my friends decide to pick it up as well.

Kinsei

Banned
Sounds good. I picked this up today and s/p will probably be my primary focus unless some of my friends decide to pick it up as well.

Just be aware that the single player makes it much harder to get the arena materials. You can get them, but it requires you to beat every challenge (things like beat the level swordless, do a speed run, bombs only in a level that you normally have arrows in, etc) in that world to get that worlds arena material.

XaosWolf

Don't pop the balloons done for Hinox Mines.

The cheeky rando we had went up to the strange single ball on by the exit just to tease us. (We had 0 lives left)

Kinsei

Banned
Anyone want to team up and do the Riverside challenges? My FC is in the NA spreadsheet.

I'll be on around 7:00 EST. Decided to ask before going out for my walk.

OK fire temple boss is a pain by yourself swaps targetsfar too quickly, got its tail raised to 3 and itbecame near impossible. Probably need more practice swapping but played the game for a good few hours now and thinking if selling, the game Imo is Crap for sp, would be better if a button swapped characters instead of touch screen,

Just be aware that the single player makes it much harder to get the arena materials. You can get them, but it requires you to beat every challenge (things like beat the level swordless, do a speed run, bombs only in a level that you normally have arrows in, etc) in that world to get that worlds arena material.

Thanks for the heads up.

DekuLink

Finished the game today. I actually think it's amazing. The levels are solid, the boss battles and boss designs are fantastic and the music is incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZrD4cs8DoU

Love the boss music.

The only real complaint I have is about match making. It's annoying if you want to complete in order that there is a chance the other people you play with choose another stage and that is selected. I don't want to start with the temple and boss battles. There should be some system to choose to play the stages in order or something. Or the ability to select a specific course. Because it's annoying to have to leave, and it's annoying when someone leave because the stage they wanted to play wasn't selected.

There should maybe also be some kind of "beginners mode" and "expert mode" too, because I fear that if someone pick the game up in a few months they might end up playing with people who have become experts on the game, and from my experience it can be a bit annoying and stressful to play with people who are really good at the game, because they stress you and get annoyed at you because you have to figure out what to do. Likewise it can be annoying to play with beginners if you are really good at the game.

Also, I find it fascination how you can feel the personality of the other players just based on how they play and how they use the 8 icons.

Zero_IYAD

Sounds good to me. I may not be able to play as long as yesterday though.
Chase, I finished earlier than expected.
I'll be online at 6:15
I'll join some random teams till you reply. You can also create a room.
I'll join you once I see a comment from you here.

Edit:
Reminder: Please enter this in the lobby if you need to write in the OT/use the bathroom/emergency break:

5orcLod.png
VVsvmOD.png
VVsvmOD.png
D8yqFrR.png

Chase17

Chase, I finished earlier than expected.
I'll be online at 6:15
I'll join some random teams till you reply. You can also create a room.
I'll join you once I see a comment from you here.

Edit:
Reminder: Please enter this in the lobby if you need to write in the OT/use the bathroom/emergency break:

5orcLod.png
VVsvmOD.png
VVsvmOD.png
D8yqFrR.png

Cool. Earlier actually works better for me. I'm good to go whenever. I'll go ahead and create a room now and wait for you. How do you want to go about doing the challenges? Should we just focus on woodlands to start?

Zero_IYAD

Cool. Earlier actually works better for me. I'm good to go whenever. I'll go ahead and create a room now and wait for you. How do you want to go about doing the challenges? Should we just focus on woodlands to start?
I need a fossil & a gut to finish Goron & another outfit.
Lets do these if you don't mind in the volcano, then lets go through any order you prefer.

Edit: I'll join you in minutes,adding the new FCs now.

Renewed

Cleared the boss fight in the second world and was about to get materials but "error has occurred" and I get DC'd. Booted and I get no materials. ffs....

How exactly am I supposed to beat Moldorm, the volcano boss on solo? He keeps on following whatever Link I switch to?

Edit: Found it

Top Bottom