• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series X sales increased by with 1335% after the showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

icerock

c6iBgtc.png

The headline is misleading, it is #1 in Xbox Series S and X Consoles (whatever the fuck that means)

Actual Top 8

4EvSJmj.png

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
These fools purposely withheld stock just for this moment and called it a shortage due to supply…if you believe otherwise, you have the blinders on full force. There has been steady stock of X in all three of the major stores in my area. Yes, numbers would have bumped a large amount regardless, but for Phil to claim supply issues are over literally the same day as the conference is the tip off. At least for me it is, but truthfully what do I really know? I’m just a pawn anyway 🤷‍♂️

Schmick

I'm going the GeForce Now route with Game Pass Ultimate before I shell out on a console.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding but I don't think you can play Xbox games on Geforce Now using Gamepass. I always thought you needed to purchase the game from Steam to play it on Geforce Now.

Impressive to be honest. But the question is, how many units were being sold before the gargantuan increase of more than 13x ?
That is the question, because Xbox has not actually made a statement of how many units they shipped in total. It could have been a 100k and it rose to 1.33 million. Or it could have been much lower than that and it was, say 10k and it rose to 133k. Honestly it's hard to tell, but it's still quite impressive nonetheless!!!

Last edited:

Tsaki

The June hardware sales thread for Europe, UK and US will be interesting when they release the numbers in a month.

2+2=4
Good first party games = more console sales
And this is after the starfield showcase
Imagine releasing 1 big game every 2 to 3 month and give actual competition to playstation and see how the tides will turn.
If starfield is what I think it is I can bet It will sell good amount of consoles

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Probably starfield. But imagine the chaos that would insue this fall if Nintendo were to stealth launch a switch 2 and a dedicated 20tf console this fall.

Tams

13.35 x. None of this more than 100% bullshit.

Not that many more if you're not selling many to begin with.

Kvally

Banned
But Phil told me he could ship starfield and have it be GOTY and it still wont move the needle.
But he didn't say that. He said that if Starfield received an 11/10 that gamers wouldn't switch ecosystems and sell their PS5 for an Xbox because they have hundreds if not thousands of games in their digital library. And it makes sense. I have 800 games in my Xbox library. If I didn't already have a PS5 with hundreds of games, I wouldn't leave my Xbox ecosytem because an 11/10 came out on PS5. I would BUY a PS5 along with my Xbox to play that 11/10 game, but my library is on my Xbox.

People owning all three systems is a minority. MS did this to themselves. They missed the boat last gen, and they will never catch it at this pace. People's libraries of digital games keep growing and growing and growing on their PS. They aint dumping that shit.

The best MS can hope for is reeling in more PC players and ALL NEW gamers. Your best customer though is the return customer. They spend the most money. Sony has that printing money for them. It has MS scrambling for a different niche.

splattered

But he didn't say that. He said that if Starfield received an 11/10 that gamers wouldn't switch ecosystems and sell their PS5 for an Xbox because they have hundreds if not thousands of games in their digital library. And it makes sense. I have 800 games in my Xbox library. If I didn't already have a PS5 with hundreds of games, I wouldn't leave my Xbox ecosytem because an 11/10 came out on PS5. I would BUY a PS5 along with my Xbox to play that 11/10 game, but my library is on my Xbox.

People owning all three systems is a minority. MS did this to themselves. They missed the boat last gen, and they will never catch it at this pace. People's libraries of digital games keep growing and growing and growing on their PS. They aint dumping that shit.

The best MS can hope for is reeling in more PC players and ALL NEW gamers. Your best customer though is the return customer. They spend the most money. Sony has that printing money for them. It has MS scrambling for a different niche.

100% correct, people just twisting his words for their own narrative but you know... Gaf will be Gaf sometimes.

Barakov

Gold Member
We have to believe that the presentation held last night convinced many people to make the purchase. Not for the new Xbox Series S, but for the Xbox Series X, which rose to the top of Amazon sales by taking first place, with an increase of 1,335%, just that .

Article is in french
Oh My Wow GIF by Curiosity Stream

They put out a hell of a show. So that's not surprising. That's the biggest number they've been able to tout in a while.

T-Cake

Maybe I'm misunderstanding but I don't think you can play Xbox games on Geforce Now using Gamepass. I always thought you needed to purchase the game from Steam to play it on Geforce Now.

No, you're right - at this point in time. But Sarah Bond of Xbox announced yesterday that GPU members will be able to play the PC versions of the games on GeForce Now. Problem is she didn't give a timescale for it.

Schmick

No, you're right - at this point in time. But Sarah Bond of Xbox announced yesterday that GPU members will be able to play the PC versions of the games on GeForce Now. Problem is she didn't give a timescale for it.
How did I miss that! That's huge! I've been tempted by Geforce Now but haven't because I play MS games mainly via Gamepass and my Steam library is rather sparse on Geforce Now.

DeaDPo0L84

Take heed Sony. No one wants your GaaS shite. Focus on what you are good at.

Very happy for Xbox! Keep on making banger games 💯 !
This is still odd to me. Xbox first party had zero to do with this game . They literally inherited a game by way of buying a publisher outright. Sure it's "console" exclusive but this isn't cause Phil suddenly lit a fire under the studios he had previously. It's because they have a seemingly endless war chest to buy a sure hit cause their current catalog was lacking.

I already pre-ordered two copies on PC so this isn't to try and bash Starfield or anything. I just don't see how people view this as Xbox finally getting their crap together, cause it's not indicative of that at all.[/IMG]

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
If they actually released completed games on disc from thier first party studios, I may be tempted to buy an Xbox console again. Until then, I will treat them as a glorified publisher for PC.

Ar¢tos

5000 games being made, sales up 1335% in 1 day, this thing is ON FIRE!
What's next for Xbox?
EA and 2K give themselves to MS for free?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
5000 games being made, sales up 1335% in 1 day, this thing is ON FIRE!
What's next for Xbox?
EA and 2K give themselves to MS for free?

EA Play is already a part of GPU, expecting NFS Unbound and Dead Space to drop in the next month or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom