• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are your hype levels for GOW Ragnarok?

Hype levels for Ragnarok?

• I'm tweaking out and shaking, hype levels insane

Votes: 43 19.5%
  • I'm expecting a great game but I'm not that hyped

Votes: 98 44.5%
  • No hype at all

Votes: 73 33.2%
  • Screw you Sony

Votes: 6 2.7%

• Total voters

Javthusiast

Banned
My hype levels are:

Bought GoW 2018 for 70€, played for 3 hours, procrastinated never got to it again, watched majority of the game through streamers I follow.

Need to play it fully first before I can get hyped for the second.

After all that still prefer scope and scale and gameplay of og gow. GoW 2 the best.

SeraphJan

My hype levels are:

Bought GoW 2018 for 70€, played for 3 hours, procrastinated never got to it again, watched majority of the game through streamers I follow.

Need to play it fully first before I can get hyped for the second.

After all that still prefer scope and scale and gameplay of og gow. GoW 2 the best.
The original 1&2 are the absolute best, the over the top presentation, fast paced combat segment separated by puzzle segments in between forms a flawless game loop, keeping that same loop but with slowly ramping up the flow creates the perfect pacing from beginning to end, there is not a single boring moment. My hype level for a 1&2 remake with modern graphic is over the roof. GoW 2018 had serious pacing issue IMO.

Some criticize the original 1&2 being too arcady, but I prefer that formula over the souls clone any time

Last edited:
On one hand, GOW was the game of the gen so can't be anything but a masterpiece, but on the other hand it looks almost exactly like GOW 1

I think this could very well be even better than GOW 1, but because the game looks so similar I'm not really that hyped.

It was the same for my Doom Eternal hype levels because the game didn't look like very much of an upgrade, but then I played it and realised how much they innovated gameplay.

Hopefully the same is done with GOW.

lets-do-it-chris-farley.gif
God Of War 2018 was not Game of the Year, let alone Game of the Gen, unless you were a dad at the time. Dads brainwashed by their daily fatherly duties and playing out a video game dad fantasy to end all dad fantasies.

Red Dead Redemption 2 was hands-down Game of the Year 2018 for this childless wonder.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Game will be fun for sure but I'm not hyped, which I really was for the first game. Not that it looks bad or anything (it looks good) but knowing what to expect for the game, as it looks so similar to the first one, kinda kills the expectation and wonder about it for me.

Still looking forward to play it, but not in the near future. I'll wait until either the PC port or Sony giving me enough reasons to get a PS5. No way I'm playing this on my PS4, I'm sure the game deserves better. (60fps)

Last edited:

AndrewRyan

My hype for Ragnarok is very similar to my hype for Horizon Forbidden West. Loved zero-dawn and looking forward to forbidden-west but just not in a hurry due to so many great games in backlog.

I fully expect it to review and sell well but I'm not gonna go out of my way to get it day 1 but I will eventually play it. I'm more excited about the new Mario+Rabbids and Return to Monkey Island or going through my backlog than GOW.

fart town usa

Gold Member
No hype at all from me but I'm really stoked for all of you who are geeked on it.

Hope the game exceeds your expectations.

Fbh

I'm looking forward to playing it but I won't be buying it at launch.
So far the marketing and everything they've shown of the game has looked so tame, it all gives en extremely strong "more of the same" feeling. That's not necessarily bad since the first game was fantastic but it's also not getting me excited to play this ASAP.

Said it in another thread but while everyone talks about the graphics not being that much better to me it's just how samey everything looks. I need a trailer showing me hints of awesome new locations, crazy boss battles or something like that

Knightime_X

I'm quite interested in GOW:R but I still need to get around to beating GOW.
The newer games didn't excite me like OG gow games did.

Top Bottom