• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thespian God Jared Leto Met with Psychopaths/Murderers for Joker;Stopped Source Mat.s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darryl

Banned
I really like the direction they're taking Leto's Joker. I can feel the mental illness oozing off of it. Everyone acting so frustrated about it just makes me appreciate it more. Like he is mentally torturing the fanboys. Nothing about the Joker's character needs reason, why do people desperately try to find it? Why create all of these scenarios to explain how he is acting? Trying to recreate Ledger? LOL. Embrace it guys, why so serious?

Fj0823

Turns out he's been reading New 52 Joker.

B6ZQxjZ.jpg

New 52 Spoilers ahead

But everything in that panel is a cruel joke, It wasn't even real. He's not doing it "because violence". It was his love letter to Batman, his greatest joke to show him how much he cared and how much he wanted Batman to go back to his glory days.

Kibbles

Yep, actor doin his job. There is nothing wrong with any of this. People just love to tell celebrities to "shut up already" as if they're saying these things unprompted into the ether. It's an interview, he's answering a question.
Yup.

I really like this quote:

He became a real person. I don’t know if person is the right word. I think the Joker lives in between reality and another plane. Kind of a shaman in a way.

Chariot

I really like the direction they're taking Leto's Joker. I can feel the mental illness oozing off of it. Everyone acting so frustrated about it just makes me appreciate it more. Like he is mentally torturing the fanboys. Nothing about the Joker's character needs reason, why do people desperately try to find it? Why create all of these scenarios to explain how he is acting? Trying to recreate Ledger? LOL. Embrace it guys, why so serious?
Or he is really looking pretentious by media constantly remarking how extreme he is, as if he was compensating for something.

Kibbles

Or he is really looking pretentious by media constantly remarking how extreme he is, as if he was compensating for something.
Exactly, what does that have to do with him? As you said, the media. The media are the ones constantly asking and his cast mates are the ones constantly making remarks about how he raised the bar for them. Jared barely has talked about his role only when he is dragged to media events to do so and even then he seems to have the least interviews. All they ever ask about is the crazy stuff and all people like you do is pay attention to the select snippet of quotes that go around. His cast mates have thrown plenty of great praise for what he's done and how he helped all of them come together and elevate their performances so I think he's doing great for the film. I don't know why so many people have it out for the guy.

Kibbles

Why does it matter, everyone has different approaches and he does what he needs to do get into the role. The cast mates have constantly talked about how he helped all of them step up their game and had become the catalyst of the film. Who cares what he did besides the people who worked with him, I'm just here for the finished product and he seems to be doing everyone good.

Well if we're gonna throw all method acting under the bus, then whatever I guess. Point was that this isn't out of the ordinary the way both the marketing for this movie and the posters in this thread are portraying. I don't really give a shit how they got there if the final performance is good.

I think he's saying fuck method acting.

No, see, the first post was saying that the stuff the article talked about Leto doing is unusual for a Method actor, and then he posted the other thing because... well, I can only assume that he's not really clear on the concept?

botty

Banned
Not shocked by this at all. We're talking about a critically acclaimed and ground breaking actor here. It should come as no surprise that an oscar winning artist like Jared Leto would do as much research for a role as possible.

Luigi87

Death in the Family is fucking atrocious.

Am I the only one bothered that this said "Death in the Family" which is actually the story about Jason Todd's death, and not "Death of the Family" which is the story of faceless Joker's personal attack on the Bat-family.
thank god Endgame had him regrow his face...

I'm glad he's so invested in the character on a personal and professional level and I'm excited as all hell to see what he brings to Joker, but that shit about sending anal beads and used condoms to the rest of the cast... like jeez, that goes beyond method acting and being a weird fuck just for the sake of being a weird fuck.

Yeesh.

Luigi87

What.

Why.

Why.

Why.

I mean, even for method acting, this is way too fucking far.

It really says something when, years later, they still feel the new to slap New 52 on every single fucking comic.

Don't worry, starting next month DC REBIRTH will brand everything, lol

None of this stuff impresses me or makes me want to see the movie. I wish he'd shut up about it, every one of these stories diminishes my enthusiasm for Suicide Squad.

rokero

I don't see anything wrong with an actor trying to do the best he can to bring a character to life, he read the comics and did research on sociopaths and people are complaining smh

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I mean, I bet Leto probably listened to talented bands before he started 30 Seconds to Mars too

DigtialT

None of this stuff impresses me or makes me want to see the movie. I wish he'd shut up about it, every one of these stories diminishes my enthusiasm for Suicide Squad.

Except Jared has said barely anything about his method acting, it's all been press releases or comments from other actors, Jared only mentions it when people ask.

Man got asked a question. What's he supposed to do?

"Oh, well, I actually did a fair bit, but these guys on this forum told me not to talk about it so I'm gonna have to pass on that."

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth

If more stories come out, will you not see the movie altogether? Can these stories, in fact, entirely extinguish any remnants of enthusiasm you have left?

What the hell are people complaining about, he was in an interview and and answered some questions when asked. I don't give a fuck what he does to prepare and research(well i find it funny), somehow this is "diminishing enthusiam?" what the fuck?

Man got asked a question. What's he supposed to do?

"Oh, well, I actually did a fair bit, but these guys on this forum told me not to talk about it so I'm gonna have to pass on that."

Fair enough Poodle. You win this time!

If more stories come out, will you not see the movie altogether? Can these stories, in fact, entirely extinguish any remnants of enthusiasm you have left?

Nahhhhh

What the hell are people complaining about, he was in an interview and and answered some questions when asked. I don't give a fuck what he does to prepare and research(well i find it funny), somehow this is "diminishing enthusiam?" what the fuck?

Reminds me of the "nvidia so salty" days where somebody asked them qs in an interview about specific things, they answered directly and accurately and people were all "why do they keep talking about consoles? They should just take the L and shut up!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom