• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will you buy a Series or builds a PC for Starfield IF it delivers????

Will you buy a Series or PC for Starfields if it delivers?

• I already gotta PC or Series will get the game

Votes: 215 64.2%
  • I already gotta PC or Series wont get the game

Votes: 16 4.8%
  • I will BUY a new PC or Series for the game

Votes: 26 7.8%
  • no shut up fat man

Votes: 78 23.3%

• Total voters

Impotaku

While there are some games I would buy a console/pc for this is certainly not one of them. Already have no mans sky why would I waste buying a new machine to play this? People putting way too much faith in Bethesda’s ability to release something without crippling bugs.

Banned
If you're serious, they said recently that they had no plans on a pro model yet.

of course they gonna say this.
Nintendo denied the existence of a console, only weeks ahead of reveal before. Sony refused to comment on the PS4 Slim, after it was literally physically leaked and filmed in detail and in action.

that's just how companies operate. often they say vague stuff like "there are no plans for anything in the near future", or they just refuse to answer at all... and Nintendo just literally lies and denies stuff if necessary.

pretty sure Phil also didn't deny there is one planned... he said something like "I don't think it's needed" or something. which could be 100% true, but someone else at Xbox might have thought it is needed :)

Last edited:

feynoob

Banned
While there are some games I would buy a console/pc for this is certainly not one of them. Already have no mans sky why would I waste buying a new machine to play this? People putting way too much faith in Bethesda’s ability to release something without crippling bugs.
Even a crippling buggy and messy starfield would be a much better than no man's sky.
Bethesda gives the player a freedom creativity.
1000 planet means tons of modding content unlike Skyrim. They can use one of these planets to make a content.

Redefine07

I got both I guess , I will try the game on gamepass , maybe on PC will work better , RTX 3060 Ti , i5-13500 / 32GB RAM.

Ar¢tos

No, purely because sci-fi and shooter, 2 things I don't really like.
TES 6 has more of a chance of me getting an XSS to play it (talking about Bethesda IPs only)

tryDEATH

The Series X, even though I have built a high end-ish PC bar the GPU, which I am waiting to buy once prices drop a bit more.

I think a lot of people will be surprised how much power will be necessary to run the game at a good IQ and 60FPS, I can't see it being below $1400 unless you want to play it on medium to low settings at either 1080P or 1440P. The game will be far better optimized for the Series X as it will look much better and more consistent albeit at 30FPS.

Last edited:

Griffon

I have a good PC but I wont buy Starfield anywhere near day one. I'll wait for 6/12 months of good patches and discount price.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Only thing that could get me to drop thousands on a PC build is a literal AAA game built from the ground up specifcally for the 40xx series cards, ignoring all other peasant hardware. So essentially impossible
Cool! (and also a really fucking retarded request.... there are impressive games on PC that don't require a 4090 to run) You can buy a decent gaming PC for around 900 with a 6700xt and 5600x. not a grand spent. if you only care about buying the game you can get a series S at 1/3 of the price, play it to your hearts content then throw it in the closet when you're done

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
:) came 2 days ago

Im Ready Kamala Harris GIF by The Democrats

Patrick S.

Banned
My hype for a new Bethesda game just fell a few notches because I've been trying to play Fallout 4 for an hour, but it always crashes at the same place. Every time, the event log says the nvidia driver crashed. Uninstalled the driver with DDU, rebooted, did a clean driver install; same problem. Just uninstalled the game and won't touch it again on PC, abandoning a savegame with 42 bloody hours of progress. Gonna play it on the console.

Top Bottom