• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series X Full Reveal To Come Before E3 2020 In April or May

How has that been working out for them? This is literally the opposite of what other hardware manufacturers do... for obvious reason i.e. its stupid.

Nadella will next say... "see, our hardware doesn't sell, see I was right - services".
Anybody who pays attention to gaming forums already knows next gen consoles are launching holiday 2020 and are around the corner. Building buzz and anticipation makes sense. The specs,names etc will leak eventually anyways.

DanielsM

Banned
Anybody who pays attention to gaming forums already knows next gen consoles are launching holiday 2020 and are around the corner. Building buzz and anticipation makes sense. The specs,names etc will leak eventually anyways.

So... everyone knows there is another iPhone coming out, same thing, manufacturers don't market their hardware out that far for a reason.... well other than stupid MS.

How are their plastic sales going? There is a reason why the manufacturers don't market it that fair off... for obvious reasons.

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

I kinda wish Elden Ring was exclusive to next-gen systems now.
Yeah... but... knowing how From isn't the best on the technical side, do you really want them to tackle raytracing right at the start of the new gen?
I think I prefer them to release a new gen game only after 1-2 years, when dev tools and APIs have matured more.

Dabaus

Banned
Additionally, it seems like Elden Ring

Microsoft literally waits to see whatever genre, developer, or franchise that becomes a big hit PlayStation then will money hat said developer for a first look or exclusive marketing. They may as well call themselves 'playstation Too (Tn) but with less.

So... everyone knows there is another iPhone coming out, same thing, manufacturers don't market their hardware out that far for a reason.... well other than stupid MS.

How are their plastic sales going? There is a reason why the manufacturers don't market it that fair off... for obvious reasons.
Its nearing the end of this gen where both PS4/XB1 sells are in decline. Most major developers/publishers have already pivoted to next gen development. I repeat,the people who follow the game awards/gaming sites already know next gen starts next year.

MS wants a fresh start and building anticipation for their new console is a plus,especially if they're confidenbt in the product. XSX/Hellblade 2 has driven a lot of buzz sucessfully. You're comeing across as a concerned fanboy out of fear imo.

Last edited:
Microsoft literally waits to see whatever genre, developer, or franchise that becomes a big hit PlayStation then will money hat said developer for a first look or exclusive marketing. They may as well call themselves 'playstation Too (Tn) but with less.
You make it sound like sony owns the rights to any japanese made game,then bitch about MS not trying to reach broaden their audience beyond the west. Souks is a From Software game. Sony moneyhatted FS to make Bloodborne,genius.

FeldMonster

Then tell me why Sony payed so much for exclusive content on Destiny and Control.

Or that really obscure game "Call of Duty".

Considering 7nm chips take 2 months longer to make than 14/28nm there won't be time to produce and test anything new. There won't be any significant changes outside of small tweaks.

I would imagine the only big adjustments they could make at this point would be clock bumps like they did with the Xbox One.

Ar¢tos

I would imagine the only big adjustments they could make at this point would be clock bumps like they did with the Xbox One.
Going by the leaks before Ps4/x1 released, mass production started 6 months before release, with 7nm chips taking 1-2 months longer to produce, depending on complexity, this time they'll need to start mass production 7-8 months before (or risk earlier shortages), so mass production needs to start around March/April. If Sony reveals specs in February the only thing MS can do as a reaction to it is small clock bumps, but I doubt it will be anything worth mentioning, since they already showed us the casing, there won't be any time to change the cooling used and I'm sure they don't want any RROD.
They might already have better specs anyway... Who knows?

I am actually curious as well on if it dropped off at all compared to before the announcement, they really should have waited until after the holiday to announce the new system.
Another one who doesn't get. It's funny it's those who aren't even apart of the company worrying about sales. Play games don't worry about the finances of the company unless of course you have stock..then I'll shut my mouth. :)

Another one who doesn't get. It's funny it's those who aren't even apart of the company worrying about sales. Play games don't worry about the finances of the company unless of course you have stock..then I'll shut my mouth. :)

I do 'get it' and I do have stock in several companies, but it is just more of a curiousity on how it affected the sales of a current gen system by announcing their next gen system in the middle of the largest shopping season, if they wanted to maximize the sales of their current system (which I would hope they would) then they should have waited until after the holidays. Looking at that decision from a business standpoint I think announcing so early could hurt them more than help them.

