• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Update on the Open Hand Charity Scam Is So Much Worse

near

Gold Member
Im so confused what is going on? Dont watch youtube people and have no idea who this guy is
Popular content creator hosts charity gaming streams for 10 odd years, never donated the money, gets called out for possible fraud. Decides it's time to donate, and is now looking into taking legal action against the guys who called him out for not donating in the first place.

Matt Leblanc Whatever GIF

Quantum253

It's almost like you give someone hundreds of thousands of dollars and are surprised when the books don't balance. The schemes are up though and probably the end of the channel/family business, etc.

ZoukGalaxy

That's easy money, what did you expect from human nature ?
If you want to donate, do it on your own will and to verified locals, don't wait for people to tell you what to do.

Shut0wen

Popular content creator hosts charity gaming streams for 10 odd years, never donated the money, gets called out for possible fraud. Decides it's time to donate, and is now looking into taking legal action against the guys who called him out for not donating in the first place.

Matt Leblanc Whatever GIF
I thought he provided evidence to say he didnt do it? Guessing his evidence was bullshit?

Shifty1897

I thought he provided evidence to say he didnt do it? Guessing his evidence was bullshit?
Yes, the evidence was bullshit that didn't exonerate him from any of the accusations. Also dude included random out of pocket stuff like his mom's autopsy report in the evidence files.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member

The "response" video was less evidence of his innocence, and more what a guilty man would put out there after weeks of working with a team of lawyers and PR people.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

What's interesting in all of this is that I vaguely knew who The Completionist was, just never cared for his content. Then the Friends Per Second podcast was born, and I learned more about him. I only listened because I dug SkillUp's stuff, but quickly became a fan of the podcast overall. That being said, it didn't take long for me to get weird vibes from Jirard. I didn't know why, but something about him I just didn't really care for or feel fond about. Which for me is strange because I don't get that feeling often. Then this all happened, and that same part of me wasn't surprised one bit, lol.

It's going to be interesting to see how this all goes down, because him trying to speak up for himself really didn't help the situation for him at all. He seemed so confident about it too, lol.

Tangerine

Fucking love this show growing up
Actor who played father ted died far too young.

The writer Graham lineham who did IT crowd too, turned out to be a piece of shit sadly imo. That whole fiasco...

He tried to cancel count dankular for his nazi pug joke on YouTube.

Then he got canceled for being a terf by the trans activists.

Then he posts an apology video to count dankular (aired during a live comedy show roasting count dankular) after karma bites him in his arse and he has a taste of what he did to dank.

So now he's sort of okay again as far as I know. A bit of a redemption arc.

Anyway, I can still separate the art from the artist. Father ted was a family staple growing up.

Feck! Arse! Girls!

Last edited:

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Imagine watching and supporting YouTubers and Influencers. Now imagine being surprised that many of them do shiesty shit. What a world we live in today.

Top Bottom