• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will you buy a Series or builds a PC for Starfield IF it delivers????

Will you buy a Series or PC for Starfields if it delivers?

• I already gotta PC or Series will get the game

Votes: 215 64.2%
  • I already gotta PC or Series wont get the game

Votes: 16 4.8%
  • I will BUY a new PC or Series for the game

Votes: 26 7.8%
  • no shut up fat man

Votes: 78 23.3%

• Total voters

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Only thing that could get me to drop thousands on a PC build is a literal AAA game built from the ground up specifcally for the 40xx series cards, ignoring all other peasant hardware. So essentially impossible

Last edited:

MikeM

You sold your X and built a PC all in a couple days?
Same day actually. Neighbour wanted my Halo Series X, so I sold it to him then went to the store and bought my parts for my build (5600/6700xt). Already upgraded to a 7900xt since its tied to my LG C1.

Ev1L AuRoN

If it's CPU limited on console it won't run much over 60 on best CPUs we have right now.
The Zen 2 CPU on consoles is not that powerful. Any mid-end CPU from 2020 onwards will handily outperform the consoles by around 30%. That difference alone should be enough to bump the game to 60fps, of course the quality of the port will be important to achieve that result.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I'll play the game on my PC (the potato one, not the good one), so I'm playing the game at 30 FPS, just as the developers intended it as per their creative vision. 💯 /s

I'll play it on PC.

Last edited:

Justin9mm

I've got a 3080 PC and Series X. I'm assuming the 3080 would be the better performance but I'd rather sit in my theatre room and play it on my 85 inch with full Atmos surround then at my desk with some headphones.

Matsuchezz

No way, Probably I will never play this game, it's not my cup of tea, I will probably watch my brother play it at his house for 10 minutes and that will be it. On the other hand I could borrow my brother's Series X to play Hellblade 2. Xbox/XGS catalogue is pretty meh for my tastes!

DAHGAMING

Gold Member
Im good to go, but dont rush people, this is going to be about for years with upgraded versions for future Xbox/PC hardware, wel all get to play it at some point and the longer we wait the better more complete version we will play.

My $900 laptop probably won't be able to run it at 1080p 60 fps. I'll probably buy it a year or two after release when I decide to upgrade. I expect the game to have a lot of technical issues upon release that'll get cleaned up over time.

I'm definitely buying an Xbox now, but I'll wait for the pro model.

mask wtf GIF by Charlie Mars

Fredrik

Already have a PC but if I didn’t have one I would definitely buy one.

After playing Skyrim on PC I wouldn’t consider Xbox an option unless I know for sure mods are there and not heavily restricted.

Crayon

My pc will run it reasonably well. I'm not always itching for an excuse to upgrade. Sometimes, but not right now. My game spending this year is already up there. That psvr2 wasn't cheap. Then I somehow spent even more on 20-year old portables and games.

Plus the gpu's coming out are... let's say 'unexciting' products.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I'm on the fence but getting closer to being more sold I just need to see and unbiased opinion minus all the filter PR. I'm kind of sort of like that still on armored Core as well but something about those robots that sells me a little bit more and I'm not exactly the biggest from software fan either.

My specs are about as good as you can get so no need to float but I'm more than adequate.

93xfan

Banned
Okay Phil Spencer haters- here’s your chance to prove him wrong by buying an Xbox for Starfield.

You know you want to

Last edited:

Pelta88

Picked up a Series X at launch but haven't turned it on since Wild Hearts and before that, not much. I'm primed and ready for that console experience.

My due diligence is seeing a game running on console independent of a press release/blog/interview/dev diary etc etc. I need hands on impressions outside of the influencer sphere. If I can get that before release, and it hits... I'll preorder.

Laieon

I don't like crafting, I'm not a big sci-fi guy, I'm getting extremely tired of open worlds, I prefer games that focus on extrinsic motivation over intrinsic - I'd prefer you make the fun for me than vice versa, and historically speaking the only Bethesda game I've enjoyed was Fallout 3 (I've tried Oblivion, Skyrim, and Fallout 4 and didn't find much fun in any of them, despite trying all of them multiple times over the years thinking "maybe this time it'll finally click" (it never does)). Pretty much everything I saw in that hour long showcase was red flags telling me this game definitely isn't for me.

Mr Hyde

Invested in a ROG Ally and external GPU mainly for Starfield. Given how the game looks I'd say it was a wise choice. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if the game turns out to be game of the generation and I miss out. Will be playing this at 1440p @ 60fps. Can't wait.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I'm not really in to Bethesda games so I would say no but I was planning to buy Xbox if Metaphor: Re Fantazio was exclusive.

Last edited:

Three

Invested in a ROG Ally and external GPU mainly for Starfield. Given how the game looks I'd say it was a wise choice. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if the game turns out to be game of the generation and I miss out. Will be playing this at 1440p @ 60fps. Can't wait.
I doubt this. This is going to struggle on an ROG Ally, external GPU or not. It's going to be CPU limited much like Gotham Knights was. It's not going to get as much shit from people as GK did though for some reason. Prepare for 30fps on console and shit PC performance that struggles to hit 60.

Last edited:
That game looks really good but not enough, I mean the reason I bought my Switch in the first place because of SMTV (well worth it). Its same here, if Metaphor was exclusive I would 100% have bought Xbox without question.

No way a full on Japanese game would be exclusive to Xbox.

Hifi Rush does bring something pretty interesting to table. It's has full on Japanese creativity without going overboard. It feels like a fusion of Western and Japanese game design sensibilities.

A solid step towards making Japanese games more global. I am very curious about what Tango comes up with next.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
No way a full on Japanese game would be exclusive to Xbox.

Hifi Rush does bring something pretty interesting to table. It's has full on Japanese creativity without going overboard. It feels like a fusion of Western and Japanese game design sensibilities.

A solid step towards making Japanese games more global. I am very curious about what Tango comes up with next.
Tango games are really talented studios and I'm jealous that they Xbox exclusive but at the same time its exactly what Xbox needs.

But even then ONLY Atlus games (more specifically Hashino games and mainline SMT) makes me want to buy system for it.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Series X’s ally is PlayStation or any other console, pc’s expose even weaker computers.

Fbh

Nah.
No single game is worth that much money to me, specially if it isn't made by FROM and directed by our lord and savior Miyazaki.

I might buy a Series X at some point in the future if/when more of their games come out and they deliver.

Kumomeme

no need to buy the console if it available on PC

especially for those who already own one.
for those who didnt, investing on a PC is way beneficial(depend on budget and how they prefer to play game)

Corian33

I’ve been thinking about a new PC for a year or so anyway. Current build has a 1080 and was rock solid for a long time but starting to show hiccups. I think the CPU is the real bottleneck but can’t update that without a new mobo and so why not upgrade the rest? Need a SSD now that they’re cheap too.

Lasha

I have gamepass so I plan on playing it on PC while letting my children try it out on their Series S. My PC is legit so I am more interested to see how much Bethesda can squeeze from the Series S. I'm regularly impressed when seeing games on that console.

Kagero

I gotta admit. I hate Bethesda, but Starfield looks phenomenal. If it reviews anything above an 8 I'll for sure get it on art alone.

Pimpbaa

I got a series x for game pass and forza horizon. Glad I have one after seeing this game. I have a PC, but a it’s a non gaming dual core lenovo laptop from a few years ago. I don’t do PC gaming anymore.

Top Bottom