• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 FIFA Confederations Cup | OT | 17 June – 2 July 2017 | Putin on a show

v1lla21

Australia played a great game. Would've been a W if the players could've finished. Very surprised with Chile though, complete shit match on their part. Nonexistent midfield and leaving way to many spaces in the back.

See you in the final, Chile.

Germany is going to crush us on Thursday :'(.

Just wait to see the pathetic excuses, like "we were missing Guardado" or "we did our best", while the pathetic excuse for a coach completely slays the team functioning by putting in players in positions they don't play on, and who haven't played at all. Just he can brag about how his bullshit coach style "works" (and the apologist will go wild too).

But hey, some of them may get hired by European teams!

That's okay, I'm not actually sorry either.

But come on, it's rank 4 vs. rank 48, we know it perhaps shouldn't have been competitive on paper, and we know Australia's outperformed expectations. Beyond that, there's no need to throw stones.

Rankings are skewed as you get the most points by beating teams above you and the type of game played.

So Europe and sth America stay up the top but Asia rarely played those teams in competitive games.

We (Asian teams) only really jump rankings if the do well at world cups.

From what I've seen Australia isn't a bad team. They'd still be winning this match if they had better finishing.

Our two best players were rested too (mooy and rogic).

They are injury prone and three games in a week is too much for them.

We travelled further (by a lot of km) and had less rest days than Chile too.

Our last couple World Cup qualifiers are coming up next month and we need moot and rogic fit for that.

We had golden chances against Germany, Cameroon and Chile but don't have the finishing at international football yet.

Altazor

probably the worst match Chile has played in this Cup. Pizzi got it all wrong, I think he underrated Australia.

On the other hand, Postecoglou's team was set up pretty much perfectly. The fact that they were constantly kicking our players around helped a lot, too :p

Now... Portugal.

That doesn't say much, since very few teams have accomplished that.

Try to use your brain next time if you want to troll and have some success ;)

It says everything.

Football is a minor sport here, and we drew with you guys, people who cry about this sport.

We'll happily win world championships in other sports, yet this is it for Chile.

Zasa

It says everything.

Football is a minor sport here, and we drew with you guys, people who cry about this sport.

We'll happily win world championships in other sports, yet this is it for Chile.

k4f1iom_1__by_stonehot316-d6u0gaz.gif

That's okay, I'm not actually sorry either.

But come on, it's rank 4 vs. rank 48, we know it perhaps shouldn't have been competitive on paper, and we know Australia's outperformed expectations. Beyond that, there's no need to throw stones.

First, sorry if I've sounded like a dick, sometimes I'm way too blunt, but I do that with my team too.

Today we didn't deserve to advance to the next round cause we were plain and simple pathetic, and that allowed your team to look good, but Chile in a good (normal) day should have win this clearly.

Anyways, it's pretty clear to me Germany is the stronger team so far and my bet when it comes to end as champion.

Don't get banned for this guy, he has been writing imbecility after imbecility from the beginning.

Let him be.

-----------------

Congrats to the other 3 teams. As some other dude said above, those two matches look like they will be fun to watch :)

I'm cool weon

First, sorry if I've sounded like a dick, sometimes I'm way too blunt, but I do that with my team too.

Today we didn't deserve to advance to the next round cause we were plain and simple pathetic, and that allowed your team to look good, but Chile in a good (normal) day should have win this clearly.

Anyways, it's pretty clear to me Germany is the stronger team so far and my bet when it comes to end as champion.

I keep stressing this was an Australian team without its two best players. Both midfielders. Lecckie was also a sub and he is generally a starter.

If they play, our midfield is ten times better. No joke.

I also agree Germany are streets ahead of the three other teams in the group, but objectively the other three teams are pretty similar on their best days.

Don't be fooled by the flamboyant haircuts and tough-guy stickers on the Chileans.

It says everything.

Chile didn't have to win though. Even losing was enough for us.

We tied the match, we kicked you out of the tournament.

Germany Vs. Mexico is gonna be the best game of the whole tourney.

I'd like to see Chile-México in the final game, but I think your team has zero chance against Germany, those guys are like a damn machine, restless and extremely efficient.

If Chile "remembers" how to play football (unlike today) I can see them winning against Portugal, but it will be a tough match.

No, but that is not the point. If the Australian b team is mediocre, and you guys drew with us after being outplayed, I wouldn't get your hopes up weon.

Mexico may beat Germany because they are like those jelly-like things that grow in the water, and they absolutely thrive when the water is a stronger team. Germany's squad is pretty young, I wouldn't bet on them.

Oh you don't get it. Australia didn't even want to win. They didn't come to this tournament hoping to win. Those pro players are actually rugby players in disguise. But for Chile this is it, you're done for. Delete your country.

That dude is a clear troll. Don't reply to his posts.

I'd like to see Chile-México in the final game, but I think your team has zero chance against Germany, those guys are like a damn machine, restless and extremely efficient.

If Chile "remembers" how to play football (unlike today) I can see them winning against Portugal, but it will be a tough match.
We already saw Chile Mexico. It was a bloodbath.

No, but that is not the point. If the Australian b team is mediocre, and you guys drew with us after being outplayed, I wouldn't get your hopes up weon.

I heard the same thing in the last two Copa America. The ones we won ;)

Good luck next time though. Maybe you will even be able to get past group stage mate!

Oh you don't get it. Australia didn't even want to win. They didn't come to this tournament hoping to win. Those pro players are actually rugby players in disguise. But for Chile this is it, you're done for. Delete your country.

That dude is a clear troll. Don't reply to his posts.

Nah I'm not trolling.

Chileans think they played badly, unwilling to concede they were outplayed for the majority of the match by Australia. Yeah the score was 1-1 but Australia, and Chile, should have scored more.

Both these teams won't win any international tournaments if they don't take some of the chances they were gifted today. You only get one or two chances against a world cup winning calibre team and you need to take them.

Both teams will be 'also rans' yet Chile will put their team on a pedestal. So I find that amusing.

BTW, football is popular here, way more than rugby, but it doesn't get support financially or in the media because we win at other sports, people want to support winners.

It's 3am here on a Monday morning. A troll doesn't get up to watch a football match at that time.

We already saw Chile Mexico. It was a bloodbath.

That's one of the reason I'd love a Chile-México.

IMO, it would be such a fantastic match cause México would try its best to defeat us and have a "revenge", so no speculative game, tons of tension ,both teams playing like there is no tomorrow, everything what a final needs.

We'll see. As I said, I just can't imagine México beating Germany, and if Chile plays like today, we have no chance at all against Portugal.

I'm still mad at how crappy our performance was today.

I heard the same thing in the last two Copa America. The ones we won ;)

Good luck next time though. Maybe you will even be able to get past group stage mate!

We have been past the group stage before. I hope that next year we will again (if we aren't drawn against Brazil or Germany in our group once again).

But yeah, I like Chile and I have many Chilean friends (they are currently keeping me up on whatsapp, I've been there five times), but this team won't win a wc sorry.

I saw Brazil v Australia a couple weeks ago, that team will run circles around this Chilean team in October.

clemenx

Banned
I'm amused at the number of people I've seen wondering when they're gonna see Timo Werner in a big club.

Can't wait until RB Leipzig wins the CL in 2-3 years.

*flees before Germans kill me*

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Germany is going to crush us on Thursday :'(.

Just wait to see the pathetic excuses, like "we were missing Guardado" or "we did our best", while the pathetic excuse for a coach completely slays the team functioning by putting in players in positions they don't play on, and who haven't played at all. Just he can brag about how his bullshit coach style "works" (and the apologist will go wild too).

But hey, some of them may get hired by European teams!
But... the starting XI nearly all plays in Europe...

Mexico's midfield is going to need to bust out a Kaio-ken for Germany. Assuming Osorio actually decides to play midfielders. Picking Germany regardless.

I think Chile will take it over Portugal due to volume of chances.

Zasa

Medel, Beausejour, Aranguiz, & most importantly, Diaz, start. Great news.

Barnardo is fit & starts for Portugal though

RocknRola

Medel, Beausejour, Aranguiz, & most importantly, Diaz, start. Great news.

Barnardo is fit & starts for Portugal though

Bernardo.

Outside of Pepe (since he Pepe'd it up for no damn reason lol) both teams *should* be at their full strength (at least considering the 23 they have available right now), which is always a plus. On the downside we're playingAndré Gomes, so that's 10 vs 11 right there lol

In any case, hope it's a good match!

Top Bottom