• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Henderson: Metal Gear 3 Remake Trailer is 2 minutes and 19 seconds long

Sleepwalker

You think Kojima is going to go anywhere near a publisher who's not going stick his name all over it? ? :D

Don't think so, and I highly doubt Konami are going to flip-flop like that!
Oh absolutely not a chance in hell, but that would be my pick of course haha

Silver Wattle

Gold Member
Do we really need to know these details? The showcase is less than 12 hours away...
The Rock Yes GIF

3 needs a remake the most, it's jungle environments do not hold up, we can do do that sort of thing so, so much better today.

2 and even 1 hold up better because they're mostly (or entirely) set in manmade locales, 2 holds up surprisingly well for a 20+ year old game, even 1's graphics still have a funky charm, but I was very unimpressed the last time I tried to play 3.

The only potential issue is the dub and whether they can bring back the same actors.

the third game is the best, fuck all yall. I'ma fight for it

that shit was the OG, the goat of MGS. The goddam environment variation, the whole forest, the goddam end, the goddam feeeear, man yall trippin if it aint the best of them.

Hope it looks great, at least RE4 level, with demons souls graphics being the ideal

Naked Lunch

Like seriously - who the fuck even asked for Metal Gear Solid 3 to be remade?
Complete waste of time and effort.

Remake MSX MG 1 and 2 - or release MGS4 on more platforms.
Or heres a thought - make a new entry in the series. Just picking 3 out of the blue is so dumb.

I never actually played mgs3.
Hope it's as good as it's proclaimed.
It's pretty damn good, Mgs is my fave series and my best friend and Inconstantly argue about which one is the best(he says 3)

I'm a little like ehhh because I literally started a mgs3 playthrough(like my 10th time playing through it) and i'm about 60% after i finished Totk.

Same thing happened with re4remake when i played the vr version three months before the remake dropped smh.

I'd have rather they redidmgs4 since it's locked to ps3. It's so many ways to play mgs3 out there

Pretty sad that the Xbox focused guys are out there leaking the content of a PlayStation event. That’s pretty pathetic really.
If it’s coming to Xbox just keep quiet and let that fanbase be pleasantly surprised.

DelireMan7

Let's revisit the original MGS3 announcement

11 minutes.

Hk6JXmi.png

I watched this trailer countless time ! My hype was through the roof !

Very happy if all the rumors turned out to be true today. MGS 1 and 3 are for me at the top of the franchise. But I hope it's a true remake and not a remaster in disguise.

peronmls

IMO it's not. The strong emphasis on villains constantly flexing their dumb superpowers is stupid, it's like Kojima's own Marvel movie.
It was slightly jarring when I first played it. It was my first MG game as well. I got used to it. It should have been a lot more subtle. If only they had a more natural powers like The End or something. Idk.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I want the trailer to be the ladder scene. Just the full ladder scene. Then logo and release date.

I can't fucking wait for the official confirmation.

RaduN

Time to finally put those pachislot assets to good use !!

6273800690e16d503bc2b48980155a01591847a7.gifv
The change of the characters features is very dumb in the pachi cutscenes.

This should not be a Re4 style of remake. As superb as that game is, it's one with barely any story and legacy (even so, i'm not a big fan of the changes there either).
MGS3 is a story for the ages, with (arguably) still unmatched direction and overall cinematic prowess, and cleanest mo-cap data ever recorded for a video game.
They can do whatever changes to the gameplay they want, i don't think many gamers appreciate the strict skill based, isometric action of the original anyway, but as far as anything story related, just update the polygons, but keep it 100% faithful, because everything in the original is absolutely masterfuly done.

Pretty sad that the Xbox focused guys are out there leaking the content of a PlayStation event. That’s pretty pathetic really.
If it’s coming to Xbox just keep quiet and let that fanbase be pleasantly surprised.
The one who leaked it is Tom Henderson. The Xbox guy leaked nothing and just wanted some easy clicks. Who knows if he has even real sources about this.

RaduN

Played 1 and 2 before. They're all like that but not to the same extent, 3 is where Kojima crossed the line.
Nope, they are all like that. The difference is that in the first two, the bosses are more tied to the narrative than some of them in 3 and 4.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Back to being shit again!

FFS - Stop playing with my heart...

One minute it's good, then it's shit.....then it's good again...Now it's shit!

Confused Kevin James GIF by TV Land

Spaceman292

Banned
Like seriously - who the fuck even asked for Metal Gear Solid 3 to be remade?
Complete waste of time and effort.

Remake MSX MG 1 and 2 - or release MGS4 on more platforms.
Or heres a thought - make a new entry in the series. Just picking 3 out of the blue is so dumb.
3 is the best one. No one cares about or remembers MG1 and MG2

cireza

Wow, thanks a lot for the information ! Thankfully it is not 2 minutes and 20 seconds...

Last edited:

Hugare

It's all the Snitch fault
At least the Snitch didnt give too much away

He always gave us just enough clues to figure out what it was all about

Then there are the Tom Henderson's "MGS 3 CONFIRMED 2 MINUTES AND 19 SECONS OF TRAILER" kind of leaker

Bartski

Gold Member
amazing how these asshloes try to squeeze every single drop of clout out of it and then there is the obligatory tweet reply from Roberto pretending he knows something, wink wink

RAIDEN1

I mean as I said previously you can spot it a mile away this will release in 2024....to coincide with the 20th anniversary of MGS 3...I'd be surprised if they decide to release it this year...I've barely got into the the 3rd part on the HD collection (thank you Xbox for making it available on this gen systems! Along with Peacewalker)

Top Bottom