• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which SMOBILE PSN dumpster trash "run game" is for YOU?

AGRacing

There are a lot of difficult decisions to make lately on the PSN store. What if you spent 10 bucks on "Pickle Run" only to find out you're a "Taco Run" guy? I'm going to try and give you a hand.

1. Donut Run
xkQyEM5.jpg

Check out this happy little guy. He's going to run to the right and jump and pick up stuff. He's what we call in North America a "donut". It's a regional delicacy. Anyway - you and this guy can pick up a Platinum trophy in like 2 minutes. Are you into donuts? This might be the one.

2. Ninja Run
FiYxmlb.jpg

Remember Donut Run? This is a lot like that except the little guy isn't a donut - it's a Ninja. Remember Ninja Turtles? Well imagine if they weren't turtles. (Unrelated : "Turtle Run" is rumored to be released in Q2 2023.

3. Pickle Run
zkVGbv4.jpg

Ok so this one is a pickle. I'm not a fan of this one because I'm suspicious that this guy is a sweet pickle and I'm only into dill pickles. If you're not as picky about pickles this might be a great choice. It's not for me.

4. Burger Run
vBe8r0S.jpg

Americans LOVE Hamburgers. That's why these capitalist PIGS over at 'smobile' are trying to trick you into double dipping by ALSO releasing a game called "Burger FUN". DON'T FALL FOR IT. Burger FUN is NOTHING like BURGER RUN.... except that it obviously uses all the same assets. Burger RUN is pretty good... like if you're in the mood for dinner. I'd do probably Burger Run at dinner time and Donut Run in the morning.

5. Pizza Run
EJdDq23.jpg

Unsettling. Someone made a BAD call here by taking the artistic decision to actually have this pizza partially eaten. Should be rated T for teen but isn't. Now you have to explain to your children what happened to this pizza. Plus the Pizza's hitbox actually behaves like there's a slice there when there isn't. This game felt rushed.

6. Coffee Run
zdSWgLS.jpg

Playing a lot of Donut Run in the morning? Well I've got the perfect compliment to that game.... Coffee Run. I'm reluctant to recommend this at full price... because it quite honestly should have been DLC to Donut Run. Also you can't take advantage of the steaming hot coffee you're carrying when fighting enemies. The cup is charming, however....

7. Taco Run
YQkSm8Z.jpg

Buenos Dias Amigos!! It's Taco Run!!!!
... watching this poor little Taco Run in the desert it suddenly struck me... are these cute little guys running toward something? Or away from something else? I hope these questions are explored in Burrito Run.. coming in Q4.

8. Space Run
Bri1b6t.jpg

.... you can't run in space. This game is fucking stupid.

9. Sushi Run
hg8i4bl.jpg

My personal favorite. This little piece of salmon on rice will melt your heart.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
The OP is hilarious, but why are all of these "Run" games ad "jump" games with 2 - 3 minutes to max out trophies allowed? I mean they don't really seem like actual games.

AGRacing

The OP is hilarious, but why are all of these "Run" games ad "jump" games with 2 - 3 minutes to max out trophies allowed? I mean they don't really seem like actual games.
Thanks.

I actually checked out a video of "Sushi Run" when I wrote it... The guy had a Platinum in 2 minutes... that's real. It's trophy "inflation"!

I'm a Jumping man myself. Burritos, Tacos, Fries, Soda. They're all just great. And those Turbo versions? Chef kiss.

Thank you Sony for putting the newest games on the front of your store, no questions asked. Otherwise, we might miss out on the same fantastic games re-releasing every week under a slightly new name. Bravo.

BreakOut

Don’t even get me started, I’m totally at a loss for words whenever I look at the new games category. I’m actually uncomfortable making purchases on indie games because I’m not sure which ones are asset flip bullshit and which are just retro inspired.

Shifty

... watching this poor little Taco Run in the desert it suddenly struck me... are these cute little guys running toward something? Or away from something else? I hope these questions are explored in Burrito Run.. coming in Q4.
Dios Mio! I have the answer right here muchacho:

Fox Mulder

If Sony doesn’t care their store is flooded with trash, why should anyone? A couple developers sell cheap no effort games to a small group of people really addicted to trophies. They even have multiple region releases to stack multiple platinums.

Who is really going to brag to their friends about having 100 platinums if it’s all this garbage? It’s just for people that care about platinum leaderboards on a couple sites.

Aranea

I honestly don't like any of the games from Smobile. I do however like the PSN avatars they used to sold. Many of them were EU region store exclusive.

MrA

Because sony (or Nintendo or valve) still gets money when you buy them
If you want perplexingly bad check out the latest releases on the 3ds

AGRacing

Because sony (or Nintendo or valve) still gets money when you buy them
If you want perplexingly bad check out the latest releases on the 3ds
I love the idea of buying one of these games on a platform with NO achievements or trophies. Just for the love of the run baby!!!

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Just so everyone here doesn't think PlayStation has a monopoly on the most awesome of games like Pickle Run, Taco Run, Burger Run and Burger Fun, I shamelessly stole this from another site.

Apparently is WAS posted on the Xbox store but some hateful person (probably Phil) took it down. But there is still this awesome YouTube video of God of War on Xbox.
War Gods Zeus of child

AGRacing

Just so everyone here doesn't think PlayStation has a monopoly on the most awesome of games like Pickle Run, Taco Run, Burger Run and Burger Fun, I shamelessly stole this from another site.

Apparently is WAS posted on the Xbox store but some hateful person (probably Phil) took it down. But there is still this awesome YouTube video of God of War on Xbox.
War Gods Zeus of child

This is amazing. Only on Xbox does Kratos possess the power of simply walking beyond all perceptible reality.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
There are a lot of difficult decisions to make lately on the PSN store. What if you spent 10 bucks on "Pickle Run" only to find out you're a "Taco Run" guy? I'm going to try and give you a hand.

1. Donut Run
xkQyEM5.jpg

Check out this happy little guy. He's going to run to the right and jump and pick up stuff. He's what we call in North America a "donut". It's a regional delicacy. Anyway - you and this guy can pick up a Platinum trophy in like 2 minutes. Are you into donuts? This might be the one.

2. Ninja Run
FiYxmlb.jpg

Remember Donut Run? This is a lot like that except the little guy isn't a donut - it's a Ninja. Remember Ninja Turtles? Well imagine if they weren't turtles. (Unrelated : "Turtle Run" is rumored to be released in Q2 2023.

3. Pickle Run
zkVGbv4.jpg

Ok so this one is a pickle. I'm not a fan of this one because I'm suspicious that this guy is a sweet pickle and I'm only into dill pickles. If you're not as picky about pickles this might be a great choice. It's not for me.

4. Burger Run
vBe8r0S.jpg

Americans LOVE Hamburgers. That's why these capitalist PIGS over at 'smobile' are trying to trick you into double dipping by ALSO releasing a game called "Burger FUN". DON'T FALL FOR IT. Burger FUN is NOTHING like BURGER RUN.... except that it obviously uses all the same assets. Burger RUN is pretty good... like if you're in the mood for dinner. I'd do probably Burger Run at dinner time and Donut Run in the morning.

5. Pizza Run
EJdDq23.jpg

Unsettling. Someone made a BAD call here by taking the artistic decision to actually have this pizza partially eaten. Should be rated T for teen but isn't. Now you have to explain to your children what happened to this pizza. Plus the Pizza's hitbox actually behaves like there's a slice there when there isn't. This game felt rushed.

6. Coffee Run
zdSWgLS.jpg

Playing a lot of Donut Run in the morning? Well I've got the perfect compliment to that game.... Coffee Run. I'm reluctant to recommend this at full price... because it quite honestly should have been DLC to Donut Run. Also you can't take advantage of the steaming hot coffee you're carrying when fighting enemies. The cup is charming, however....

7. Taco Run
YQkSm8Z.jpg

8. Space Run
Bri1b6t.jpg

.... you can't run in space. This game is fucking stupid.

9. Sushi Run
hg8i4bl.jpg

My personal favorite. This little piece of salmon on rice will melt your heart.
This is my favorite thread of 2022 so far. Bookmarked 🏃‍♂️

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
I’m so fucking happy games like this started flooding the store. I developed quite a trophy addiction through ps3 and ps4. Games like these actually helped me break the habit and get back to enjoying games for what they are, instead of hunting.
To clarify, I mean because they are obviously released to boost trophy counts, it’s no longer fun hunting trophies in other games because of this. Thank you smobile.

Last edited:
Top Bottom