Kagero

Nah, if you feel like doing the research go ahead but don't stay ignorant. Knowledge is power.
I do 'get it' and I do have stock in several companies, but it is just more of a curiousity on how it affected the sales of a current gen system by announcing their next gen system in the middle of the largest shopping season, if they wanted to maximize the sales of their current system (which I would hope they would) then they should have waited until after the holidays. Looking at that decision from a business standpoint I think announcing so early could hurt them more than help them.
you clearly," GET IT". Lol. Don't engage man. It's better that way lol.

Maximizing sales of any system is no longer the worry for them. Phil Spencer has said this out of his own mouth. They are going in another direction. It's only us, the people on the outside that care about this old analog metric in this digital age. MS only cares if you sign up for there game related services. wheather that be on PC, Console, mobile, Smart TV etc. Wheather this strategy will work is another story entirely.

Maximizing sales of any system is no longer the worry for them. Phil Spencer has said this out of his own mouth. They are going in another direction. It's only us, the people on the outside that care about this old analog metric in this digital age. MS only cares if you sign up for there game related services. wheather that be on PC, Console, mobile, Smart TV etc. Wheather this strategy will work is another story entirely.

I get where you are coming from, they are wanting to push their Project xCloud service, which is the ecosystem they are pushing to all the devices, but the problem is people like to phyiscally own consoles and games, thus the reason Stadia is flopping like a fish out of water so for them to not care about console sales right now is just a really dumb move on their part if that is the case. I really feel at this time having a streaming game service is more of a niche market, maybe in the future that will change, but right now I don't see it getting much traction, especially since people internet speeds and latency are all over the place depending on where you live.

Dlacy13g

So MS revealing their name of the console and what the box looks like somehow triggers this to be bad marketing... does this then mean Sony announcing their next console is the PS5 and the exclusive VERY early reveals to Wire about "what their next console is" was just as bad a move since that all was done well over a year in advance of its launch? Remember manufacturers like Sony don't market that far off .... for obvious reasons.

Last edited:
I get where you are coming from, they are wanting to push their Project xCloud service, which is the ecosystem they are pushing to all the devices, but the problem is people like to phyiscally own consoles and games, thus the reason Stadia is flopping like a fish out of water so for them to not care about console sales right now is just a really dumb move on their part if that is the case. I really feel at this time having a streaming game service is more of a niche market, maybe in the future that will change, but right now I don't see it getting much traction, especially since people internet speeds and latency are all over the place depending on where you live.
The thing is they have a product to catch you where ever you want to play. So they are not solely relying on console sales. Lets put it this way. if Xbox Series X sells only 50million units next-gen, but Xbox services in general, has generated 10 billion in profit (Fake estimate of course). Do you really think Microsoft would care they are falling behind in console sales but have generated 10 billion in all-around Xbox branded product? (XCloud, Game Pass console, Game Pass PC, and I predict we will see Xcloud on all major smart TV's in late 2020).

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Why do you need another reveal? Is this because they acknowledge the initial reveal of the Xbox Series X a disaster?

The thing is they have a product to catch you where ever you want to play. So they are not solely relying on console sales. Lets put it this way. if Xbox Series X sells only 50million units next-gen, but Xbox services in general, has generated 10 billion in profit (Fake estimate of course). Do you really think Microsoft would care they are falling behind in console sales but have generated 10 billion in all-around Xbox branded product? (XCloud, Game Pass console, Game Pass PC, and I predict we will see Xcloud on all major smart TV's in late 2020).
Yes because they want to win. If they are not winning they are loosing. And XCloud on all major TVs next year? Hmmmmmmmm

Roitorb

The thing is they have a product to catch you where ever you want to play. So they are not solely relying on console sales. Lets put it this way. if Xbox Series X sells only 50million units next-gen, but Xbox services in general, has generated 10 billion in profit (Fake estimate of course). Do you really think Microsoft would care they are falling behind in console sales but have generated 10 billion in all-around Xbox branded product? (XCloud, Game Pass
Stop living in the past it's 2019 major moves have been made that do not mirror the past 2020 looks to be even brighter. If you choose to reminisce about that past that's your damn business but stop bringing that shit up, and I love my big Microsoft dick thank you very much.

Is it as big as the series x?

That's a big IF though, I can play Playstation Now on my Sony LCD at home with a Dualshock 4, but what percent of people are actually doing that? Super small... I just don't see the streaming service getting the kind of traction with gamers like physical consoles have, yeah they might snag a new casual gamers, but it not going to be anything to write home about.

Stop living in the past it's 2019 major moves have been made that do not mirror the past 2020 looks to be even brighter. If you choose to reminisce about that past that's your damn business but stop bringing that shit up, and I love my big Microsoft dick thank you very much.

OMG current year, says the guy with a Sega avatar.

Those who fail to learn from the mistakes of the past, are doomed to repeat them.

2020 does look brighter, but I won't believe they're back to their best until I see proof and not fancy PR words

OMG current year, says the guy with a Sega avatar.

Those who fail to learn from the mistakes of the past, are doomed to repeat them.

2020 does look brighter, but I won't believe they're back to their best until I see proof and not fancy PR words
Exactly and everything they are doing proves clearly that they don't intend on repeating the past, but you have those that choose to bring up things like " hahah lol but seriously though what about that 2013 reveal huh. Such a disaster" Like really???

That's a big IF though, I can play Playstation Now on my Sony LCD at home with a Dualshock 4, but what percent of people are actually doing that? Super small... I just don't see the streaming service getting the kind of traction with gamers like physical consoles have, yeah they might snag a new casual gamers, but it not going to be anything to write home about.
It's not going to get that traction now but why not prepare your infrastructure from now so when that inevitable time it is a thing comes they will be more then prepared.

It's not going to get that traction now but why not prepare your infrastructure from now so when that inevitable time it is a thing comes they will be more then prepared.

I am not saying for them not to explore that area, but banking on it like they are talking is just a bad idea, the day 'console' gaming goes to a streaming only platform is the day I am no longer a console gamer.

Exactly and everything they are doing proves clearly that they don't intend on repeating the past, but you have those that choose to bring up things like " hahah lol but seriously though what about that 2013 reveal huh. Such a disaster" Like really???

Putting quote marks around a load of bullshit I never said doesn't make it more true.

I am not saying for them not to explore that area, but banking on it like they are talking is just a bad idea, the day 'console' gaming goes to a streaming only platform is the day I am no longer a console gamer.
But they are not soley banking on that alone, hence the reason why they have consoles coming, doubling down on PC releases..etc..

DanielsM

Banned
So if they have consoles coming still, then console sales still matter, correct?

Not really, but to try and stay relevant until they have all the services ready and they can try to get users moved over.... years. Its not about gaining console customers, its about keeping the existing ones and gaining services customers.

So if they have consoles coming still, then console sales still matter, correct?
Not nearly as much as in the past. If they sell 30 billion dollars in Game Pass Subs and xcloud they wouldn't care if they sell 1 console. Highly unlikely this early in the game but just so you see my point of view.

Not really, but to try and stay relevant until they have all the services ready and they can try to get users moved over.... years. Its not about gaining console customers, its about keeping the existing ones and gaining services customers.
Not nearly as much as in the past. If they sell 30 billion dollars in Game Pass Subs and xcloud they wouldn't care if they sell 1 console. Highly unlikely this early in the game but just so you see my point of view.

It's technically still their bread and butter until xCloud takes off, that is more of an IF it takes off, again, look at Stadia. It would be really dumb of them to pull a lot of their focus off of consoles until the infrastructure is more widespread, not everyone has a low latency internet connection and no data caps to support what they want to do. Microsoft is too giddy to jump to the next thing which is going to end up burning them in the ass, just like the whole fiasco when Xbox One launched.

It's technically still their bread and butter until xCloud takes off, that is more of an IF it takes off, again, look at Stadia. It would be really dumb of them to pull a lot of their focus off of consoles until the infrastructure is more widespread, not everyone has a low latency internet connection and no data caps to support what they want to do. Microsoft is too giddy to jump to the next thing which is going to end up burning them in the ass, just like the whole fiasco when Xbox One launched.
With all due respect we have no idea what kind of revenue Game Pass is bringing MS right now. We can speculate all we want but we just don't know what's going on.

I can't wait!!!!!

If only the name was better....just doesn't sound natural to speak it. Maybe something like
Xbox model X and Xbox model Z

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
Put your Microsoft dick down.

It isn't a salty post, it's a post of a disappointed Xbox fan. To see Microsoft at their peak for a decade (2001-2011) only to see them go to shit, it's disappointing and people like you and the other sycophantic fuck-holes who downplay criticism of Microsoft, intended to get them back on track, do nothing other than give false-feedback that everything is great, which leads to more fuck ups.
You're absolutely right...........................................................if this was 2013. Jesus. Come to the front of the bus, my dude.

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
Woah! That takes balls, seeing as Sony moneyhats all kinds of games to keep off Xbox on the daily. Yikes!

Top Bottom