• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thespian God Jared Leto Met with Psychopaths/Murderers for Joker;Stopped Source Mat.s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veelk

Banned
While a good murderous joker story often makes for the best Batman stories, it always struck me as odd that people try to envision the Joker as pure chaos, a personality that changes its form so often that it's hard pressed to say that the Joker has a personality at all...

when in actuality, he's always the evil murderous clown.

I remember reading this one joker story where he kidnapped a bunch of talk show people and set up his usual stuff about how he was going to kill them, only to play practical jokes on them instead while they're sitting there terrified and sweating. That is chaos. Fucking with people doesn't necessarily entail actually hurting them, and it's always when the joker is NOT out to kill someone that he's usually at his most tense and suspenseful.

Good on Jared Leto for putting effort into his character, but his joker isn't ringing true for me from the trailers. I'm hoping there is more to him than "I'm going to obviously murder you, but laugh while I do it, how fun and original!"

Aselith

What the hell are people complaining about, he was in an interview and and answered some questions when asked. I don't give a fuck what he does to prepare and research(well i find it funny), somehow this is "diminishing enthusiam?" what the fuck?

tbh it's essentially Heath Ledger all over again. Dude gives you some insight into his process and it's like, "I KNEW IT, HE'S GONNA SUCK! TRYHARD"

Puppen

Banned
The problem here is just that Leto already has a reputation for being a completely phony douchebag off-camera, so this just comes off as posing to look cool rather than him doing anything genuine for the role. I don't think he has a genuine bone in his body, but he's a decent actor. Ledger on the other hand always came across as a real guy with real troubles, which sadly led to his death.

6de6ac827c521e013a5385233e4fe078.jpg

chill out Jordan.

G-Bus

Banned
Eh, what ever. Don't care how he prepared. I mean, kudos for the hard work?

Only matters if it's good.

Trailer makes it look awful imo.

You know most of you guys wouldn't hear what Jared had to say about his method acting if it wasn't posted on Gaf.

You guys should read about some of Daniel Day Lewis Method acting stories, there pretty great

Daniel Day-Lewis is still more extreme then Leto.

Well was, don't think he's acted since Lincoln, which I felt wasn't all that great of a performance. Good but Joaquin Phoenix was better

My favorite Leto story from the set so far is him dressing up like a cowboy (toy pistols and all), then interrupting one of Will Smith's scenes by walking into it and singing Wild, Wild, West.

Really hope they release this shit as extras on blu ray.

My favorite Leto story from the set so far is him dressing up like a cowboy (toy pistols and all), then interrupting one of Will Smith's scenes by walking into it and singing Wild, Wild, West.

This is great. Sounds like something Jack's Joker would do

Lebron

I like Leto but not a big fan of this version of Joker they're doing. But judging by Snyder's efforts, doesn't really seem like "faithful" is on their check list with their universe. Guess we just got to deal.

jared leto is a cornball. his joker, gaudy trash tattoos and all, looks fantastic though. you can already see how entertaining he will be in those short clips.

this guy won't break the streak of Joker being the gawd in live action comic book villainy.

it's best to ignore this guy's interviews, even before he was the joker he's been a cheese. just be thankful DDL didn't take the part (as if he would be in some comic stuff anyways). dude would probably stab somebody to death on set.

If true, this is one of the best things I have ever read.

Dalek

Oh wow. I take back everything I said about him-this is amazing.

Lebron

I retract my previous post

obin_gam

I like Leto but not a big fan of this version of Joker they're doing. But judging by Snyder's efforts, doesn't really seem like "faithful" is on their check list with their universe. Guess we just got to deal.

Tell me. What's a faithful Joker?

daniels

This whole joker nonsense thing that gets used as PR by the actor playing the clown is getting more and more laughable....at least it fits "Look at the edgy "dark" PR we got isnt it amazing?!"

Cuburt

Well if Leto goes crazy from trying so hard to pull off some sort of iconic Joker, maybe that will actually help him in the role, right? Right??

FTR, Leto's Joker is the end result of all years of the Ledger/Nolan worship. Just as Batman created his worst enemy, the fans created this Joker. They are the reason Leto feels the need to send co-stars used condoms and anal beads. He's fan fiction run amuck. He's cosplay mash up incarnate.

This is pretty hilarious. If it's true it better be in the blooper reel

Cuburt

I guess we know what all the reshoots are for now.

He sacrifices so much for his art, he even sacrifices other people's art.

Puppen

Banned

Ok that's legit hilarious so I doubt it's true

Toothless

Based off his several interviews on the matter, I feel like Jared Leto is Kylo Ren as Heath Ledger is Darth Vader.

Hopefully Leto-Joker is as good a villain as Kylo.

JJD

Jared's Joker is the only thing keeping me interested in the cinematic DC Universe.

I'm not expecting to be blow away, but I bet it will be fun. The guy is a good actor.

I bet SS will make bank.

T-0800

He should read the words on the page and I don't know.....act.

Anthony Hopkins on method acting
“It’s a pain in the a**. Who the hell wants to be with some miserable grump because he wants to get his performance right, so you have to call him this or call him that? It’s so boring. I’ve been with actors like that and they’re a pain in the a**, they really are. They’re unpleasant to work with and I don’t think they’re always that good either. I’ve worked with some awkward customers, fortunately not too many. I go out of my way never to work with them again.”

He should read the words on the page and I don't know.....act.

Anthony Hopkins on method acting
“It’s a pain in the a**. Who the hell wants to be with some miserable grump because he wants to get his performance right, so you have to call him this or call him that? It’s so boring. I’ve been with actors like that and they’re a pain in the a**, they really are. They’re unpleasant to work with and I don’t think they’re always that good either. I’ve worked with some awkward customers, fortunately not too many. I go out of my way never to work with them again.”

can't be so binary on that. there's plenty of method actors who were incredible too.

Cuburt

can't be so binary on that. there's plenty of method actors who were incredible too.

Most of the quote is talking about how they are a pain in the ass to work with.

I'd be willing to bet it's true 100% of the time, so they'd better be fucking incredible if they want to keep working in the industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom