• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will you buy a Series or builds a PC for Starfield IF it delivers????

Will you buy a Series or PC for Starfields if it delivers?

• I already gotta PC or Series will get the game

Votes: 215 64.2%
  • I already gotta PC or Series wont get the game

Votes: 16 4.8%
  • I will BUY a new PC or Series for the game

Votes: 26 7.8%
  • no shut up fat man

Votes: 78 23.3%

• Total voters

GymWolf

Starfield was one of the many games why i upgraded my previous build, and probably the first game that is not gonna run at 4k60:lollipop_grinning_smiling_eyes:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I have an Xbox so I'll just play it on Gamepass. Even if it reviews poorly, I'll still play it as it's in the subscription.

GHG

Aren't you not worried about smashing their artistic vision with your 4090?

Maybe they will try and force everyone to adhere to their artistic vision. Pray to the DLSS gods to save us.

If that happens at least we will get an epic episode of worth a buy as a result.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
We will see how it does in the NPD charts. I expect for it to be a true success, Microsoft needs to take September but if Spider Man 2 launches that month, they are going to struggle.

GHG

It miss the option to stream the game.

angry homer simpson GIF
Embarrassed Shame GIF

Well fuck I chose the wrong option in the poll lol. Anyway, I already have a PC that should run it relatively okay so I won't be getting a new xbox console.

Edit: I've played all prior BGS games on PC with the exception of Oblivion on the 360, but overall I feel like BGS games are most at home on PC.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Maybe they will try and force everyone to adhere to their artistic vision. Pray to the DLSS gods to save us.

If that happens at least we will get an epic episode of worth a buy as a result.
An episode of what now?

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Game wasn't really on my radar, but I recently got a 4070 for Ratchet & Clank, so now I'm actually tempted. If 4070 is enough for 1440p/high/60 FPS, that is.

Chukhopops

Already upgraded my PC so I’ll be good either way.

I also think there will be a console mod to remove the frame limit within hours of the game’s launch, like there is today for Fallout 4.

Most likely I’ll switch constantly from console to PC depending on where I want to play.

Rossco EZ

recently just sold my series x and built a pc. even if i didnt own one before i highly doubt id buy a series console to play it at 30fps. already pre ordered on steam even though i have gamepass until 2025

Last edited:

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
I want to buy a new PC since the PS5 was out. But Nvidia prices are ridiculous. If the 5000 series are less bullshit and there is a card with enough ram to be worth it at a respectable price I will upgrade. Starfield will be the fist game that I will play on it, like Skyrim was for my first PC. But I will probably play Starfield on my brother laptop first as I do not think that I will be able to wait that long. 2000€ should be enough for a great PC, not just the card.

Monad

I already have a proper rig with a 4090 and also a Series X (which I've been too lazy to sell), so... both.

Although I hardly use it, I'd like to keep the console until the game comes out and do a visual comparison (as well as see how the 30fps implementation feels like).

Three

When it doesn't go well he tears games to shreds in the most hilarious fashion. His Gollum and Redfall reviews being the 2 most recent examples.

Game looks fantastic I don't think he will tear it apart. Hopefully not.

Reactions: GHG

Guilty_AI

I want to buy a new PC since the PS5 was out. But Nvidia prices are ridiculous. If the 5000 series are less bullshit and there is a card with enough ram to be worth it at a respectable price I will upgrade. Starfield will be the fist game that I will play on it, like Skyrim was for my first PC. But I will probably play Starfield on my brother laptop first as I do not think that I will be able to wait that long. 2000€ should be enough for a great PC, not just the card.
Cant you get an AMD card? They're usually cheaper and more generous with vram

scydrex

Want to buy a PC someday maybe this year ot next year. If i do it then probably will play Starfield. Not planning to buy a series.

drganon

I'll probably get a series x if its decent. My current pc is a potato and I'm too lazy/cheap to get or build a new one.

Roxkis_ii

Bro, who would choose to play a game at 30 if they had the option to play it at a possible at 60.

Hoping I can turn down enough settings to get it to run on my laptop. I'm praying dlss can save me. Lol

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Just built a new high end PC. My old PC could have played it but was shy of the recommended spec.

Bought a Series S last November when they were on sale for $200.

Both will be playing Starfield this September.

Gojiira

Nope, I’ll play it in a few years MAYBE. Honestly I cant be hyped for it, we all know majority of planets will be dull,barren so just padding. But my biggest concern is Bethesda themselves, they just cant write compelling stories or characters anymore and their ‘RPG’ mechanics have just gotten progressively dumbed down with each game. If Im wrong and it actually has a deep RPG experience then I’ll play.

I need to do nearly a full rebuild, new CPU, Mobo, power supply and ram (i'm still using 16gigs ddr3). My 2080 might be able to do it at medium settings 1440, I really don't know.
I might actually get a Series X to play it since that will end up being cheaper.

I would much rather play it on PC of course, but this year is already stacked as is so I can wait I think. I'll be playing a lot of Armored Core VI around the time this game comes out anyway.

Top Bottom