• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series X Full Reveal To Come Before E3 2020 In April or May

The Microsoft next-generation console Xbox Series X is going to get a full reveal right before the E3, and From Sofware's Elden Ring will be featured at the event.

According to what Shpeshal Ed stated during a recent XboxEra Podcast, the full Xbox Series X reveal is happening in either April or May, right before the E3 2020. Additionally, it seems like Elden Ring is going to be shown at the event, which means that the game might be a cross-gen release, as it has only been announced for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
While Shpeshal Ed isn't an insider, he does have some industry contacts, so this is likely something that is being whispered right now among various companies. As no announcement has been made, and plans can change, we have to take everything with a grain of salt for the time being.

The Xbox Series X is the official name for Xbox Scarlett, and it will support 4K resolution and 60 FPS, with the possibility of up to 120 FPS and 8K capability.

"From a technical standpoint, this will manifest as world-class visuals in 4K at 60FPS, with possibility of up to 120FPS, including support for Variable Refresh Rate (VRR), and 8K capability. Powered by our custom-designed processor leveraging the latest Zen 2 and next generation RDNA architecture from our partners at AMD, Xbox Series X will deliver hardware accelerated ray tracing and a new level of performance never before seen in a console. Additionally, our patented Variable Rate Shading (VRS) technology will allow developers to get even more out of the GPU and our next-generation SSD will virtually eliminate load times and bring players into their gaming worlds faster than ever before."

ethomaz

Banned
Probably a event some weeks before E3 just like Xbox One reveal.
Not hard to guess.

Last edited:

Ten_Fold

Smart Microsoft, I'm sure sony will do a big reveal in February, so you guys better adjust if you have to.

Rat Rage

Gold Member
I have to say, Microsoft is handling the reveal of their new console pretty well.

1st : Reveal the name and the design of the console months before the "full reveal". This will give people enough time to get used to both.

2nd : Month later (when people have actually gotten used the both the name and the design), reveal the specs, games, features.

This way people and outlets will ONLY talk about those important aspects.

DanielsM

Banned
I have to say, Microsoft is handling the reveal of their new console pretty well.

You think? They announced a console about 16+ months before release date and only about 16 months after the X and 1 month after the SAD. Literally, they are destroying on purpose their plastic selling business.

"Hey guys!!!!! Don't buy our other consoles dumb asses we're coming out with a new new new one!!!!"

Microsoft is an example of how not to sell electronic hardware. Someone would have to try really hard to do worse.

GiganticEnlightenedBaleenwhale-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

MilkyJoe

You think? They announced a console about 16+ months before release date and only about 16 months after the X and 1 month after the SAD. Literally, they are destroying on purpose their plastic selling business.

"Hey guys!!!!! Don't buy our other consoles dumb asses we're coming out with a new new new one!!!!"

Microsoft is an example of how not to sell electronic hardware. Someone would have to try really hard to do worse.

Or to draw out ps and create buzz

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member

wat -- everyone knew a new console was coming out. The people who are buying a One X, or a S right now are not the kinds of people who'd buy a new one at launch. Xbox is remarkably smart about doing this. It's keeping people who are chomping at the bit happy, the people who WILL buy on launch.

DanielsM

Banned
wat -- everyone knew a new console was coming out. The people who are buying a One X, or a S right now are not the kinds of people who'd buy a new one at launch. Xbox is remarkably smart about doing this. It's keeping people who are chomping at the bit happy, the people who WILL buy on launch.

Just because people know another one is coming isn't a reason to promote a new version that far in advance, sometimes Apple doesn't officially announce hardware products until a few weeks prior to release for obvious reasons. Of course, video game consoles need a bigger lead time i.e. 6-9 months.

Obviously its not working (or not helping) as sales generally continue to go down. Its desperation to stay relevant, imo. Sales go down they do things that actually hurt sales for a quick fix.

Its simply makes sales go down for existing hardware.... duh. Even if Microsoft had any chance of really getting back in the game they seem hell bent on quick fixes which ultimate hurt them in the long run. Everyone said why are you promoting the Xbox One X in May of 2016?

Last edited:

Tiamat2san

MS is a shonen hero.
MS has been defeated by the villain.( Sony)
MS trained hard to obtain a special move (one X)
And then MS trained harder to master it.
And it’s slowly becoming the ultra super move that destroy the bad guys (they are 2 now, Sony and Nintendo )
It will work unless a new villain arrives or The ancient evolves into something greater

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!

First you complain that they are not revealing it and are behind schedule, now you complain that they are revealing it too early. Also, what the fuck is that gif supposed to represent ? Your circlejerk ?

The Alien

Banned
Just because people know another one is coming isn't a reason to promote a new version that far in advance, sometimes Apple doesn't officially announce hardware products until a few weeks prior to release for obvious reasons. Of course, video game consoles need a bigger lead time i.e. 6-9 months.

Obviously its not working (or not helping) as sales generally continue to go down. Its desperation to stay relevant, imo. Sales go down they do things that actually hurt sales for a quick fix.

Its simply makes sales go down for existing hardware.... duh. Even if Microsoft had any chance of really getting back in the game they seem hell bent on quick fixes which ultimate hurt them in the long run. Everyone said why are you promoting the Xbox One X in May of 2016?
You seemed to have a lot of "concern" for Microsoft's hardware sales. 🤪

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I don't think so. If that was the case they wouldn't of shown it off at the game awards.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
You seemed to have a lot of "concern" for Microsoft's hardware sales. 🤪

He also has a lot of 'concern' over Game Pass not being financially sustainable. For someone who hates MS & Xbox as much as he obviously does, it's weird he's always so concerned for their bottom line. I mean maybe all these' bad' moves will cause them to go broke and out of business; this should make him happy :pie_roffles:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
He also has a lot of 'concern' over Game Pass not being financially sustainable. For someone who hates MS & Xbox as much as he obviously does, it's weird he's always so concerned for their bottom line. I mean maybe all these' bad' moves will cause them to go broke and out of business; this should make him happy :pie_roffles:
Microsoft could report 10 trillion in revenue and Daniels would call it unsustainable.

DanielsM

Banned
First you complain that they are not revealing it and are behind schedule, now you complain that they are revealing it too early. Also, what the fuck is that gif supposed to represent ? Your circlejerk ?

I didn't complain they didn't reveal it, I actually said it was stupid to be talking about it just as stupid as when they started talking about X1X 16 months before release... but they were talking about it without real specs since May.

Obviously the gif is about their bad marketing and obvious mixed messages as to what Xbox is i.e. services or a piece of plastic.

The only one circle-jerking is a person crying about someone talking about their toy.... cry away.

Last edited:

Panaphonics

Banned
I still remember how they botched and ruined XboxOne in May 2013. ...rofl

Of course, and I remember all the time afterwards how fucking great things they introduced. Like free BC and great gamepass! And the same time how Sony was anti Customer, like EA ACCESS has „no value“, or how they censor like everything.

DanielsM

Banned
Microsoft could report 10 trillion in revenue and Daniels would call it unsustainable.

When did I ever say Microsoft didn't have revenue growth, this is a gaming forum.... as far as gaming.... Xbox is a historic loser. Microsoft has revenue growth and positive cash flow... financially Xbox is historic failure financially which is why they had to hide the numbers - deal with it. (not sure why this is coming up)

I've never mentioned or implied anything you have said, you're setting up a strawman because you're a baby.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I didn't complain they didn't reveal it, I actually said it was stupid to be talking about it just as stupid as when they started talking about X1X 16 months before release... but they were talking about it without real specs since May.

Obviously the gif is about their bad marketing and obvious mixed messages as to what Xbox is i.e. services or a piece of plastic.

The only one circle-jerking is a person crying about someone talking about their toy.... cry away.

The only one crying is you complaining about literally anything Xbox. Show me on the doll where Microsoft hurt you.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X

No that would be you. You've made it abundantly clear that you loathe Xbox & MS, yet you are constantly in Xbox threads bitching or concern trolling. I was shocked to see a post from you in a Playstation thread and not bitching about something Xbox for the 1st time the other day.

