• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Almost 2 After It Was Released, No News Yet for Final Fantasy 7 Remake on Xbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcmk7

Banned
Without assurances? And your examples are Street Fighter 5 and FFVII Remake? LOL. Two huge games that were going to be made with or without Sony's money. If that's the case and you need assurances, why isn't EVERY third party game a (timed) exclusive? You make no sense. Why wasn't Elden Ring exclusive? Didn't Bandai Namco need a assurances for a huge AAA game like Elden Ring? How did they manage not to go exclusive?!

Damn, you are naive.

Your post is kind of all over the place with some whataboutery thrown in for good measure.

I've done my best to explain how it works and benefits all the parties involved multiple times now. If you look on a smaller scale at some of the quotes various developers have said about GamePass and how it's helped them go forward. Maybe you will get it with SE and FF7R but obviously on a much bigger scale.

What I find most fascinating is where you expect the money from Sony goes.. in your head it doesn't go towards the hugely expensive production costs? It's a naïve way of thinking but ok.

I'm beginning to think you believe they had totally finished the game and then sold the rights. You would have a point if that were true.

Last edited:

dcmk7

Banned
SE couldn’t green light a FF game without the financial assurance from Sony? :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy: hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Man you have twisted that into something beyond all recognition :messenger_grinning_smiling:

It's probably not shocking to say that in general most companies are risk adverse... And when you have a market leading platform holder proposing to significantly foot the bill to an very expensive project certainly helps with the decision making, no?

Wondering why that is so hard for people to understand around here :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Last edited:

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Its on epic, not on steam.

And?

Square is just dickheads, who goes after money.

Well, maybe it cost them more to develop the game for Xbox and get almost nothing out of it in the end.

It might not even sell much on the xbox.

Of course no one said, but they had a pretty boiled plate "won't release on any other platform until 12 months" at the launch trailers, but after 12 months they released the Intergrade version and added more time to the "won't release on any other platform until x months".

Shouldn't take a rocket scientist to see what's happening here. Especially seeing that even the PC version is EGS exclusive.

And? It's still available for everyone with Windows installed on their pc.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Now that the dust has settled on FF7 Remake -
No spoilers - but is the remake even worth playing over the original? I havent played it yet.
All I see is negative reactions to the Remake anymore.
Im not new to the game and was there for the PS1 game's launch.
It is good.
But you need to play the original first for best experience… it is not really required but there have different story lines that is easier to understand if you played the original first.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Man you have twisted that into something beyond all recognition :messenger_grinning_smiling:

It's probably not shocking to say that in general most companies are risk adverse... And when you have a market leading platform holder proposing to significantly foot the bill to an very expensive project certainly helps with the decision making, no?

Wondering why that is so hard for people to understand around here :messenger_grinning_smiling:
Or you know, Square Enix (who are a huge wealthy publisher) were going to remake the most beloved game from their premiere franchise regardless, and then Sony came along and said ‘here’s X million to market the game for PS, and to keep it off Xbox’.

Your version of events is nonsense. It was money hatted. Plain and simple.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
And? It's still available for everyone with Windows installed on their pc.
Yeah and it's not available on any other consoles for obvious reason. That's the whole point folks you're quoting are trying to make.

kingfey

Banned
It is good.
But you need to play the original first for best experience… it is not really required but there have different story lines that is easier to understand if you played the original first.
Original design makes the story entertaining.
The new one is more flashy and distracting.

Or you know, Square Enix (who are a huge wealthy publisher) were going to remake the most beloved game from their premiere franchise regardless, and then Sony came along and said ‘here’s X million to market the game for PS, and to keep it off Xbox’.

That must have been an easy offer for square enix to take. They Dont lose much without xbox. If these games were more popular on xbox, sony would have a much harder time with exclusivity contracts. Final fantasy is easy pickings for them and the deal kinda makes sense for both sony and square enix.

Last edited:

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Steam users can't play the game. Because epic money hated the game. The same thing, Sony did to xbox.

Yes sad for the steam users....

And how do you get this info? From your arse?

Because we are talking about ff7r. Not some unknown game.

let's be a little realistic here. According to Xbox users, we don't buy games anymore. The fan base isn't really there, so I really don't expect big sales numbers either.

Yeah and it's not available on any other consoles for obvious reason. That's the whole point folks you're quoting are trying to make.

Well it was timed-exclusive and it came out on PC. Will it ever come to Xbox?...maybe, But there is also a good chance that this will never happen.

sainraja

Both Sony & Microsoft do it. The silly back and forth some of you are engaging in is kinda pointless; I don't see what going in circles over it will achieve. They both have engaged in similar practices to make their platform look more attractive to potential buyers and they will continue to do that.

