• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series X sales increased by with 1335% after the showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

noise36

Imagine how much higher it would be if Starfield was only coming out on Series X.
Like a PlayStation or switch game?

This is something people dont seem to understand, even if the consoles all had the same amount of customers Xbox would sell way less due to day one release on console, PC and cloud. i.e. they don't force you to buy a console so sell less consoles

Last edited:
I say this as a series x owner: is that because they had fuck all sales prior to the showcase?

As an aside, there was really nothing in that showcase for me. My X will remain my fancy way of playing old games, I guess.

Kikorin

Just a reminder that similar articles with random huge percentage were all over the internet in Wii U era every now and then, but didn't helped. Not saying Xbox is doing similar numbers, but since we don't know the data, is completely useless.

TLZ

Banned
Still rank 812 in video games here.

I Dont Care Whatever GIF

ToTTenTranz

Banned
Where are those numbers coming from? I'm on amazon.fr looking at the Series X but I can't see sales proportions anywhere. Where is "actugaming.net" taking those 1335% from?

It also looks like amazon.fr had the Series X overpriced at 599€ until recently, which is why they're now claiming a 17% discount at the moment despite selling at the 499€ MSRP.

TdFBj0T.png

I'd say if Amazon.fr was trying to sell a Series X for 600€ / $650 without any game bundle up until yesterday, they weren't selling a lot of consoles.

Last edited:

Unknown?

We have to believe that the presentation held last night convinced many people to make the purchase. Not for the new Xbox Series S, but for the Xbox Series X, which rose to the top of Amazon sales by taking first place, with an increase of 1,335%, just that .

Article is in french
Hmmm that shows there was no supply issues as claimed.

Xbox series x is temporary out of stock on Amazon US
Here's the Top 100 for the month, so far.
It may have sold out, but it didn't help it's standing much by doing so. It currently sits at #92.

So you think there was literally 0 Xbox’s sold, or was that your attempt at trying to come off with an edgy wit?
No I just explain how maths work for the uninitiated. I’m sure Xbox has a spike in sales now after the showcase, but there’s no numbers so it might be almost nothing, sitting at 92 of 100 on the list I read somewhere here, or a lot.

We’ll never really know, but what I can predict is that this surge of sales, no matter what the numbers are, will be short lived, and not sustainable until/unless Xbox has a steady stream of periodically releasing top games, something which they’re not so good at yet.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Go for it. Not sure what that has to do with my screenshot.
Everything to do with it…you screenshot Amazon on one Series X listing and circled that it’s out of stock. It’s in stock a bunch of places, or am I misunderstanding the point you were trying to get across?

twilo99

I suspect CoD had something to do with it..

Imagine how much higher it would be if Starfield was only coming out on Series X.

Sure but that would be awful and indeed anti consumer.. making a game only available on one console should’ve really be a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom