• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thespian God Jared Leto Met with Psychopaths/Murderers for Joker;Stopped Source Mat.s

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaDump

Gold Member
I first started at the beginning, educating myself, researching, reading as much as I could, going back to the source material. And then at a certain point, I knew I had to stop doing that. Because the Joker has been redefined, reinvented many times before.

I thought the reinvention of Joker was related to the Nolan movies? Did he change a lot in the comics?

Slayven

When did Mark Millar start writing Batman books?

tumblr_m606ejBx701qbgo38o1_500.jpg

Slayven

Joker has never really been defined by DC, that is the one thing they are scared of, to lock Joker into something. Remember when they said he was a biblical virus?

Joker has never really been defined by DC, that is the one thing they are scared of, to lock Joker into something. Remember when they said he was a biblical virus?

I think he stayed relatively consistent around the 70s and 80s, which is pretty much BTAS Joker.

The Adder

Banned
I'm sorry jared but Joker isn't about violence

he's about chaos

f- back to school

No he isn't.

Joker isn't "about" anything other than what he currently finds funny. And that can be different every damn day. But you can't have a movie about that character. So instead, you figure out what Joker's about during the period the film covers.

For Ledger, it was Chaos. For Leto it's the actual acts of violence.

Jared's always been a hardcore method actor. He stayed in character the entire time for Dallas Buyers Club, and to this day hasnt watched the film. I knew from day one he will be amazing as the Joker, and I am confident he will be the best yet.

Dude comes off like an asshat. Guys I slummed around in a mental hospital talking to people that were clinically insane. It was fun.

Comparing his "method" to Heath Ledger's is night and day. Heath just kept a little diary and went crazy with it.

Dalek

Jared Leto sounds like he is the opposing candidate in those political ads.

"JARED LETO URINATES ON CANCER PATIENTS"

"I'm Amanda Waller and I approve this message."

Chariot

Endgame redeemed it.
Nah. Endgame was goid for itself, but it still didn't make the cope out DotF good in retrospect. There were super interesting theories, but the writers went with the lamest shit ending. The kind of ending that makes some people don't take superhero comics serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom