• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will you buy a Series or builds a PC for Starfield IF it delivers????

Will you buy a Series or PC for Starfields if it delivers?

• I already gotta PC or Series will get the game

Votes: 215 64.2%
  • I already gotta PC or Series wont get the game

Votes: 16 4.8%
  • I will BUY a new PC or Series for the game

Votes: 26 7.8%
  • no shut up fat man

Votes: 78 23.3%

• Total voters

Bo_Hazem

Banned
George Costanza Seinfeld GIF

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
I'm going to look for comparisons with the 5800X3D vs 7800X3D paired with a 4090. If I see that I'm leaving alot of performance on the table then I'll finally make the switch to AM5.

Last edited:

Bond007

Ive had all consoles since day one launch.
Will wipe the layers of dust off the Series X to play this on Gamepass. Dont believe i will be buying it.

Interfectum

My PC is okay and I don't currently own an Xbox. Depending on the PC market, Starfield reception closer to launch and the state of Xbox, I may just get a Series X to play. On the fence right now which direction to go. (I'm fine with playing 30fps games)

BootsLoader

Banned
I may play the game many years after its release. Buy an aftermarket xbox for cheap and call it a day.
However, I can't wait to check the bug video compilations for that game. I had a very good time watching Skyrim compilations (don't take me wrong, I love Skyrim).

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Steam Deck or no Starfield for me. I feel like the game and the tech will drop in price significantly. My hope is it runs just fine on the deck so I won’t worry about it if it doesn’t. I got Oblivion/Skyrim and all the Fallouts from 3 and onward at launch. They can run on a tin can years later (sorta).

Already have a Series X, and I prefer owning games I’m excited for so I’ll be getting a physical copy. Though I’m not even halfway through TotK, so I may wait and play it closer to my birthday a month after it launches. It’ll probably have some patches by then too.

Last edited:
I already gotsa PC and Series but am doing scientific researches to find out if its a system seller
I'm building a PC with a 4080 and I5 for this. Right around $2,000 or so.

I primarily want to crush Starfield at 40, 60fps but I'd like to play some other games that aren't 4K, 60fps on my PS5 such as Hellblade 1 and 2, Mafia 1 remake, AC Unity or maybe even AC Black Flag, basically any third party/xbox games that come out.

Mikey Jr.

Pc? No fucking way. I have zero need for a gaming PC.

Series? Unlikely. My time is limited, and really not much on the system there for me.

Having said that, starfield looks great.

I genuinely gonna have to look at xcloud.

Anyo ne else going that route?

killatopak

Already have.

I'm waiting for PC. Honestly, mods will make it struggle going by my experience in their past games, top end or not. I'll wait for next gen GPU and/or CPU which is supposedly the bottleneck this time.

Lone Wolf

Maybe I’ll waste money on an eGPU for my ROG Ally. Don’t know if the CPU in this thing can do 60 on Starfield though.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Have a decent enough PC (5800x, 6900XT) and gamepass so I am all set. Well until the VR mod comes out at least.

R6Rider

Gold Member
I already have a Series X, but I'm currently in the process of building a new PC. Last build was in 2019, but this new one will be moving up to AM5 after debating whether to stick to AM4 or not.

If my new build can't play it at 1440p60 at the least, then I'll probably play it on Series X in the end.

Last edited:

X-Wing

Already have a PC, wil try it there. I was never a fan of TES series and I don't think this will be for me (I don't have the time necessary to enjoy these games), but will definitely give it a try.

brian0057

Banned
No.
Especially not one from a developer unable to ship a stable game at launch even if their lives depended on it.

hlm666

Who the hell is dumb enough to buy a console for one game?
Rude, i bought a 3do for need for speed and road rash but I feel like your still targeting me because I bought a megadrive for streets of rage, a 386 for wolfenstein, a 486 for doom/duke nukem lol ......... ;)

If word of mouth is great I'll probably pick up a series x to play it. I'll have to get one sooner or later for Elder Scrolls anyways.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
I Dont play on pc ....have the money just cant cope with the hassle of hardware and software configurations bullshit ...

Will buy an xbox PRO IF they support with 60 fps versions of their flagship games ... and of course release some good games and not just empty promisses

Top Bottom