Sony isn't better or worse for doing it and neither is Microsoft. Of course it sucks for those that are affected by it but that's pretty much any industry in some way form or another.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
let's be a little realistic here. According to Xbox users, we don't buy games anymore. The fan base isn't really there, so I really don't expect big sales numbers either.
So I guess every 3rd party that sell their games on xbox, gives their games for free, because you said xbox players don't buy games.

I can't believe what I am reading.

Last edited:
So I guess every 3rd party that sell their games on xbox, gives their games for free, because you said xbox players don't buy games.

I can't believe what I am reading.
Good grief. You miss sarcasm. You miss common sense. And you argue facts as if they're a wrong opinion.

I think it's safe if everyone just gives up at this point.

Lmao man you're such a blatant fanboy with these posts and you still try to deny it
Oh Stop It Me You GIF by Audible

Super rich coming from you.

dcmk7

Banned

Of course it benefits Sony to have it exclusive and off Xbox, that wasn't being discussed. At least not with me.

Your version of events is nonsense
A platform holder offering to pay big money to get a title green lit and moving.. that's an absurd and nonsensical idea? I would ask how that could even be possible but I'm just gonna drop that as can't be bothered.

To draw a close to this.. literally the only fact we have is the exclusivity agreement happened and now the game exists after many years of fans clamouring for it.

Without an agreement there is chance, however big or small, that it wouldn't exist right now. Not sure what there is to argue about.

But as a gamer I'm all for more games existing.

Last edited:

Hezekiah

Banned
Not sure where you saw I was worried about Apple/Google. I’m pointing out the hypocrisy of saying Sony will buy Remedy (a studio which made multiple MS exclusives) and then using the « Sony only buys studios they work with » argument.

I have a Hummer, you have a scooter. We both drive through a pedestrian area. Sure, I kill more people because I have more efficient means… but our intent is the exact same.

You think Sony wouldn’t have bought AB if they could? And that they wouldn’t have made Starfield exclusive if they had bought Bethesda? Because they want to avoid industry consolidation? You don’t believe that and you know it.
Seen plenty of Xboys on the forum concern themselves about Apple. Google, Amazon etc, then start celebrating MS do the exact same thing, because gaming is safe in their hands lol.

For the most part. Read what I actually said.

kingfey

Banned
Good grief. You miss sarcasm. You miss common sense. And you argue facts as if they're a wrong opinion.

I think it's safe if everyone just gives up at this point.
What common sense? Don't you see his point?
Just because couple of people said something on internet, means that it's true.
And that is no fact.

ethomaz

Banned
Instead blame somebody why you Xbox fan didn’t buy more FF games in your platform? If FF games where selling well there the option for console exclusive should not exists or be too expensive for a deal.

The deal exist because Square Enix though the money from the deal was better then their sales target on Xbox.

But don’t worry… some years after the Complete edition launches on PS7 it will be “free” on Gamepass because Square Enix won’t miss that addiction revenue on old titles.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
Instead blame somebody why you Xbox fan didn’t buy more FF games in your platform? If FF games where selling well there the option for console exclusive should not exists or be too expensive for a deal.

The deal exist because Square Enix though the money from the deal was better then their sales target on Xbox.

But don’t worry… some years after the Complete edition launches on PS7 it will be “free” on Gamepass because Square Enix won’t miss that addiction revenue on old titles.
Where is the fucking game? There is nothing to buy, especially when the other platform is money hatting the game.

The new ff16 one is 1 year exclusive to PS already.

Varteras

Gold Member
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. No platform fanboy gets to bitch about exclusivity. You can use whatever kind of mental gymnastics you want. Your corporate god is just as guilty as the next and you are just as much of a twat.

kingfey

Banned
No platform fanboy gets to bitch about exclusivity.
3rd party games that is not owned is shit to take it from other platforms. Unless the company owns it, its shit Period.
MS, Nintendo, Sony and Epic all are guilty of that. Anyone who defends them, is twat.

Lognor

Banned
You're actually pretty wrong about almost everything you just said here.
No I'm right.
Your post is kind of all over the place with some whataboutery thrown in for good measure.

I've done my best to explain how it works and benefits all the parties involved multiple times now. If you look on a smaller scale at some of the quotes various developers have said about GamePass and how it's helped them go forward. Maybe you will get it with SE and FF7R but obviously on a much bigger scale.

What I find most fascinating is where you expect the money from Sony goes.. in your head it doesn't go towards the hugely expensive production costs? It's a naïve way of thinking but ok.

