• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why I think the PS5 reveal event deserves 10/10?

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Great OP Bo. Just caught up on the trailers.

Demons Souls, Project Athia, Horizon 2 looks bonkers. I absolutely love to see Kena in that lineup. Housemarque's game looks great as well. GT7 is a no brainer really, those graphics and that lighting plus reflections look amazing.

Personally Astro needs to get similar reviews to LOU 2, it looks amazing and that team is ready for the platforming throne after the first game tbh.....Godfall just looks to do everything amazingly graphically. That small team impresses me immensely with their visuals, arts and physics....Just FYI, lots of other games interest me like Pragmata and Ghostwire....

Most games there had something unique, even the little ones. I didn't expect to like as much as I did, only was looking for 2-3 decent games overall! Wonderful day for me.

I feel like the number of post that read "overall i was really only impressed with..." speaks to how great of an event it was. If almost everyone came away with multiple games they were excited about how can anyone realistically say this wasnt a good reveal? TBH i can't remember a console reveal with more exclusive content. I for one thought Sony knocked it out of the park. They had something for everyone, it was crisp, clean and it was super professional.

GT7 gameplay and cutscenes screenshots

49996594442_1b9ae274b5_4k.jpg

49995821418_e572d80657_4k.jpg

49996343526_9b616abd64_4k.jpg

49996596052_8e7fb61fe1_4k.jpg

49995822378_ce21eb69ce_4k.jpg

49996596592_cf628f2f07_4k.jpg

49995822863_aa131f4e74_4k.jpg

49996344886_aa8b864d04_4k.jpg
2 things stuck out to me from this video. 1. everything moved so smooth it made it seem like the cars were on rails 2. The sense of speed seemed non-existent. Neither of these are positive for a driving simulator.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
2 things stuck out to me from this video. 1. everything moved so smooth it made it seem like the cars were on rails 2. The sense of speed seemed non-existent. Neither of these are positive for a driving simulator.

For me GT7 is not my best car game, I would take a new DriveClub which made superior sense of speed and animations. I will give it a try anyway.

Plus, I didn't like the ladder effect on some parts, to me it's the less impressive game visually from PS Studios, but most likely to push for VR and 120+ fps.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I feel like the number of post that read "overall i was really only impressed with..." speaks to how great of an event it was. If almost everyone came away with multiple games they were excited about how can anyone realistically say this wasnt a good reveal? TBH i can't remember a console reveal with more exclusive content. I for one thought Sony knocked it out of the park. They had something for everyone, it was crisp, clean and it was super professional.

The only downside is the steaming was in 1080p@30fps which gave shit first impressions. Checking back the "heavily-compressed" 4K trailers are insanely good and crisp, seeing the uncompressed screenshots directly from PS5 is even much more impressive!

Can't wait for another GOW!

Last edited:

nani17

are in a big trouble
the problem with some people is the expect hardcore games consistently all the time. they don't understand that they have to hit every demographic when showing off a system. How many E3s has there been where you see kids games for both systems remember the Xbox Kinect and all the kids games we saw.

These systems are for everyone not just hardcore gamers

ZZZZ

Such a great event, even though i don't like Horizon Zero Dawn or Ratchet & Clank , they got me excited for what the Next gen will be like.

I can't wait for RE8 and Demon's Souls.
Kena: Bridge of Spirits looked interesting, i will probably pick it up when it gets a price drop.
Project Athia is being made by the same team that worked on FF XV, there's no name and they only showed a couple of scenes, honestly i wouldn't be surprised if this is only released 5+ years from now on.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
the problem with some people is the expect hardcore games consistently all the time. they don't understand that they have to hit every demographic when showing off a system. How many E3s has there been where you see kids games for both systems remember the Xbox Kinect and all the kids games we saw.

These systems are for everyone not just hardcore gamers

Love those kiddo games myself! Way relaxing and fun from time to time. Would love an innovative Rayman game from Ubisoft as well.

Top Bottom