• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 203 CM Punk vs Mickey Gall |OT| Like Mussolini and Kennedy

Status
Not open for further replies.
People see Rogan as the News Radio/Fear Factor/comedian guy who is an announcer for Mixed Martual Arts and forget that he's an announcer for fighting for a reason.
The motherfucker was showing GSFuckingP of all people how to do a proper sidekick.

Yeah I'm not saying 50 year old Joe is going to go out there and beat up Mickey Gall. I AM saying Joe at his peak and when he was in shape and was actively training martial arts was a better fighter than current Mickey Gall is.

I mean the only reason Joe didn't keep pursuing fighting was fear of head trauma.

Joe Rogan is an in Gi Black Belt under Jean Jacques Machado and a no Gi Black Belt under Eddie Bravo and you think he can't tap a Brown Belt?

I am becoming actually amazed at what people think about Mickey Gall. Like its shocking.

Yes current Joe at 50 couldn't likely fight and defeat Mickey Gall. He also doesn't train like he used to.

But a Prime Joe could beat him. And honestly right now he could more than likely tap Gall in a strictly BJJ match

There is a huge difference between a BJJ blackbelt who trains for enjoyment and BJJ brown belt who trains for competition. Particularly when one is twice the age of the other one.

There is a huge difference between a BJJ blackbelt who trains for enjoyment and BJJ brown belt who trains for competition. Particularly when one is twice the age of the other one.

There is a difference sure, but Joe is a legit Black Belt. He didn't just get it for fun. To think he couldn't tap a Brown belt in a strictly BJJ match if he was in shape and a little younger is crazy.

And a young Joe Rogan could probably just straight up KO Gall without even grappling

Honestly a phenomenal striking coach.

Just because you have a great coach doesn't mean you are talented

Yeah I don't think people here get that training over that short of a time period isn't gonna really drill in great reflexes when you're actually in a fight.

I feel really weird because I'm a big fan of Punk but I was not really happy with this fight being a thing to begin with. Lots of odd emotions rn.

As for everyone talking about Joe, I don't know how good his take down defense is/was but in his youth he absolutely would have the striking ability to knock Gall the fuck out if the fight managed to stay on the feet.

Yeah I'm not saying 50 year old Joe is going to go out there and beat up Mickey Gall. I AM saying Joe at his peak and when he was in shape and was actively training martial arts was a better fighter than current Mickey Gall is.

I mean the only reason Joe didn't keep pursuing fighting was fear of head trauma.
Rogan's a beast, the UFC will suck when he's gone.
He gets clowned on and sometimes he gets carried away but I'd take his insight calling fights over anyone's.

There is a difference sure, but Joe is a legit Black Belt. He didn't just get it for fun. To think he couldn't tap a Brown belt in a strictly BJJ match if he was in shape and a little younger is crazy.

And a young Joe Rogan could probably just straight up KO Gall without even grappling

But he isn't a little younger and he wasn't a black belt when he was. Ed O'Neil is a black belt in BJJ as well, would you favor him in a BJJ match over the purple belt who placed, let's say, 3rd in the Mundials?

I have no dog in "if _____ was at their prime" arguments but Rogan isn't a guy who trained just as a hobby. He fought competitively, though not professionally. The guy trained seriously. Probably still does train quite seriously.

I only point this out because I don't think he should be portrayed as a weekend warrior or a celeb who got some belts for shits and giggles.

But he isn't a little younger and he wasn't a black belt when he was. Ed O'Neil is a black belt in BJJ as well, would you favor him in a BJJ match over the purple belt who placed, let's say, 3rd in the Mundials?

No? This entire thing came from Punk vs Joe. Joe would still, at 50 actually destroy Punk in a fight it wouldn't even be competitive.

And comparing Ed O'Niel to even 50 year Joe Rogan is insane. Joe is still a physical beast. Gall would beat up Joe in an MMA fight I'm not saying that. I do think Joe could absolutely hang with him on the mat.

There is no doubt in my mind that Jericho would have done better.

Jericho: Lose weight?

SAGszpB.gif

Werdum vs Cain might draw more.

Junior Dos Santos had a war with Stipe and revisiting that would also be good.

I think you tell Cain he has to prove he can be healthy during training.

I think you have to take advantage of a healthy Cain while you got him and give him a title shot. Cain/Stipe would be a pretty big draw.

Fox318

I think you have to take advantage of a healthy Cain while you got him and give him a title shot. Cain/Stipe would be a pretty big draw.
Do I need to post gifs of Cain doing 100 leg extensions of 300 lbs as fast as possible?

Cain has fucked up so many booking and plans for the UFC.

He fucked up Brock
He fucked up on the UFC Fox debut
He fucks up with that idiot trainer
Him existing prevents DC from probably being the greatest heavyweight champion ever
He didn't take Mexico seriously
He recently helped cause the UFC to cancel a PPV.

I know he's incredible and he looked fantastic at 200 but I'm making him earn his booking spot before I build around a guy who is going to do 300 lb squats on a boso ball.

Right not Stipe is a champ who we may actually see 3 to 4 fights a year and the UFC hevyweight division doesn't have many of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom