• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Henderson: Metal Gear 3 Remake Trailer is 2 minutes and 19 seconds long

Be bigger news if it were 1🤷‍♂️ 3 is extremely overrated.
Really why? I think 3 is the best one by far. Well done Survival and eating mechanics also? Thats shit was awesome. Foodnwould rot, had to heal yourself. And that ending? Howwww

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Let's revisit the original MGS3 announcement

11 minutes.

Hk6JXmi.png

Am why 3 first? Why not remake the first and go from there?
Because its the best one lol

And it would actually extract the most out if modern tech, jungle, vegetation, those survival mechanics like hintinf and eating and making sure food doesnt spoil. Yeah...im glad its 3. Devs making the right decision

Hot5pur

Too many remakes, why not just make new games rather than have us replay old games with a fresh coat of paint. The game is good because of the gameplay, you're not suddenly going to make it that much better by adding QoL and new graphics. Great for people who haven't tried it though, really good game.

It would've made so much more sense to get an MGS1 remake, right? I get the Twin Snakes was a remake of MGS1 but that game was on Gamecube- how many people have even played it?

We can't even buy and play the original MGS on console! Few years ago PC got a port. I don't understand why we didn't on console

It would've made so much more sense to get an MGS1 remake, right? I get the Twin Snakes was a remake of MGS1 but that game was on Gamecube- how many people have even played it?

We can't even buy and play the original MGS on console! Few years ago PC got a port. I don't understand why we didn't on console

I just don't think a MGS1 Remake is as current-gen, hardware demanding of a remake as 3 is. I think it comes down to lush, exterior environments and it being a major fan favorite.

Last edited:
I would not say 3 is the most iconic one. It's debatable on which one is but if you're to ask the average gamer it's still the first. Every knows who psycho mantis is and spiper wolf and the torture scene. Not sure if 3 has that cultural impact.

And exactly, 3 is probably the one that needs the remake the least. It still needs it... Don't get me wrong but I'd love to see them fix 2.

Mgs1 and MGS4 needs it the most. Console players can play great versions of 2 and 3 but we have no way to play 1 and 4. We don't even have the port of mgs1 that PC players have access to!

I just don't think a MGS1 Remake is a current-gen, hardware demanding remake as 3. I think it comes down to lush, exterior environments and it being a major fan favorite.

You're probably right tho the reason MGS1 isn't as talked about anymore is because console players havnt had any way of replaying it for over 20 years!

bender

What time is it?
I just don't think a MGS1 Remake is as current-gen, hardware demanding of a remake as 3 is. I think it comes down to lush, exterior environments and it being a major fan favorite.

I wouldn’t be surprised if MGS is announced for the Classics Collection on PS+ Premium.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Weird drama for this one. It's like people don't remember the game was already multiplatform.

The rumors since last year had it pegged as a PS exclusive, only since last week have they shifted to it being multiplatform.

I'd rather they remade MG1 & 2 from the MSX. They're games most people wouldn't have played, they're canon & with how basic they're are in comparison to the next 3 games, you'd have tons of creative room to change, expand and improve as much as you like without betraying the source material as there isn't much of it to begin with.

I might have cared about a MGS3 remake 5 years ago when they released the Pachinko stuff & there wasn't as many remakes of every damn thing like there is now, but I'm tired of remakes & remasters that just can't recapture the magic & soul of their still excellent originals.

After what they did with RE4 & FFVII, I'm just not that confident they can do it without making it underwhelming.

gothmog

Gold Member
The rumors since last year had it pegged as a PS exclusive, only since last week have they shifted to it being multiplatform.
I didn't believe the rumors last year either. I assumed they also wanted a PC version and at that point why buy exclusivity?

Please God no. Not on Xbox.

No hate for fellow Xbox player/ fans, an exclusive just means better graphics and polish. Now it will cater to Series S, the hunch back of this generation...

saintjules

is it confirmed to be shown in Sony or Microsoft show?

I bet Sony went aggressive to lock a marketing deal. But I suspect we see a trailer on the Xbox YouTube channel shortly after announcement since it's multiplat. This may not even be a part of the Xbox showcase. Just speculating though.

poodaddy

Please God no. Not on Xbox.

No hate for fellow Xbox player/ fans, an exclusive just means better graphics and polish. Now it will cater to Series S, the hunch back of this generation...
Yeah no hate to Xbox players, except for the fact that your post history is riddled with warrior shit and your contribution to this thread amounts to exactly that, warrior bullshit meant only to antagonize and shit up this thread. Modern engines are scalable, supporting Series S won't hamper the game in any way.

I'll never understand what you guys get out of this tribalism over plastic and silicone bearing brands of companies that couldn't care less about you beyond your wallet. Grown men acting like children arguing over a game of Cowboys and Indians, it's embarrassing.

OT: I think this has the potential to be great, but I have to second the sentiment that MGS 3 is an odd choice. I wish they would have targeted Metal Gear 1 and 2 for remakes, they really could use them in a big way. That being said, if this is good, I'm probably there.

Katajx

Gold Member
3 was the bigger and more fun game to me, but I honestly would have preferred 1 to be revisited and expanded and improved upon.

Yeah no hate to Xbox players, except for the fact that your post history is riddled with warrior shit and your contribution to this thread amounts to exactly that, warrior bullshit meant only to antagonize and shit up this thread. Modern engines are scalable, supporting Series S won't hamper the game in any way.

I'll never understand what you guys get out of this tribalism over plastic and silicone bearing brands of companies that couldn't care less about you beyond your wallet. Grown men acting like children arguing over a game of Cowboys and Indians, it's embarrassing.

OT: I think this has the potential to be great, but I have to second the sentiment that MGS 3 is an odd choice. I wish they would have targeted Metal Gear 1 and 2 for remakes, they really could use them in a big way. That being said, if this is good, I'm probably there.
1. My post history is not riddled with warrior shit.
2. My brother you are the one appearing to show signs of tribalism as you went ooga booga on me with this comment :messenger_tears_of_joy:
3. I guess they targeted MGS3 since it's the first chronologically? And perhaps the most famous one?

killatopak

I would not say 3 is the most iconic one. It's debatable on which one is but if you're to ask the average gamer it's still the first. Every knows who psycho mantis is and spiper wolf and the torture scene. Not sure if 3 has that cultural impact.

And exactly, 3 is probably the one that needs the remake the least. It still needs it... Don't get me wrong but I'd love to see them fix 2.
Huh. It’s pretty iconic in itself. Eating snakes, repairing you broken bones and bruises, fighting The End and using the alternate method. Boss on a field of flowers. Also probably my favorite camo system.

poodaddy

1. My post history is not riddled with warrior shit.
2. My brother you are the one appearing to show signs of tribalism as you went ooga booga on me with this comment :messenger_tears_of_joy:
3. I guess they targeted MGS3 since it's the first chronologically? And perhaps the most famous one?
Nah bro, I do all consoles and PC, just getting tired of the warrior nonsense around here, it's been getting wild as hell as of late.

If they're starting from 3 chronologically, then I'd be pumped about that. Remake all of them in order, with MGSV like controls? That's heaven to me. MGS4 actually still plays pretty damn well, all it needs is a port to modern platforms or even just port it to PS5 at 4k 60, the game will clean up nicely.

Vognerful

I hope it doesn't get the twin snake treatment.

And what I mean by that is twin snake got rid of a lot of monologue and the suspense build up in favor of some bullshit anime fighting sequences.

supernova8

Banned
Can we at least have a spoiler-free titled "pre-showcase leaks thread" instead?

I don't want to have not access GAF for the next 24 hours.

At least give people the option to browse GAF without being shown spoilers. You can't unsee stuff on the front page, even if you don't click through to the actual thread.

Come On Biden GIF by GIPHY News

Nah bro, I do all consoles and PC, just getting tired of the warrior nonsense around here, it's been getting wild as hell as of late.

If they're starting from 3 chronologically, then I'd be pumped about that. Remake all of them in order, with MGSV like controls? That's heaven to me. MGS4 actually still plays pretty damn well, all it needs is a port to modern platforms or even just port it to PS5 at 4k 60, the game will clean up nicely.
Hell yeah! The remakes better have MGSV level tight controls; that game controlled like heaven. On a side note, would KILL for a MGRR remake or sequel.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Realistically, I think Metal Gear is kind of a poison chalice.

A faithful remake with modern graphics is going to feel dated because its a PS2 game structurally, but if its updated mechanically then you have to make a better and more interesting game than Kojima's original... and I'm not sure who exactly is qualified to do that...

Like them or not, Bloober at least has form for making psychological horror games, but who would you choose to do MGS3? I don't see Virtuos having the creative chops to make that step up.

Sleepwalker

Realistically, I think Metal Gear is kind of a poison chalice.

A faithful remake with modern graphics is going to feel dated because its a PS2 game structurally, but if its updated mechanically then you have to make a better and more interesting game than Kojima's original... and I'm not sure who exactly is qualified to do that...

Like them or not, Bloober at least has form for making psychological horror games, but who would you choose to do MGS3? I don't see Virtuos having the creative chops to make that step up.
Kojipro :messenger_sunglasses:

poodaddy

Hell yeah! The remakes better have MGSV level tight controls; that game controlled like heaven. On a side note, would KILL for a MGRR remake or sequel.
MGR was sick, it deserves a sequel for sure, but I'm not sure modern Platinum would nail it again. Wouldn't mind a remake, but it doesn't feel old enough for that. That being said, Last of Us got a remake so, eh what do I know?

Top Bottom