• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Games Showcase July 23 - Ready to get back to work Chief?

Are you ready

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BluRayHiDef

Banned
The first game that they're showing in this presentation, Dragonquest XI, does not look impressive at all; the graphics are below Switch quality. 12 teraflops being wasted.

The second game that they're showing, Exomecha, looks like it's still in the alpha phase; the textures are flat and have practically no detail.

This third or fourth game that they're showing (I might have missed one), Hello Neighbor 2, looks pretty good. It has intentionally cartoonish graphics and an aesthetic that reminds me of Tim Burton; it's impressive, as the character models and environment have a very appreciable sense of depth and the colors are quite bold, which makes me wonder how it'll look in HDR. As simple as it looks, for some reason I don't think that it'd look as good on current-gen consoles.

Balan Wonderworld looks like a browser game. Unimpressive.

-------------------

Halo Infinite looks okay. The facial animation of the human NPC with whom Master Chief chats at the beginning of the gameplay is very fluid, but even though it's in-engine, it's not live gameplay; so, it's ultimately not very impressive. As for the actual gameplay, it doesn't look like anything new relative to previous entries; it's comprised of the same ol' shooting, jumping, and shield-deployment. Also, the graphics for the environment and enemies are nothing special, as well as the physics and animation; they honestly don't look next gen. The skin texture of the gray, monstrous, monologing creature at the end has is flat and lacks detail.

State of Decay 3 was shown via a pre-rendered, cinematic trailer. So, there's no basis upon which its graphics can be judged.

Forza looked impressive. However, it was described as being in-engine but not in-game, and there's a difference between the two.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm down for more State of Decay

Oh it's Phil

dottme

Halo infinite so good on XSX. Great but why. what is the difference between the Xbox one version and the XSX version.
I don’t care about 10 time more processing power.

Romulus

Yeah even the most hardcore halo fans I know aren't impressed visually. This was a letdown graphically. Gameplay wise though looked good. It's just not going to be 117 leading the charge anymore in graphics. Not for years. I think the industry has just evolved tremendously since Halo 4, which this looks extremely similar to.

As soon as I saw that first fight scene. I was ahhhh man. It's just not there.

cormack12

Gold Member
State of decay looks good - I didn't think state of decay was that type of game. I thought it was the first person parkour

Top Bottom