• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 FIFA Confederations Cup | OT | 17 June – 2 July 2017 | Putin on a show

RocknRola

André Gomes. Dat quality finishing. >.>

EDIT:

lol Vidal, you want none of Bruno Alves.
91545ac52d255c24c8963939c4c0d3ccae58808a.jpg

RocknRola

20+ minutes in and still a good match. Let's see if both teams can keep it up.

Also, nasty tackle by Jara on André Silva.

My neighbors have a TV cable provider different than mine, and it seems they always receive the signal like 3 seconds before me.

So I always hear screams and I'm like "wtf is going to happen?!!!!!!!!"

Zasa

Honestly, Aranguiz had enough space there to bring it down & make something out of it :( That damn volley though

RocknRola

My neighbors have a TV cable provider different than mine, and it seems they always receive the signal like 3 seconds before me.

Ha, know what that is :p It sucks, every sudden scream makes you go "WHAT!!? WHAT!?" lol

FuuRe

You're luckier than I am, We're watching it on the TVN stream since I'm at work, we have maybe a couple minutes of delay.

Luckily this is a 14th floor, no spoiler...erm...ish neighbors

Way to go Silva, way to get a free card. I see those shitty Porto habits are well ingrained in him.

I don't get that behaviour in some players, Vidal is the same a lot of times.

Why in the hell do you complain like a spoiled child when the referee already made a decision?

RocknRola

I don't get that behaviour in some players, Vidal is the same a lot of times.

Why in the hell do you complain like a spoiled child when the referee already made a decision?

I want to say that it's the heat of the moment, but with some cases (like this one) it's just............something? Not even sure. I'd mostly point it to bad habits gained in their respective clubs (usually playing in a big club in any league means you get less cards for stuff like this).

Still stupid and I can easily see him making a dumb tackle and getting sent off.

Fucking hell, I need to get out of my home again, I'll miss the rest of the match.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...............UUUUUUUUUUUUCK :mad:

John Dunbar

correct about everything
so with the video refereeing goals that are offside are disallowed, but what happens if the referee gives a penalty because someone tackles someone in a clear goal scoring position that video refereeing would show as offside?

RocknRola

so with the video refereeing goals that are offside are disallowed, but what happens if the referee gives a penalty because someone tackles someone in a clear goal scoring position that video refereeing would show as offside?

Video ref calls out the ref and if things are correct that penalty should be cancelled out. Penalties are part of the things they're on the lookout for (plenty of those are faked or not called by the refs).

In the U-17 World Cup quite a few were given and taken by the video ref, for example.

Also, I think the attacker being offside cancels out any foul in his favour. That said, the defender that tackled him could still get a card (if the ref considers it worthy). As always the actual issue isn't so much a video ref or not (although it helps a looot), but how open to interpretation the rules in football are.

---------

André Gomes not subbed out. WHY FERNANDO!? WHY MUST WE SUFFER LIKE THIS!?

Top Bottom