• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why I think the PS5 reveal event deserves 10/10?

Dont worry. Lots of call of duty and assasins creed to come to bridge the time.
Gta5 enhanced? Oh you were expecting good games for launch? 😂😂😂😂 You need to learn a lot young grasshoper.
Wax on wax off lol
I really don't understand why cod with its horrendous low skill gap bulletsponge gameplay sells so well. After Oddyseey ascreed recaptured my interest tbf. But oh well sometimes you get attacked by fans for posting your thoughts.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
tell it to the devs, it is coming to PS4 and pc

this is from the official press kit

Maybe change of plans? It's not included in the trailer, like other games that will come to PS4. Jump to the end:

Last edited:

Wizz-Art

More like 10/20. Other then GT7 there wasn't anything else that really impressed me and the console itself is butt ugly. Gonna laugh my ass of if I see it in someone's living room, can't help it.

More like 10/20. Other then GT7 there wasn't anything else that really impressed me and the console itself is butt ugly. Gonna laugh my ass of if I see it in someone's living room, can't help it.

I think the worst part about GT7 were the horrible visible pop-in across the whole trailer. Can't believe that this is the case with that SSD.

Wizz-Art

I think the worst part about GT7 were the horrible visible pop-in across the whole trailer. Can't believe that this is the case with that SSD.

Didn't really notice to be honest as I watched it on a tablet while laying in bed. But if that's the case I also can't believe it after how hyped the SSD was.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
GT7 gameplay and cutscenes screenshots

49996594442_1b9ae274b5_4k.jpg

49995821418_e572d80657_4k.jpg

49996343526_9b616abd64_4k.jpg

49996596052_8e7fb61fe1_4k.jpg

49995822378_ce21eb69ce_4k.jpg

49996596592_cf628f2f07_4k.jpg

49995822863_aa131f4e74_4k.jpg

49996344886_aa8b864d04_4k.jpg

Bankai

Good opinion piece Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem !

I'm very excited as well, it was a fantastic show with so much variety ánd the unveiling of the hardware. What more could we ask for? :)

I am most excited for:
- Ratchet & Clank (SSD & RT baby)
- Sackboy (platform goodness)
- Little Devil Inside (WOW!!)
- Kena (awesome vibes!)
- Horizon II (can't wait)

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Good opinion piece Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem !

I'm very excited as well, it was a fantastic show with so much variety ánd the unveiling of the hardware. What more could we ask for? :)

I am most excited for:
- Ratchet & Clank (SSD & RT baby)
- Sackboy (platform goodness)
- Little Devil Inside (WOW!!)
- Kena (awesome vibes!)
- Horizon II (can't wait)

Yes! Those small games actually seem very nice. I love playing many kinds of games, cartoony games are great break from gore and violence :) And I think current gen has neglected kido games really badly. That's why, as a father, would consider the Switch for my kids and keep the juicy PS5 for me.:messenger_smiling_horns:

Mr Hyde

Overall I thought the show was pretty mediocre, but that is to be expected. I rarely get excited by these types of events anyway. I do think I prefer the stage show over these digital events though. Anyhoo, nothing of that really matters because they showed DEMON'S SOULS!! so it's an automatic 10/10, Haha.

Other games that looked interesting was of course Square Enix Project Athia. It's good to see SE make good use of the luminous engine. At first I thought it was Agnis Philosophy but it seems it's something completely else. Very excited either way. I think Square Enix is one of the best developers and publishers today, they constantly put out quality stuff and Athia seems to be no exception.

Resident Evil 8 looked pretty fucking cool to. Capcom continues Ethans storyline from seven,and this time I hope Chris gets more screentime. I honestly can't wait for this. I'm a huuuge Resi fan and I loved seven so it's gonna be a wild ride with this one.

Horizon 2 is gonna be fantastic. I feel it in my bones. Loved the first one. One of the best games I played this gen, and one of the best exclusives on PS4. Can't wait for the sequel. Gonna do a NG+ on HZD before launch of the sequel.

Those are the big four I was into. The rest was pretty meh. Ratchet looked cool and it gives off a couple of hints on how dev's can utilize the SSD to build new worlds, that was really cool, but I've never cared much about Ratchet. Only played like half a game.

Spiderman 2 looked liked Spiderman 1 and I was not a big fan of the first so I'll pass. Maybe on sale and if I'm in a good mood but nah, I probably won't bother.

Well opinion. Did you ever eaten apple soup? :messenger_winking_tongue: Wonderful.
You need to play Demon's Souls if you ever want to become initiated into Sony Interactive Entertainment.

I disagree with you regarding GTA V, but I'm with you that GTA IV is the superior one for the same reasons (narrative, sheer masterclass in technical development, etc).

I'd give this event a solid 8/10 and almost all the games shown were great.

It was one of the best showings from Sony that's for sure. I went in with lower expectations as I didnt want to be burned like the Road to PS5 event.

But getting Horizon 2, Spiderman and Demon Souls plus a massive variety of really great looking new IP and indies was great. A full blown GT7 was a massive cherry on top, which I had no idea was a thing until a few days ago.

The whole show was very well made and the console reveal was great, I love the futuristic design.

I'd give it 9/10, minus one point for the Silent Hill no show (I don't think its coming now unfortunately).

Bo_Hazem

Banned
You need to play Demon's Souls if you ever want to become initiated into Sony Interactive Entertainment.

I disagree with you regarding GTA V, but I'm with you that GTA IV is the superior one for the same reasons (narrative, sheer masterclass in technical development, etc).

I'd give this event a solid 8/10 and almost all the games shown were great.

Well, your opinions is well respected!

oldergamer

So for launch titles, that are indeed exclusive to sony ( not including timed console exclusives that MS has been chastised for in the past)

Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales (PS5 Exclusive, PS Studios)
Project Athia (PS5 Exclusive)
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (PS5 Exclusive, PS Studios)
Stray (PS5 Timed Console Exclusive, Available on PC)
Returnal (PS5 Exclusive, PS Studios)
Destruction AllStars (PS5 Exclusive, PS Studios)
Sackboy A Big Adventure (PS5 Exclusive, PS Studios)
Oddworld Soulstorm (PS4/PS5 Timed Console Exclusive, Available on PC)
Kena: Bridge of Spirits (PS5 Timed Console Exclusive, Available on PC)
Goodbye Volcano High (PS4/PS5 Timed Console Exclusive, Available on PC)
GhostWire: Tokyo (PS5 Timed Console Exclusive, Available on PC)
JETT: The Far Shore (PS4/PS5 Timed Console Exclusive, Available on PC)
Godfall (PS5 Timed Console Exclusive, Available on PC)
Gran Turismo 7 (PS5 Exclusive, PS Studios)
Solar Ash (PS4/PS5 Timed Console Exclusive, Available on PC)
Demon's Souls (PS5 Exclusive, PS Studios)
DEATHLOOP (PS5 Timed Console Exclusive, Available on PC)
Little Devil Inside (PS4/PS5 Timed Console Exclusive, Available on PC)
Horizon Forbidden West (PS5 Exclusive, PS Studios)
Astro's Playroom (PS5 Exclusive, PS Studios)

So 4 games for launch that are really first party exclusive? and no price announced?

oldergamer

We will see what MS has for first party launch titles, but hard to get excited for this list when majority of games looked like PS4 titles, and it looks like most are paid/timed exclusives.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
So for launch titles, that are indeed exclusive to sony ( not including timed console exclusives that MS has been chastised for in the past)

Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales (PS5 Exclusive, PS Studios)
Project Athia (PS5 Exclusive)
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (PS5 Exclusive, PS Studios)
Stray (PS5 Timed Console Exclusive, Available on PC)
Returnal (PS5 Exclusive, PS Studios)
Destruction AllStars (PS5 Exclusive, PS Studios)
Sackboy A Big Adventure (PS5 Exclusive, PS Studios)
Oddworld Soulstorm (PS4/PS5 Timed Console Exclusive, Available on PC)
Kena: Bridge of Spirits (PS5 Timed Console Exclusive, Available on PC)
Goodbye Volcano High (PS4/PS5 Timed Console Exclusive, Available on PC)
GhostWire: Tokyo (PS5 Timed Console Exclusive, Available on PC)
JETT: The Far Shore (PS4/PS5 Timed Console Exclusive, Available on PC)
Godfall (PS5 Timed Console Exclusive, Available on PC)
Gran Turismo 7 (PS5 Exclusive, PS Studios)
Solar Ash (PS4/PS5 Timed Console Exclusive, Available on PC)
Demon's Souls (PS5 Exclusive, PS Studios)
DEATHLOOP (PS5 Timed Console Exclusive, Available on PC)
Little Devil Inside (PS4/PS5 Timed Console Exclusive, Available on PC)
Horizon Forbidden West (PS5 Exclusive, PS Studios)
Astro's Playroom (PS5 Exclusive, PS Studios)

So 4 games for launch that are really first party exclusive? and no price announced?

I'm not sure what kind of mathematics is that. 9x PS5 permanent exclusives out there, I hope it wasn't intentional.

GymWolf

A severe lack of gameplay for your big bombs is enough to not give a 10 or even a 9 to this event.

I was expecting at least 1-2 long gameplay for spiderman or horizon or fucking something...

I mean ffs spiderman come out in what, 6 months?! and you don't have even 3 min of real gameplay? Who thought this was a good idea?

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
i like the style and i'm really curious about current gen version

For PS at least it'll only be available on PS5. Not sure about Xbox, or maybe after the timed exclusive it'll release on PS4 as well with others.

A severe lack of gameplay for your big bombs is enough to not give a 10 or even a 9 to this event.

I was expecting qt least 1-2 long gameplay for spiderman or horizon or fucking something...

It's a PS5 reveal event, and a glimpse of what to expect. It's not a gameplay event. It had some good brief gameplay here and there, pretty satisfied here. Try watching the trailers separately at 4K as the stream was shit and nothing near the actual footage.

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
The screenshots look great, but Sony choose to stream at 240p. So it didn't look like that at all. So the reveal still very bad/10

Bo_Hazem

Banned
The screenshots look great, but Sony choose to stream at 240p. So it didn't look like that at all. So the reveal still very bad/10

Man, I have like 16Mbps and watched it stable at 1080p. Anyway, watch all the trailers at 4K if you got the screen, most of them are mind blowing.

Aceofspades

Banned
Interested in Sony's studios stuff (I know they will be quality)

Only downside for me is that furry trash game Volcano High whatever.

Amazed by the console and controller designs ❤

Bo_Hazem

Banned
And that answers the question presented to us in op.

6/10 for me personally mostly due to the actual console reveal.

Not sure what you understood there. I hope you didn't think that I'm saying I'm going physically there. That would be a smart ass "gotcha" cheap moment.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Everywhere outside here and the few Xbox fans who repeatedly post negatively in the PlayStation threads... the event was a 100% success.
Look up videos on youtube, go to facebook, twitter etc..... all super positive.

Once it comes to November and the sales numbers come out, things will get very quiet from these people.

I'm very happy with what I've seen so far, it was more than what I expected. More details will come as Jim Ryan said, people need to relax here a bit.

Roxkis_ii

I liked what I’ve seen. All the games look good, and sound, oh god the sound in these games are very impressive. It’s to bad the stream quality ruined the initial trailers with the compression, but the 4K trailers did them justice.

Everything looked like Pixar movie quality visually. I was impressed by everything shown, even if it wasn’t my taste in games.

No one I’ve read about was really excited for GTA V on ps5, but I am. Even the PS4 hasn’t been able to handle the game fully. For example, all the fastest cars kinda feel the same, due to the how you seem to be limited In how fast you can move in ground vehicles. This became very apparent when the pc version of the game came out, and the sense of speed felt so much better then on console. I look forward to playing the game without the super long load times or current gen console limits. With all the goodies of the pc version minus the crazy hackers.

I also am really, really, really looking forward to Grand Turismo 7’s career mode. I just hope they have simple tuning for us laymen.

This event has accomplished it job of getting me interested in the next gen of PlayStation. Now I just need to know the price to determine how long it’ll be before I can afford one.

Last edited:
Top Bottom