• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Almost 2 After It Was Released, No News Yet for Final Fantasy 7 Remake on Xbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infamy v1

Doesn’t really matter how long they bought exclusivity for its the same idea at the end of the day.

So three-month Stalker 2 exclusivity (indie) is comparable to upwards of two YEARS moneyhats by Sony (for AAA games from publishers like SE) because it's the same idea at the end of the day, therefore it doesn't matter?

Then why do Sony fanboys cry about Bethesda, especially where in this case MS needs to fund, bankroll and nuture their studios unlike Sony with the equivalent? Shouldn't really matter since it's the same thing at the end of the day, am I right? Or am I right?

Last edited:
Both Sony & Microsoft do it. The silly back and forth some of you are engaging in is kinda pointless; I don't see what going in circles over it will achieve. They both have engaged in similar practices to make their platform look more attractive to potential buyers and they will continue to do that.

Sony isn't better or worse for doing it and neither is Microsoft. Of course it sucks for those that are affected by it but that's pretty much any industry in some way form or another.
This. It's just business. Companies are gonna do what they gotta do to make what they sell more attractive to the consumer.

So three-month Stalker 2 exclusivity (indie) is comparable to upwards of two YEARS moneyhats by Sony (for AAA games from publishers like SE) because it's the same idea at the end of the day, therefore it doesn't matter?

Then why do Sony fanboys cry about Bethesda, especially where in this case MS needs to fund, bankroll and nuture their studios unlike Sony with the equivalent? Shouldn't really matter since it's the same thing at the end of the day, am I right? Or am I right?

Yes, its thte same idea, you are paying to keep the game off the competitors platform to make yours more attractive. Doesn’t matter if its 3 months or 3 years.

Microsoft has done far longer exclusivity than stalker also. Cuphead was exclusive for almost 3 years on xbox

It's telling that uncle Phil shelled out for Stalker while Sony shelled out for Final Fantasy.
And Epic! Let's not forget they are writing out checks to SquareEnix for exclusivity.

If you like Japanese games perhaps an Xbox console was a poor choice?

Vognerful

Yes, its thte same idea, you are paying to keep the game off the competitors platform to make yours more attractive. Doesn’t matter if its 3 months or 3 years.

Microsoft has done far longer exclusivity than stalker also. Cuphead was exclusive for almost 3 years on xbox
Cuphead could not port it earlier because they didn't had the fund to do.

Even the switch port was done when Xbox themselves asked them to do it, not the other way around.

Vognerful

It's telling that uncle Phil shelled out for Stalker while Sony shelled out for Final Fantasy.
And Epic! Let's not forget they are writing out checks to SquareEnix for exclusivity.

If you like Japanese games perhaps an Xbox console was a poor choice?
We are not discussing japanese games I. General; we are talking about final fantasy. This series had been a multiplatform longer than it was a Sony exclusive.

Vognerful

Since many people are saying that you should buy a playstation if you want a jrpg, or that jrpg don't sell well on Xbox.

Jrpg did not put their games on Xbox for long time. Most gamers who want jrpg are buying them on PC or playstation.

Release a jrpg on Xbox , the demographic is no longer there.

Jrpg games don't sell on Xbox

Repeat the cycle.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
it's not releasing on xbox because
1. Square enix is in bed with sony and is practically begging to get bought out by them
2. most xbox players don't have much interest in japanese games (elden ring is an exception not the norm)
i personally don't care since i have a PC already and the remake is honestly kind of shit when compared to the original (lack of content, worse characters, exclusive to EGS while original is on steam, awful fucking port, etc)
plus xbox doesnt need japanese franchises and never has. the console's success has nothing to do with japan and the console sells less than 1m units in japan on the regular. if you wanted japanese games then you really shouldn't have bought an xbox

Last edited:

dcmk7

Banned
No I'm right.

The funniest thing is you are clearly clueless and literally have no idea how it works.

It's just so naive. That's not how it works. Those games would exist without Sony. Not sure why that hurts your frail ego.

When there is no argument resorting to a super defensive post like this is pretty telling.

At least the game exists now eh?

Last edited:
We are not discussing japanese games I. General; we are talking about final fantasy. This series had been a multiplatform longer than it was a Sony exclusive.
Then let's discuss why Microsoft is not trying to get Final Fantasy on their system like they did with FF13?

Direct your anger at MS. Hell vote with your wallet and switch to PlayStation, that would send a message.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
i read through this thread more thouroughly and holy shit why is GAF in so much denial here
JAPAN IS NOT A MATCH WITH XBOX
JRPGS ARE NOT A MATCH WITH XBOX
it's a literal fact. Xbox was revealed to sell like over 3 million consoles over 20 years in japan. MS and their actions have led all of us to believe they do not care about JRPGs. Most Xbox gamers do not give a flying fuck about JRPGs. i get that there are like 5 xbox gamers who want to see FF7 remake on Xbox... but it's not gonna happen until Xbox gamers all of a sudden start really getting into JRPGs. and judging by what gamepass and MS 1st party is feeding them, is probably not gonna be for a fucking while dude. Like holy fuck is it rocket science? everytime someone simply says that Xbox does not mix with japan, they're labeled a fucking fanboy? are you guys mentally insane or just stupid?

Last edited:

Vognerful

Then let's discuss why Microsoft is not trying to get Final Fantasy on their system like they did with FF13?

Direct your anger at MS. Hell vote with your wallet and switch to PlayStation, that would send a message.
What do you mean? I am voting with my wallet.

I did not buy final fantasy on PS4 or ps5 consoles.

Edit:
Also, are you asking Microsoft to pay square to break their contract with Sony? Are you asking for more bidding wars on console exclusives?

Last edited:

Vognerful

JRPGs. and judging by what gamepass and MS 1st party is feeding them, is probably not gonna be for a fucking while dude.
How can they add jrpgs to gamepass if jrpgs are not being released on Xbox?

(By the way, they added dragon quest, that ninja cyberpunk game that I can't remember it's name, octobath traveller, etc.).

The main discussion is about final fantasy, not jrpg in general. And as we have established, final fantasy was available o. Xbox longer than it was a Sony exclusive.

Vognerful

I don't know why people are obsessed with the idea that Xbox has no jrpgs. Xbox had FF titles for long time, tales series now, bandi namco rpg (I can't remember the fucking game), octobath traveller, atlus new title, etc.

Again, the main topic of this subject was final fantasy 7 remake and I rather not to pivot it away for the sake of pity souls.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Yeah, xbox has a lot of JRPGs now. In fact the only real big jrpgs it doesn't have are the ones that Sony actively pays to keep locked to their platform.

That's the literal facts.

Last edited:

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Isn't stalker 2 a 6 month exclusive? Why is it even being brought up if its 6 months? If its a year then I get that they have done a similar deal as Sony were doing with the Bethesda games but if its 6 months, it ain't shit compared to what we have seen with the current Bethesda games and Ff7.

So 6 months is "ok" and doesn't matter at all, people can wait, but a few months more is bad for the industry and that kinda shit?

You guys are now acting like STALKER 2 is nothing and just a small pussy indie game, just to pretend it's only bad for big games. I'm sure when the game is released and gets good scores, then the xbox community will cheer again. Is it confirmed that it's only 3 months then? Why didn't MS just make a deal that it would be on Gamepass without being timed-exclusive? STALKER 2 3/6 months only on Xbox sounds like a complete waist.

I say it again...with the current Xbox and Gamepass shills around "wE dOnT pAy 70 dOlLaH" FF games won't sell on Xbox consoles. The development cost will be more than they end up earning from the xbox.

We don't need to search facts for this...it will and is a fact.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
So 6 months is "ok" and doesn't matter at all, people can wait, but a few months more is bad for the industry and that kinda shit?

You guys are now acting like STALKER 2 is nothing and just a small pussy indie game, just to pretend it's only bad for big games. I'm sure when the game is released and gets good scores, then the xbox community will cheer again. Is it confirmed that it's only 3 months then? Why didn't MS just make a deal that it would be on Gamepass without being timed-exclusive? STALKER 2 3/6 months only on Xbox sounds like a complete waist.

I say it again...with the current Xbox and Gamepass shills around "wE dOnT pAy 70 dOlLaH" FF games won't sell on Xbox consoles. The development cost will be more than they end up earning from the xbox.

We don't need to search facts for this...it will and is a fact.
6 months is not as bad as twelve months. Yes, that is correct. I think it's more fair on all parties, studio still gets an investment and gamers don't have to wait too long to play a great game. Sony were the ones that started this awful practice with games like destiny and then just made it worse and worse.

there will only be a few studios they can do this with in the future as everyone is going to own everyone. I can imagine that the Sony team will still keep bringing up stalker 2 as a counter argument though. A sequel to a loved darling game that wasn't that big and only on PC like 15 years ago to go against the biggest jrpg franchise in history that literally has like 15 sequels and infinite off shoots, movies, media, the lot.

You are also crazy to think that xbox development costs wouldn't be recouped. Even the mediocre ffxv sold millions on xbox, if they are porting to PC its not a huge stretch to goto xbox. You're just trying to use any excuse to defend your poor argument.

Last edited:

Shmunter

6 months is not as bad as twelve months. Yes, that is correct. I think it's more fair on all parties, studio still gets an investment and gamers don't have to wait too long to play a great game. Sony were the ones that started this awful practice with games like destiny and then just made it worse and worse.

there will only be a few studios they can do this with in the future as everyone is going to own everyone. I can imagine that the Sony team will still keep bringing up stalker 2 as a counter argument though. A sequel to a loved darling game that wasn't that big and only on PC like 15 years ago to go against the biggest jrpg franchise in history that literally has like 15 sequels and infinite off shoots, movies, media, the lot.

You are also crazy to think that xbox development costs wouldn't be recouped. Even the mediocre ffxv sold millions on xbox, if they are porting to PC its not a huge stretch to goto xbox. You're just trying to use any excuse to defend your poor argument.
If you were around for the 360/ps3 generation, you'd have seen MS do exactly as Sony has done last gen. They'd have been sued if MS had copyrighted the playbook.

Oh Stop It Me You GIF by Audible

Super rich coming from you.

Lol no i wear my hat for a reason. You may as well embrace it too because everyone sees through your shtick

Last edited:

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year

You must have been born yesterday hah? Xbox invented this massive timed-exclusive thing back in the Xbox 360/PS3 ara.

I'm not bringing STALKER 2 as a counter, just that you can't say one thing is good and the other is bad. Timed-exclusives are timed exclusives. STALKER 2 was just ONE of the many other examples, and you know they have more timed-exclusive releases...don't act like they don't have them.

6 months or 12 months doesn't matter, end of story....

That was before Gamepass existed. I do not have to make excuses. You can't bitch about timed-exclusives when Xbox is still doing it.

To be more specific, almost four in every five copies of the JRPG sold in the U.K. last week were on Sony’s flagship console, with the PS4 version accounting for 79 percent of physical sales of Final Fantasy 15 at launch. By comparison, the Xbox One edition scooped just 21 percent of all copies sold.

A new FF muliplatform release would even go over the 80%...what ends up that it might not even worth to release it on Xbox.

Last edited:

Kumomeme

with Microsoft big acquisition over bethesda, im not suprise Sony forced to retaliate by 'locking' certain japanese exclusive

Last edited:
What do you mean? I am voting with my wallet.

I did not buy final fantasy on PS4 or ps5 consoles.

Edit:
Also, are you asking Microsoft to pay square to break their contract with Sony? Are you asking for more bidding wars on console exclusives?
If you are a Final Fantasy fan you would buy the console that has the games. That would get Microsoft to actually give a shit about Final Fantasy and start writing checks. And I'm not asking for anything it is already happening. In case you hadn't noticed Sony and Microsoft are competing and SquareEnix likes money.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
If you were around for the 360/ps3 generation, you'd have seen MS do exactly as Sony has done last gen. They'd have been sued if MS had copyrighted the playbook.

You must have been born yesterday hah? Xbox invented this massive timed-exclusive thing back in the Xbox 360/PS3 ara.

I'm not bringing STALKER 2 as a counter, just that you can't say one thing is good and the other is bad. Timed-exclusives are timed exclusives. STALKER 2 was just ONE of the many other examples, and you know they have more timed-exclusive releases...don't act like they don't have them.

6 months or 12 months doesn't matter, end of story....

That was before Gamepass existed. I do not have to make excuses. You can't bitch about timed-exclusives when Xbox is still doing it.

A new FF muliplatform release would even go over the 80%...what ends up that it might not even worth to release it on Xbox.
You guys know Sony invented this with the ps1 right?

