• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes |OT| Purple Link just didn't stay fresh enough.

*Goes to plays Challenges*

*Someone Else picks no Challenges*

FFS. This is worst than the trolling or disconnects. Stahp. I'd understand if you couldn't find anyone regularly and missed some due to beating the boss but you can still find people so just STOP.

It also happened on the last level, so missing the levels weren't even a thing then.

Also when the other person chooses "I can't decide" and it lands on "no challenge" :mad:

Please everyone never choose "can't decide" on challenges. ._.

anywayz: now at 56/128 after four days and I can't stop playing despite the player problems. I am so hooked!!! I even did the no items challenge on the last boss and no swords in one of the Sky levels.

But damn at bombs on 5-4. Tried four times and 3/4 of those we died on the first area. Wtf.

Need to get Tingle Tunic and Heart costumes too. Guess I could do them in sp as I am only lacking one for each but I don't want to stop playing online since I'll likely go December without.

And I tried the VS mode. This game keeps getting awesomer!

sonto340

It's literally a remix of bosses you've fought already.
The first form fucked me up because I forgot that you had to wait for it to attack before throwing a bomb in. Not to mention the fact that you have to rely on bomb flowers which is always awful.

Vibed

I've about had it trying to farm gold materials with randoms. Anyone willing to help me out in the Coliseum on getting the Sword Master Suit? My friend code and name have just been added in the Doc.

KingBroly

Banned
Man...6-2 has to be the worst level I've played in the game. It's up their with some of the worst design I've ever seen in a game.

The lack of communication options makes it barely possibly to beat it. And then there's the boss. Holy shit. What were they thinking? This game makes me so fucking mad. There's not enough communication options, yet the game seems thrilled to offer 2 celebration emotes.

I'm done with this horseshit.

TheMoon

Man...6-2 has to be the worst level I've played in the game. It's up their with some of the worst design I've ever seen in a game.

The lack of communication options makes it barely possibly to beat it. And then there's the boss. Holy shit. What were they thinking? This game makes me so fucking mad. There's not enough communication options, yet the game seems thrilled to offer 2 celebration emotes.

I'm done with this horseshit.

That level is so incredibly easy once you figure out what to do. We raced through it and even took out the boss in a few seconds once we had the idea route down.

Playing with three people, all in the same room so communication is great. Why is the very first time challenge in the first level (Woodlands, Deku Forest) so goddamn hard?! Getting out of the first room, moving as fast as possible, barely leaves any time.

Am I missing something?

Jackano

Playing with three people, all in the same room so communication is great. Why is the very first time challenge in the first level (Woodlands, Deku Forest) so goddamn hard?! Getting out of the first room, moving as fast as possible, barely leaves any time.
This game is so untested. I hope all the Super Mario Club is testing NX games right now because it is really heartbreaking. I hoped for a new multiplayer Zelda for years after FSA, but TFH, despite having good puzzles, is broken everywhere else.

Come on I think they tested it and say it's OK for us playing among developers in local play. True there was the demo thing, but too late really.

Today I wanted to grab a rare material back in forest iirc. Go there, gather a team, first room, totem thing, the guy with arrows idk how but fires through the torch to light the top one, very good. Now the torch on the floor, same puzzle, just no totem. Idk if he was a 3yo or just trolling like a 3yo, but he just couldn't do the same thing he just did! We stayed here for like 5 minutes and eventually I had to quit, come on.

Anyway, because the game doesn't show you firts hand what material you can't grab without challenge, I had to go back and choose challenge to try to have the material I seek.
Good team, no lag, we rush a timed challenge. Eventually beat the boss with 6 secs on the counter and, WTF, the counter doesn't stop after the boss, those 6 seconds are deadly of you can't go to the exit in time! One of us was 10m short...

Go back in lobby, grab a new guy or a new team don't remember, challenge, everyone choose a different one, start the game, and... Red Link quit.

Go back in lobby, grab a new team, and... unplayable lag. I just sat here for 15 minutes and all I grab in forest was a mere 100 rupees. I'm off this game for today.

This above feels too much like my regular play sessions, it's not even like it's a bad day.

ss-hikaru

I was expecting the worst with all the 'single player is unplayable!!!!' posts but it's not bad, I'm finding it quite fun :) Although I'm not trying to beat the entire game, just doing the not so stressful challenges.

there needs to be a "fuck this lag I'm leaving" emote

Hahaha yeah, or even just a sorry one that is more than the 'oh well' shrug. I never know if I should leave when there's bad lag or just to tough it out and then quit. Seems more respectful that way but I understand when I get ditched ^^;

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I played a few challenges at the Toronto-GAF meetup tonight and it was fun even though everyone didn't know what they were doing. It's very helpful to just tell the other people what we should do instead of using the icons.

Damnit no!

