• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are your hype levels for GOW Ragnarok?

Hype levels for Ragnarok?

• I'm tweaking out and shaking, hype levels insane

Votes: 43 19.5%
  • I'm expecting a great game but I'm not that hyped

Votes: 98 44.5%
  • No hype at all

Votes: 73 33.2%
  • Screw you Sony

Votes: 6 2.7%

• Total voters

Haggard

Banned
Pretty much zero at this point. I really liked the 2018 GoW, but getting another PS4 based identical looking game more than 4 years later is just a letdown.
I'm sure it will be a great game and I will play it at some point, but hype... Nope.

Last edited:
I'll be using some annual leave days (carried over from last year) to play this, just waiting on an official PS5 Ragnarok bundle.

I've got no issue with what I've seen so far but we've only seen about 4 mins of what's going to be an approx. 30hr game.

And as I have a half decent gaming PC, with a 3070, I'm not obsessed by graphics but for the the people who are, they have the option of waiting 3/4 years for it show up on PC.

Regarding gameplay, hoping to see things like:
  • Deeper combat mechanics, more moves and more ways to approach enemies
  • A few more major boss battles (compared to 2018)
  • Optional bosses like Valkyries
  • Playable Atreus to mix things up
  • Thor's hammer having a very different feel to the Axe and Blades (and maybe one other new weapon)

Last edited:

sendit

Honestly zero. I am a huge god of war fan before the stupid reboot.
Especially 3. The PS4 version was boring and slow compared to the masterpiece 3 it was.

God damn that game was my favourite game on PS3/4

This new one coming ? I'll just the story and cut scenes on YouTube and call it a day. I didn't find the combat fun at all.

Of course the media will get paid and thriving for a decent game like they did the first one and the second one will get another fake 10 heh

Opposite. I can't stand games that have combat like Bayonetta/Devil May Cry/Old God of War. Give me a more visceral tactile approach any day.

Banned
it's gonna be a solid 8.0/10 is what I expect.
I'd give the first (fourth) one a 7.5 so I expect it to be better for sure, but I'm not overly hyped.

No hype whatsoever. Sony don’t seem to wanna show more gameplay or release any trailers. Luckily we got that game informer video today other than that it’s been quiet as a whisper. Sony really are a bit weird this gen, last gen they hit all the right notes and this gen seems like they’ll do what they want when they want.

Weren’t we supposed to get some state of play as well?

drotahorror

Loved 2018, and I'm looking forward to this one, but my hype is kind of non-existent. It doesn't look much better and the combat looks almost the same. Just looks like more of the same. Not a bad thing but I expected a bit more I guess.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Its just a game like every other games, and look like the previous God of War so I guess ok.

Last edited:

tommib

I have Premium too. I'm still just confused how the extra stuff can be so good, but the premium content is worthless.
It’s shocking, man. Where’s Tomb Raider, Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill, King’s Field, Vib Ribbon, Destruction Derby… They’re not even trying.

Jennings

GjWv6q9.gif

Mossybrew

Honestly meh, I'm sure it will be entertaining, but honestly it's just not a thing I am all that excited about, and I say this as an exclusive PS gamer.

Dibils2k

the more i see it the less excited i am. it just looks identical, but i know they must have some stuff under their sleeve and i know i will still enjoy playing it as i played through GoW like 3 times

GymWolf

The gigantic hype is inherently there because the previous one was my number 2 gotg from past gen.

But i would lie saying that i was impressed by literally anything they showed, like at all, from graphic to samey feeling to the sensation that this game was made by team B because corey is probably working on a new ip to the fucking crossgen shit.

Angrboda model, the new dwarf dude with the octopus and ryan hurst voicing thor were the best things tbh.

So it is still a day one with prolonged erection everytime i'm gonna play it, but not the upgrade i was expecting.

Last edited:

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
It looks like more of the same, like an expansion pack, so no hype at all. God Of War 2 released 2 years after the first one and that was ok. But waiting for 4 years to play the exact same game is not ok(especially after a generational leap in consoles).

Chukhopops

Looks good but not Day 1 full price good, bought GoW 2018 for 20 once it was part of the « PlayStation hits » collection. This one can wait a year or so until it’s half price.

Can’t see myself playing this close to Bayonetta 3.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
I am one of the few that didn’t like the other one, looked unreal but I didn’t gel with it. Still look forward to this one though

T-Cake

The last several games from SIE have not done anything for me -

Spider-man - couldn't get in to as I really hated the swinging and combat (especially coming straight from Batman Arkham games)
God of War - got about half way and moved on
The Last Of Us Pt II - I did actually enjoy this but I only got half way before they pulled it from PS Now
Ghost of Tsushima - total meh, hated that right from the beginning
Horizon Forbidden West - damp squib after the first excellent one

So I'm not even bothering with Ragnarok.

Last edited:

kyussman

I don't have a PS5 yet and it won't be a system seller for me.I have always enjoyed the GOW games and liked the last one but this looks like more of the same which is honestly what I would expect......not a bad thing but nothing I can't wait to play.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Not hyped at all and I enjoyed the first game enough to platinum it.

It’s just nothing they’ve shown looks any different to the first game. There’s been nothing at all to wow and catch my attention.

Same.

GOW 2018 is one of my favourite games of all time. It was such a drastic and incredible reboot, but this sequel isn't doing it for me.

It just doesn't look really different at all to the last game. I was expecting more for a sequel on PS5. Nothing I've seen so far has wowed me.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
I mean I am not saying its going to be a bad game or anything but it looks like a DLC to the first game

the-interview-james-franco.gif

amscanner

It would be fine game because 2018 one was good. But I cannot see any innovation or excitement in their reveal and it seems to be like safe - boring samey sequel. So I have zero hype now.

Exentryk

Can't get a PS5, so not much hype to be honest. If I could walk into a store and get one, I'd probably be more excited. I'm sure the game will be good.

Might just wait till PS5 Pro.

Last edited:

tommib

It would be fine game because 2018 one was good. But I cannot see any innovation or excitement in their reveal and it seems to be like safe - boring samey sequel. So I have zero hype now.
I have no horse in this race since these games don’t do it for me but I don’t get this reasoning. Wasn’t this game loved and praised by everyone and getting it again basically means you’re getting another blowjob? I don’t get this new thing of “it’s the same”. Metroid Prime Trilogy, God of War on PS2, you could also say they’re the same but that’s exactly what you want when you love a game, no? I don’t get it.

I have no horse in this race since these games don’t do it for me but I don’t get this reasoning. Wasn’t this game loved and praised by everyone and getting it again basically means you’re getting another blowjob? I don’t get this new thing of “it’s the same”. Metroid Prime Trilogy, God of War on PS2, you could also say they’re the same but that’s exactly what you want when you love a game, no? I don’t get it.

If there's not a significant visual difference then the gameplay should be completely different, otherwise it may as well just be DLC

Last edited:

GymWolf

You can do a blowjob by only sucking the tip or you can do deep throat, use the tongue, use the hands, balls work, finger in the ass in your case etc.

As of right now, ragnarock seems more like only sucking from a prude girl with asthma and easy reflux, still good but how better it could be?!

Last edited:

Venom Snake

Hype? There is no need for any hype right now, it will naturally manifest itself as you play.

Hold your load for when it's needed. :messenger_winking:

Mr Hyde

Hyped, but not day 1 hyped. Gonna be amazing no doubt, but I'll get it later down the road. Valkyrie Elysium and Callisto Protocol looks more interesting right now.

Top Bottom