Meowzers

Can't wait for E3. In the weeks running up to it, I watch loads of old E3 videos. May watch all the past console reveals to get hyped.

Then it's the long wait until at least mid-November. If Sony reveal in Feb then I think Microsoft will go with April. Just a guess though.

Can't wait for Microsoft to say all the right things, only to completely botch the reveal and make an arse of it...again.

What will the buzzword be this time Gaf? We've had tv tv tv and xbone being thea next water cooler.

Will it be streaming streaming streaming and xbox sex being the new cloud?

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!

By 'you', I meant your whole circlejerk.

Birdo

Banned
It's going to be a wild year for gaming.

It would be the icing on the cake if Nintendo show up with a Switch Pro too.

I still remember how they botched and ruined XboxOne in May 2013. ...rofl
Why do you guys keep going backward in time that was now 7-8 years ago? If that doesn't show salt I don't know what does. Know one with a maturity level above 12 would react in such a way. Pathetic.

Can't wait for Microsoft to say all the right things, only to completely botch the reveal and make an arse of it...again.

What will the buzzword be this time Gaf? We've had tv tv tv and xbone being thea next water cooler.

Will it be streaming streaming streaming and xbox sex being the new cloud?
Another salty post. Wow its getting bad and its not even 2020 yet.

The Alien

Banned
"Concern" over Microsoft's money has always mystified me.

On one hand they are: Micro$oft who just moneyhat everything.

On the other hand they have something like Game Pass that is too good of a value to be financial stable.

Which is it?

Honestly the console doesn’t matter.

MS need a shed ton of quality exclusives.

They severely lacked this gen coupled with a weaker and more expensive console out of the gate and it hurt them bigtime.

Regarding gamepass... I don’t even think this is suited to gaming and is a bad idea. It’s similar to if you get a modded console and hundreds of games pre-installed... They lose their value... People just load them up and throw them away.

2013:

Hey guys we are going to have a reveal before E3 and games at E3.

RARARRRR GRRRRRR MICROSOFT TV TV GAMES TV TV DRM RAWRRRRRRRR!!!

2019:

Hey guys we are going to have a reveal before E3 and games at E3.

YOU ARE VERY BRAVE TO DO THIS MICROSOFT, YOU ARE SMART AND CUNNING.

Another salty post. Wow its getting bad and its not even 2020 yet.
Put your Microsoft dick down.

It isn't a salty post, it's a post of a disappointed Xbox fan. To see Microsoft at their peak for a decade (2001-2011) only to see them go to shit, it's disappointing and people like you and the other sycophantic fuck-holes who downplay criticism of Microsoft, intended to get them back on track, do nothing other than give false-feedback that everything is great, which leads to more fuck ups.

Put your Microsoft dick down.

It isn't a salty post, it's a post of a disappointed Xbox fan. To see Microsoft at their peak for a decade (2001-2011) only to see them go to shit, it's disappointing and people like you and the other sycophantic fuck-holes who downplay criticism of Microsoft, intended to get them back on track, do nothing other than give false-feedback that everything is great, which leads to more fuck ups.
Stop living in the past it's 2019 major moves have been made that do not mirror the past 2020 looks to be even brighter. If you choose to reminisce about that past that's your damn business but stop bringing that shit up, and I love my big Microsoft dick thank you very much.

SCB3

Elden Ring being shown for it means nothingfor the current Gen, people seem to keep forgetting that ALL Xbox One games will play on Series X at launch, and all series X games will run on Xbox One but at lower settings

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Elden Ring being shown for it means nothingfor the current Gen, people seem to keep forgetting that ALL Xbox One games will play on Series X at launch, and all series X games will run on Xbox One but at lower settings

This hasnt been confirmed for anything but first party.

Ar¢tos

Smart Microsoft, I'm sure sony will do a big reveal in February, so you guys better adjust if you have to.
Considering 7nm chips take 2 months longer to make than 14/28nm there won't be time to produce and test anything new. There won't be any significant changes outside of small tweaks.

Top Bottom