Had a team that came so close to the time limit challenge on the final level, we even did it a second time (which was good because My brain must've went haywire from so many no items 8-4 challenge so I didn't choose boomeranger) had a annoying guy who kept using the water rod getting in the way of me and a great dasher but we made it the final boss with a minute left and only four hearts becuase we rushed missed the others. So I decided to get all the clocks, with red helping me and then told them to come here as I fell off the platform. This was our next to last life so I did it to refill the hearts and so we could reget the clocks. Red got the idea and run into the enemy, but blue was like "NNNOOO!!!!" and while it was reloading the level a error happens. I guess either a very bad case of server problem or blue disconnected because they thought I was trolling. :/

We need more emotes like a "Its for time" one or something. ._.

So fucking close. Fuck. I feel crushed,

68/128. Over halfway there. 38 Hours.

llaannccee

128/128 Really loved this game. Thanks to XaosWolf and RedColumn for playing the main story levels with me. Played nearly all the challenges with randoms. Last challenge i had left was transport the orb in bomb storage. Which wasn't that difficult once you get to the boss loads of hourglass items.

Jackano

PSA (or LTTP): If you're short on rupees, aim for the rupee costume, and... farm them in grass in the town. You can get up to 500 rupees in 2-3 minutes in one run.

Also lol at the girl making the costumes and doing a different song for the Tingle one :)

Holy shit.

Remember my last post? Well today I actually just successfully conpleted the time challenge in 8-4. We made it to the boss with all our lives intact! Sadly, we didn't have enough time so red did the "die for time" thing and I followed through hoping for no disconnects. The second time we also didn't have enough time so we did it again and I decided to repeat item emote for hearts and then fell off and luckily noone disconnected.

Our last life now. We lose over half our hearts on the first stage. Fuck.

Not to mention the blue BenDrowned kept throwing wrong colors on the last part. Aaahhh!!!...Can't remember Red's name :(

Started with six minutes and ended on like 1 and a half. Seriously you must die for time. Insanity.

We had one heart left. I was so damn nervous. They went after the rupees and I was like "Come Here! Your Gonna Fall!!!" Be we made it. In terms of 8-4 only the fewer hearts remain. I should get the Queen suit for it but I'm so good I basically need Boomeranger for the swinging guys. Not to mention it helps in so many other places. After that it should be smoother sailing...except for that damn bomb thing on 5-4...and all the no balloon challenges. Atleast I got Tingle for the don't fall stuff now.

maxcriden

Game is so fun but disconnects, lag and some randoms are so frustrating. Haven't played with any GAFers yet.

I can't access the spreadsheet at work, but I'll try to add myself tonight. I'd like to play with GAFers to cut down on the frustration. I'm up to 5-3, no challenges yet.

Navi

Game is so fun but disconnects, lag and some randoms are so frustrating. Haven't played with any GAFers yet.

I can't access the spreadsheet at work, but I'll try to add myself tonight. I'd like to play with GAFers to cut down on the frustration. I'm up to 5-3, no challenges yet.

Im off work today so Im about to actually start playing. I'll be down.

maxcriden

Im off work today so Im about to actually start playing. I'll be down.

I'll be around later. Cool. I can play at 4:30 EST while I exercise...let's PM. I was going to watch an ep of The 100 but the promise of playing with a GAFer is more enticing. What world are you up to, and which challenges are available to you?

maxcriden

If I play w/ a GAFer who doesn't have as many levels unlocked as I do, can they play any level I've unlocked when playing with me? Or only the ones they have access t?

Berordn

If I play w/ a GAFer who doesn't have as many levels unlocked as I do, can they play any level I've unlocked when playing with me? Or only the ones they have access t?

Haven't tested it much, but I think everyone picks what they can choose from and the roulette decides like normal.

maxcriden

Haven't tested it much, but I think everyone picks what they can choose from and the roulette decides like normal.

Oh, okay. Thanks. Maybe we can do an "I can't decide." At the same time, though, the GAFer in question may not even have the same worlds unlocked. Haven't played w/ friends before so not sure how it works....

Navi

Oh, okay. Thanks. Maybe we can do an "I can't decide." At the same time, though, the GAFer in question may not even have the same worlds unlocked. Haven't played w/ friends before so not sure how it works....

Thanks for playing with me! Lets do it again!

I thought I was done with the super hard ones.

I did all of World 7 & 8. I even did the bombs only in 5-4.

But the don't pop balloon in 6-4. Dear god.

When a teammate doesn't insist on using a hammer or boomerange suit they instead suck and die on the final boss.

Just had a team after a fail beat the boss with one heart left and then...error. I have tried this level 11 times today. I'm sick of it.

83/128. Dunno why I keep playing but I do. I guess I can't get enough even with the problems. Just sick of this one level.

I may just have to walk away for a bit but I got the level memorized so I don't want to. *LinkShrug*

DontBlink

Anyone up for 8-4? I could not find a single good group of randoms for the past three days.