Tomb raider, ff7..the list goes on.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
You guys know Sony invented this with the ps1 right?

Tomb raider, ff7..the list goes on.

What about that? PS was publisher of the first game for the PS1 version. The game came for Dos and Saturn in the first year.

Sega Saturn
EU: 25 October 1996
NA: 14 November 1996
JP: 24 January 1997

PlayStation
EU: 22 November 1996
JP: 14 February 1997

MS-DOS

The Xbox wasn't even materialized, try harder cry babies.

Last edited:

Vognerful

What about that? PS was publisher of the first game for the PS1 version. The game came for Dos and Saturn in the first year.

Sega Saturn
EU: 25 October 1996
JP: 24 January 1997

PlayStation
JP: 14 February 1997

MS-DOS

The Xbox wasn't even materialized, try harder cry babies.
Glass house.

You should learn that you lost the argument.

They have always done this.

What MS brought was exclusive DLC which was a dumb idea from the start. Remember those 2 story expansions for GTAIV? Or those 2 expansions for Tomb Raider Underworld, etc? MS was like "let's grab those IPs people relate to PlayStation and make our ecosystem the place to play them".

That gave Sony ideas since they still do stuff like that nowadays...that's the thing Xbox started.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Glass house.

You should learn that you lost the argument.

Is that what you mean "lost", when TR was released simultaneously on multiple platforms? Perhaps you should have looked at the facts before you came to talk.

Lol, fuck off dude.

Last edited:

Vognerful

If you are a Final Fantasy fan you would buy the console that has the games. That would get Microsoft to actually give a shit about Final Fantasy and start writing checks. And I'm not asking for anything it is already happening. In case you hadn't noticed Sony and Microsoft are competing and SquareEnix likes money.
How many times do I have to repeat that final fantasy games were multiplatform RECENTLY AND LONGER than they were exclusive to Sony. All final fantasy titles except 7 remake were released or ported to Xbox. Why in your mind Xbox is not a final fantasy console

Even ff16 is only times for 1 year.

Vognerful

Is that what you mean "lost", when TR was released simultaneously on multiple platforms?

Lol, fuck off dude.
Lost? When showing that whataboutism is not an argument? Given that Sony done it prior to Xbox existance?

Are going to pretend that the sequels were locked on Sony?

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Lost? When showing that whataboutism is not an argument? Given that Sony done it prior to Xbox existance?

Are going to pretend that the sequels were locked on Sony?

TR wasn't locked on a single platform so you full of shit what you are saying. And looking at FF on wikipedia, this franchise is far....far from a xbox franchise.

It's just funny seeing bitches like you crying over timed-exclusives as if only Sony did it, but you dare not admit that in the 360 era Xbox did this almost exclusively to get games. PS1 was the most popular platform at that time. Developers wanted to develop for that console. How do you think it went between Sega and Nintendo?

Last edited:

sainraja

Nah one relies on it as a foundation of their software business while the other rarely engages in it.

I guess if it ever happens it'll happen a year from whenever that DLC came out for it.
Nah, that entirely depends on which company holds the most influence/has the advantage over the market and when MS had that with the 360, they engaged in the same exact thing (GTA/COD). Sony had it with the PS4 and they took advantage of that the same way (Destiny/COD). You can continue to play favorites and defend the company you are more fond of but they both do it and looking at their history shows it. I've seen this argument recycled a million times over. Now it's just tiring.

Last edited:

Vognerful

TR wasn't locked on a single platform so you full of shit what you are saying. And looking at FF on wikipedia, this franchise is far....far from a xbox franchise.

It's just funny seeing bitches like you crying over timed-exclusives as if only Sony did it, but you dare not admit that in the 360 era Xbox did this almost exclusively to get games. PS1 was the most popular platform at that time. Developers wanted to develop for that console. How do you think it went between Sega and Nintendo?
Bro you played yourself!

This thread was created to discuss why final fantasy 7 remake not releasing on Xbox, even though it is claimed to be a timed exclusive. If you think it is timed, why it was not released? If it is permenant, then your bunch of arguments related to timed exclusives is irrelevant.

It dwendled to this shit talk because a bunch of great folks like you started to " lol, Xbox losers!" "Xbox did it first" "buy a PS4".

Which console can you play ff13 trio on

tell me more will smith GIF

shut the fuck up GIF

One more thing, if you did not like this thread, you should have spared us your bad input and derail

Dj Khaled Congratulations GIF

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Bro you played yourself!

This thread was created to discuss why final fantasy 7 remake not releasing on Xbox, even though it is claimed to be a timed exclusive. If you think it is timed, why it was not released? If it is permenant, then your bunch of arguments related to timed exclusives is irrelevant.

It dwendled to this shit talk because a bunch of great folks like you started to " lol, Xbox losers!" "Xbox did it first" "buy a PS4".

Which console can you play ff13 trio on

tell me more will smith GIF

shut the fuck up GIF

One more thing, if you did not like this thread, you should have spared us your bad input and derail

Dj Khaled Congratulations GIF

So people bring other examples of timed and you do not give a shit? But you do when i bring an example like STALKER 2. You guys go even way back in time with it. I gave you facts about TR on PS1, and you ignored it…because you were just talking without knowing the facts.

Maybe you need to calm the fuck down because FF7 Remake was timed console exclusive and is now on PC.

This thread was created to discuss why final fantasy 7 remake not releasing on Xbox, even though it is claimed to be a timed exclusive.

Yes because maybe it was never planned to be on the Xbox? But only PS and PC? Is that hard to understand for you?

What do you want to hear? And derail? No you just didn’t want to hear the facts.

Like i already said, go cry harder.

Last edited:

Vognerful

So people bring other examples of timed and you do not give a shit? But you do when i bring an example like STALKER 2. You guys go even way back in time with it. I gave you facts about TR on PS1, and you ignored it…because you were just talking without knowing the facts.

Maybe you need to calm the fuck down because FF7 Remake was timed console exclusive and is now on PC.

What do you want to hear? And derail? No you just didn’t want to hear the facts.

Like i already said, go cry harder.
Way back in time? You guys decided to bring PS3/xbox360. Or does time end your you prefer it to be.

Since you are missing the point, let me repeat for you. After 2 years, why do you think ff7 remake did not release on Xbox given that it is "timed" exclusive?

Oh wait I know! You did not come to discuss. You though you would have a quick laugh by shitting on some people.

Unfortunately for you

Hasan Minhaj Netflix GIF by Patriot Act

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Way back in time? You guys decided to bring PS3/xbox360. Or does time end your you prefer it to be.

Since you are missing the point, let me repeat for you. After 2 years, why do you think ff7 remake did not release on Xbox given that it is "timed" exclusive?

Oh wait I know! You did not come to discuss. You though you would have a quick laugh by shitting on some people.

Unfortunately for you

Hasan Minhaj Netflix GIF by Patriot Act

Uhm first, maybe because some of you cry babies still have nightmares about Sony timed exclusives, but at the same time trying to ignore that MS is still doing to same and did it a fuck lot.

Second, was it ever plannend for the xbox? So far we know it was NEVER. It was timed console exclusive for the PS console and then came out for the PC. So far that was the end of the Timed-exclusive period.

Who is here failing to understand this??? Tell me funny guy?

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member

The timed exclusivity for PlayStation obviously ended when the game was ported to PC a year after it released on PS4. Why the game isn't on Xbox is anyone's guess, but we don't have any factual information on that.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Appreciate the input.

Funny that you ignored my other post were i already told you that the pc release was the timed exclusive, and not because it was announced for the xbox or something.

And you said i was failing?

Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Oh wait I know! You did not come to discuss. You though you would have a quick laugh by shitting on some people

Yeah, well i am right now.

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

That is on atlus. They operate very weirdly. They playing both nintendo and sony fans.
Shin mega tensei is exclusive to nintendo, while persona is more of PS.

With Soul Hackers 2 coming to Xbox that potential Gamepass money down the line has made Sega force Atlus to change its way.

Vognerful

Uhm first, maybe because some of you cry babies still have nightmares about Sony timed exclusives, but at the same time trying to ignore that MS is still doing to same and did it a fuck lot.

Second, was it ever plannend for the xbox? So far we know it was NEVER. It was timed console exclusive for the PS console and then came out for the PC. So far that was the end of the Timed-exclusive period.

Who is here failing to understand this??? Tell me funny guy?
Wow, too much hostility.

Actually we don't know that the exclusivity period is over. We assume so because we expected it to be 1 year. The current speculation is that with the new DLC , Sony extended the contract. Or actually this what most folks think.

This puts June 2022 into spotlight for any new speculation for when a steam port or an Xbox port could be seen.

The timed exclusivity for PlayStation obviously ended when the game was ported to PC a year after it released on PS4. Why the game isn't on Xbox is anyone's guess, but we don't have any factual information on that.

True.

Maybe Sony paid to keep it off Xbox or maybe Square isn't interested in bringing it to the platform. I can either being true to be honest.

Hard to come to any conclusions without any hard evidence.

sainraja

Most of the arguments in this thread can be summarized to:
"The company I like is better than yours."

Xbox was pretty competitive during the X360 era and MS had a lot of influence and they made deals. Sony had to shift strategy and invest internally which ended up paying off for them. The PS4 generation was MS's to lose and they did with the confusing/all over the place messaging and that's when Sony gained the advantage and they held on to it and yes, Sony made similar deals due to the influence they now had.

Stop being stubborn. Both of them are not better or worse for it. If presented the opportunity to have an advantage over their competition again, they both would do it. MS was presented the opportunity to acquire Activision and they jumped at it. Same with Sony + Bungie. Just lay this argument to rest lol.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
People still bought these. And MS made bc for the later.

You put the game there and people will buy it.

If you are talking about the disc, the UK chart showed that Xbox players buy mostly digital. So physical sales are useless to determine the sale.
There is few ways to console-exclusives happen, for example:

- The platform funds the game.
- The platform owns the IP.
- The platform offer money enough to compensate the lose in sales in others platforms.

We know the first 2 are not the case here… so the 3rd is mostly like the case… that means Sony offer a deal that is enough to Square Enix cover the lose in target sales on Xbox platform… that target sales are based in their previous data with similar games launched there.

That $$$ variate from game because games sells different amounts… so a GTA exclusivity is something that no platform holder wants to give the money to make the deal because it is too expensive… at least you need to cover revenue from 30 million of more sales in others platforms.

But that is not the case of Final Fantasy or even Street Fighter games on Xbox… the sales are lower enough to a exclusive deal be cheaper.

Think a bit about… why is way more hard to MS made exclusive deals with big publishers than Sony? Because due the user base and potential sales exclusivity to take a game from Sony platforms is too expensive and probably not worth of it (that is why in 360 MS had a lot more exclusive deal and Rise of Tomb Raider was made before the gen started based on sales potential of the game on 360).

The fact the exclusive deal exists is more about the potential sales in that platform than excuses like “it is bad”, “it is anti-consumer”, “should be illegal” lol

After all it is business… the same happened in all others industry… most popular is a product more expensive is to make a exclusive deal against it… same for Ads in TVs programs… the biggest the audience more expensive is the ad minute between the interval.

Last edited:

wvnative

I'm an Xbox fanboy whose favorite franchise is Final Fantasy

It sucks

For me, I require a lot of adaptive tech to play, and xbox allows that, as does PS4, but Sony blocks it on PS5. I'll be able to play FF16, but it won't be as enjoyable on PS5

ethomaz

Banned
Most of the arguments in this thread can be summarized to:
"The company I like is better than yours."

Xbox was pretty competitive during the X360 era and MS had a lot of influence and they made deals. Sony had to shift strategy and invest internally which ended up paying off for them. The PS4 generation was MS's to lose and they did with the confusing/all over the place messaging and that's when Sony gained the advantage and they held on to it and yes, Sony made similar deals due to the influence they now had.

Stop being stubborn. Both of them are not better or worse for it. If presented the opportunity to have an advantage over their competition again, they both would do it. MS was presented the opportunity to acquire Activision and they jumped at it. Same with Sony + Bungie. Just lay this argument to rest lol.
Exactly.
The price of a deal like that is based on how much the Publisher/developer expect/target to sell in the platform it won’t release.

On PS360 it was more even the prices for exclusivity but with PS4 and now PS5 it is cheaper to Sony made these type of deals than MS because the games sells less on Xbox.

But digital on Xbox is big? It is big proportionally to own Xbox version sales… combined physical + digital is still around half of the sale on PlayStation…. Some titles more others less but always with a big advantage for PlayStation in sales.

While that doesn’t change to something like PS360… that is how the business work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom