• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 FIFA Confederations Cup | OT | 17 June – 2 July 2017 | Putin on a show

Altazor

It seems like a cliché/meme, but really: german efficiency. They had only a couple of chances and they scored two goals (and could've been three if not for Ochoa). Mexico have had their chances and they wasted 'em.

Hopefully they can manage to score during the second half.

The score really doesn't reflect the match so far. What a shame about the first 10 minutes being so decisive.

That happens when the joke of a coach in your team decides to use the team as guinea pig.

It was not until the second goal that you could see every player in the Mexican side think "F this crap" and just play as they normally do. The Copa America match must have thaugh that.

Too bad that means we still have Chicharo and Dos Santos on the pitch.

Gilgamech

Lozano in- good
Aquino out- why?!
Why can't we have players in their natural position? We don't need a striker at the wing when there's talented wingers on the team.

Ostinatto

Esta bién, saben por qué esta bien? porque Mexico no reventó la pelota, está muy bien, porque Mexico no sabe, no tienen idea contra quién esta jugando ni como está planteando el partido, está bien !!

Altazor

g3JVg.gif

Mimosa97

I was gonna ask why Germany got invited to the confederation Cup and then I remembered that they won the 2014 WC.

And now I just realized that the next WC is in less than a year.

Also it's in Russia.

What could go wrong huh

GlamFM

Banned
I was gonna ask why Germany got invited to the confederation Cup and then I remembered that they won the 2014 WC.

And now I just realized that the next WC is in less than a year.

Also it's in Russia.

What could go wrong huh

And the next one is in Katar.

Let that sink in for a while.

v1lla21

He's taking out Jonathan, Why? this dude's a fucking idiot. Hope he gets fired.

He took out the two best players on the field.

RocknRola

So, a repeat of Portugal vs Mexico and Chile vs Germany. I suspect the Portugal vs Mexico match will be played almost like a friendly.

RocknRola

Germany playing with their B team, right? (can't watch right now)

Yeah, pretty much. Arguably some "C team" members in there too, considering how many young players are there. All of them good though, bright future ahead of Germany if these players don't get "lost" during their career.

Plus ( a BIG plus IMO), the A team all got some decent vacations, which will help at their clubs and perhaps even during the WC next year too.

---

Oh, Jimenez almost scored a great header just now.

Top Bottom