• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are your hype levels for GOW Ragnarok?

Hype levels for Ragnarok?

• I'm tweaking out and shaking, hype levels insane

Votes: 43 19.5%
  • I'm expecting a great game but I'm not that hyped

Votes: 98 44.5%
  • No hype at all

Votes: 73 33.2%
  • Screw you Sony

Votes: 6 2.7%

• Total voters

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
On one hand, GOW was the game of the gen so can't be anything but a masterpiece, but on the other hand it looks almost exactly like GOW 1

I think this could very well be even better than GOW 1, but because the game looks so similar I'm not really that hyped.

It was the same for my Doom Eternal hype levels because the game didn't look like very much of an upgrade, but then I played it and realised how much they innovated gameplay.

Hopefully the same is done with GOW.

lets-do-it-chris-farley.gif

Banjo64

cumsessed
Will be a safe 9/10. Nothing genre pushing, combat that makes you feel like a super hero with its lock on, decent writing that people overhype, great graphics. I am going to platinum it at some point but I’m not buying it on release. Got a huge backlog and want to buy Splatoon 3 and a whole host of other games as well as complete Requiem on Game Pass.

Certinty

Not hyped at all and I enjoyed the first game enough to platinum it.

It’s just nothing they’ve shown looks any different to the first game. There’s been nothing at all to wow and catch my attention.

Not too hyped, but Im sure it will be awesome. I hope it’s like doom eternal level of iteration on the gameplay that’d be amazing

Robb

Gold Member
Probably second option. I’m expecting more of the same, and that’s far from a bad thing in this case.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Will be a safe 9/10. Nothing genre pushing, combat that makes you feel like a super hero with its lock on, decent writing that people overhype, great graphics. I am going to platinum it at some point but I’m not buying it on release. Got a huge backlog and want to buy Splatoon 3 and a whole host of other games as well as complete Requiem on Game Pass.

There was lock on in the original? I sure don't remember that.

Fredrik

I’m waiting for the PS+ Premium game-catalogue release so I don’t allow myself to be hyped yet. Will no doubt get there eventually.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Loved 2018...like absolutely sick game...I'm probs at. 7.5 to 8 on the new game after that barely 2 minute videos. Looks identical to 2018 to me and blatantly a ps4 assed ps4 game... sadge.

Jormatar

As hyped as I was for Elden Ring earlier in the year. It's pretty special to have two of these potential game of the generation type of games releasing during the same year. Reminds me of 2018 when GoW and RDR2 launched.

//DEVIL//

Honestly zero. I am a huge god of war fan before the stupid reboot.
Especially 3. The PS4 version was boring and slow compared to the masterpiece 3 it was.

God damn that game was my favourite game on PS3/4

This new one coming ? I'll just watch the story and cut scenes on YouTube and call it a day. I didn't find the combat fun at all.

Of course the media will get paid and thriving for a decent game like they did the first one and the second one will get another fake 10 heh

Last edited:
I adored GoW 2018. Absolutely fantastic game, but it had its flaws. Painful walking sections, slow meticulous movement, and a lack of replay value. Compare that to almost any previous GoW game that I have been 5-9 times, I still have only ever finished GoW 2018… once.

Not too sure how to feel on the sequel. I am worried that the writers have gone full slacktivist and, given the idiocy on display from a number of the folks in that studio… it worries me what the final product will be.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Plays nothing like a souls game

I've played only a little dark souls, but from what I have played from then emenies are tough and you have to dodge and I think counter.

Games like star wars fallen order and god of war feel more like a souls game then the previous god of wars or other arcadey Slashers.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
0 hype.

That doesn't mean 0 interest. I know it will be a good game. I loved the first one. But I have not seen anything that actually is getting me hyped at all. Not a new weapon or story hook it anything. Still trying to figure out if I will buy it day one or day 365.

I'll play it and enjoy it, but the I never understood the hype for the first one, so I'm sure the general opinion of Ragnarok will be much higher than my opinion. Hype probably at 4 or 5 out of 10.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Your interest had to be above 1, if you came in here to comment or you would of skipped this thread altogether.
Nope, I comment on lots of threads on GAF that I have no interest in, I've been here for almost 2 decades :p. Its Friday night and I'm waiting on dinner to get done.

Last edited:

Esca

I wonder how many times he'll say boy in this one
No hype from me. Only way I may and I emphasize may try it is when it comes in to a ps service. Furthest i could get in the first one was beating the elf area not far into the game. Tried 3 different times to try and get into it.

I see this one and I'm just glad I'm saving money now

I'll be waiting for Digital Foundry and NXGAMER to share there findings before I buy, I'll put it that way.

"I'm expecting a great game but I'm not that hyped."

SeraphJan

Its going to be a great game, but I'm not interested.

I prefer original GoW formula instead of the new souls-like approach

If we are talking about a proper Remake of the original 1&2 with modern graphic, my hype level would be 10/10

Last edited:

Sosokrates

I'll be waiting for Digital Foundry and NXGAMER to share there findings before I buy, I'll put it that way.

"I'm expecting a great game but I'm not that hyped."
I wouldn't expect more then Horizon:fw in terms of visuals, I actually think it won't look as good as that game. Though I think set pieces will be more impresive in Ragnarok.

SeraphJan

I wouldn't expect more then Horizon:fw in terms of visuals, I actually think it won't look as good as that game. Though I think set pieces will be more impresive in Ragnarok.
I would expect better character model but less environmental detail

sendit

I've played only a little dark souls, but from what I have played from then emenies are tough and you have to dodge and I think counter.

Games like star wars fallen order and god of war feel more like a souls game then the previous god of wars or other arcadey Slashers.

Star Wars Fallen Order yes. God of War no. It doesn't even have a stamina bar. Both Star Wars Fallen Order and Souls are built around this concept.

Sosokrates

Star Wars Fallen Order yes. God of War no. It doesn't even have a stamina bar. Both Star Wars Fallen Order and Souls are built around this concept.
Gow and fo are similar though, you can play them the same, they both have the yellow + red attack power indicators and you can parry and dodge the same way. You play the games the same way, but obviously in one your flinging you're light saber and using force push and the other you're throwing your axe and doing a running bash with your shield.

Last edited:

sendit

Gow and fo are similar though, you can play them the same, they both have the yellow + red attack power indicators and you can parry and dodge the same way. You play the games the same way, but obviously in one your flinging you're light saber and using force push and the other you're throwing your axe and doing a running bash with your shield.
I disagree. You have to constantly back peddle in FO and Souls games to regen stamina. You don't have to do this in God of War. This changes the whole dynamics of the combat.

SeraphJan

I disagree. You have to constantly back peddle in FO and Souls games to regen stamina. You don't have to do this in God of War. This changes the whole dynamics of the combat.
FO don't have stamina bar, GoW also have ability cooldown (which is similar to force bar that is for special attack only), the difference are quantitative not qualitative, the similarity outweighs difference

The difference between Ninja Gaiden and DMC are far greater than the difference between GoW and Fallen Order, but people still consider Ninja Gaiden and DMC to be the similar and constantly comparing these two

Last edited:

Sosokrates

Yes but there are several similarities I mentioned. While not being exactly the same GOW certainly took some ideas for souls combat,more then any other game I can think of.

Regardless of stamina you still beat baddies the same way in both Gow and fo I just dodge or parry and attack, they both rely on good observation,reflexes and timing

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Expecting a really good game and will be getting day one, but not super hyped or excited. More excited for Callisto Protocol.

Top Bottom