EDIT: Finally found someone and guided them a little during the last battle. Managed to beat the boss using the last fairy.

TheMoon

I have a question that I can't seem to find the answer to. Is it possible to play this with 2 players local, and one using download play?

Yes that is possible!

tfhdlpeerwd.jpg

maxcriden

I beat 5-4 with a group. Yessss. Ahh. It felt so good. First group I made it to the boss with, except for the group where it froze after the cutscene. Dang, feels good to be through that.

Sword costume + tossing off ledges need to be banned from Coliseum use.

Ozium

I got this with the buy 2 get 1 deal at target (along with Capitan Todd and Kirby) and this is a blast.. I was sold from the Demo but the full game has so much more... I didn't even know they had a battle mode for instance, was a nice surprise...

So far I've only completed the Woodlands and 2 levels in the 2nd world, because I did some of the challenge quests in Woodlands... the finish under the time limit one on a couple are bugging me because for whatever reason

I only play w/ randoms lol

also how do I get Friendly Tokens? I only know 2-3 people irl with a 3ds and that annoying kid says I need 15? and I need at least 8? to craft costumes.. is there a workaround? kind of don't like that mechanic :(

ss-hikaru

Having trouble with the Hinox Mine boss :| I like the idea of the fight but it just doesn't work well. The space you are given to maneuver is too small. Especially since you have two people with boomerangs (so can accidentally pick up team mates) and have to pick up bombs (so might accidentally pick up team mates) and then you have to be so careful that you don't accidentally throw your team mate off the stage -_-

I'm not sure if I'm approaching the boss the right way. I know that you can stun him with the boomerang (so your archer can go crazy on him) but it's really hard to pull off, especially when you get to stage two. Try throw the boomerang and miss and then your cart is already full of bombs. I tried it three times (with two different teams) and when I was the archer I found that I had no time to shoot arrows in stage 2 because there were too many bombs. Also, it feels impossible with lag. Trying to pick up bombs but it not registering and then getting blown up :(

I really liked the boss in Fire Temple though.

Arc07

Is there anything that triggers the shopkeeper to buy your supplies for double value? I have a bunch I need to offload but I've only seen him offer to buy my stuff at double once.

Ozium

Is there anything that triggers the shopkeeper to buy your supplies for double value? I have a bunch I need to offload but I've only seen him offer to buy my stuff at double once.

how do I sell stuff?

I just started 2 days ago...

98/128

So close only 30 more but I'm really starting to feel burnt out. Will take a tiny break but I need to stay focused since its already kinda getting hard to find people sometimes so I need to do this asap.

TheMoon

also how do I get Friendly Tokens? I only know 2-3 people irl with a 3ds and that annoying kid says I need 15? and I need at least 8? to craft costumes.. is there a workaround? kind of don't like that mechanic :(

The only workaround is having at least three 3DSes and formatting one of them after each session so that it gets identified as a "new" system by the game. You need 8. Having 15 does nothing.

maxcriden

😵😵😵😵

DLC press release info:

The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes DLC: New free DLC is coming on Dec. 2, adding Linebeck’s Uniform and Fierce Deity Armor outfits, each with unique powers, as well as the new Den of Trials with more than 30 stages to conquer. The upcoming software update also makes it more convenient to get Friendly Tokens by purchasing them from the Street Merchant once the princess’ curse has been lifted. Additionally, two adjustments will ensure a more comfortable online experience: By answering a question before matchmaking, you will be matched with other players who gave similar answers, plus players who leave a game in progress through the Pause menu can be added to the blacklist.

--

That's so rad!!!

Also, I think it's one stage with thirry levels, not thirty stages. Like, in the sense that a stage is normally four levels.

Zero_IYAD

😵😵😵😵

DLC press release info:

The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes DLC: New free DLC is coming on Dec. 2, adding Linebeck’s Uniform and Fierce Deity Armor outfits, each with unique powers, as well as the new Den of Trials with more than 30 stages to conquer. The upcoming software update also makes it more convenient to get Friendly Tokens by purchasing them from the Street Merchant once the princess’ curse has been lifted. Additionally, two adjustments will ensure a more comfortable online experience: By answering a question before matchmaking, you will be matched with other players who gave similar answers, plus players who leave a game in progress through the Pause menu can be added to the blacklist.

--

That's so rad!!!

Also, I think it's one stage with thirry levels, not thirty stages. Like, in the sense that a stage is normally four levels.
Awesome news!
I smell the addiction will be back you guys @__@ !!

😵😵😵😵

DLC press release info:

Nice that the one of the biggest flaws will be getting fixed.

maxcriden

Yeah, that's an awesome update. I do think that "30 stages" is a typo and they mean one stage with 30 levels as I was musing on above...but heck, it's free, I definitely am not complaining. :D

Top Bottom