I'm beginning to think you believe they had totally finished the game and then sold the rights. You would have a point if that were true.
The funniest thing is you are clearly clueless and literally have no idea how it works.

It's just so naive. That's not how it works. Those games would exist without Sony. Not sure why that hurts your frail ego.

Both Sony & Microsoft do it. The silly back and forth some of you are engaging in is kinda pointless; I don't see what going in circles over it will achieve. They both have engaged in similar practices to make their platform look more attractive to potential buyers and they will continue to do that.

Sony isn't better or worse for doing it and neither is Microsoft. Of course it sucks for those that are affected by it but that's pretty much any industry in some way form or another.

No! this is too reasonable, honest and boring. We need to fight! I have to defend my favourite company!

Whether it’s buying a developer or paying for a timed exclusive. If you were looking forward to something and it gets taken away it does suck. Sure you can always own all platforms but some can’t do that.

teezzy

Banned
I just hope Xbox gets those pixel remasters of the old games

Franchise hasn't been quite the same since it ditched turn based combat tbh

Give me FF 1 through 12 and I'm happy enough i guess

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Isn't stalker 2 a 6 month exclusive? Why is it even being brought up if its 6 months? If its a year then I get that they have done a similar deal as Sony were doing with the Bethesda games but if its 6 months, it ain't shit compared to what we have seen with the current Bethesda games and Ff7.

Last edited:

Varteras

Gold Member
3rd party games that is not owned is shit to take it from other platforms. Unless the company owns it, its shit Period.
MS, Nintendo, Sony and Epic all are guilty of that. Anyone who defends them, is twat.
It doesn't matter. Money is being exchanged to take away franchises from an opposing platform. Temporarily, indefinitely, or permanently. Anyone who doesn't simply accept that this is business, or just feels they both suck hard, and tries to argue one is better than the other is just being a douche. Yes, I've upgraded that status from twat to douche.

Isn't stalker 2 a 6 month exclusive? Why is it even being brought up if its 6 months? If its a year then I get that they have done a similar deal as Sony were doing with the Bethesda games but if its 6 months, it ain't shit compared to what we have seen with the current Bethesda games and Ff7.

Doesn’t really matter how long they bought exclusivity for its the same idea at the end of the day.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X

Nah, my understanding is it's only a 3 month timed exclusive, I don't even know why Xbox bothered to moneyhat it for 3mos unless they were trying to keep Sony from doing it or something. With the horrors going on in the devs homeland, we all will be lucky to play this game whenever it comes out.

adamsapple

Not even six months, based on some leaked documents around the Epic documentation stuff, it was revealed to be 3 months only.

Persona hurts the most.

Yes. I've platinum'ed both Persona 5 and Royal on my PS4 Pro. I would absolutely go for the 1000G if given the chance.

Hopefully all three parts come out on Xbox.

Buy the full package on Xbox Series XXX in 2035.

Varteras

Gold Member
That is gaming. Whether we like it or not. Money is being exchanged, to make the system desirable.

We can be angry as much as we want to, but these companies care about their bottom line.
Exactly. Getting angry about it isn't going to change anything when these companies are spending hundreds of millions to tens of billions to bring content to their platform that will entice consumers away from competitors. Pointing fingers and crying foul overlooks all the times it has happened across the board. You really have no choice but to roll with it and make the best of it.

Buy the full package on Xbox Series XXX in 2035.
Sounds hawt...

kingfey

Banned
You guys had the simultaneous launch with FFXIII (and family) and FFXV.
People still bought these. And MS made bc for the later.

You put the game there and people will buy it.

If you are talking about the disc, the UK chart showed that Xbox players buy mostly digital. So physical sales are useless to determine the sale.

You put the game there and people will buy it.
You can keep saying that, but it's not true. JRPGs have a hard time selling on Xbox.

These publishers are not leaving off Xbox for these games by accident. They know the numbers and whether it makes financial sense to port the game to Xbox or not.

Xbox has its audience. Shooters are king there. JRPG fans gravitate toward PlayStation and Nintendo.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
You can keep saying that, but it's not true. JRPGs have a hard time selling on Xbox.

These publishers are not leaving off Xbox for these games by accident. They know the numbers and whether it makes financial sense to port the game to Xbox or not.

Xbox has its audience. Shooters are king there. JRPG fans gravitate toward PlayStation and Nintendo.
I have already told you the reason. These console are japanese console. The devs will prefer them over xbox, especially with how much xbox sold in japan.

There are not enough japanese users on xbox, and home sales are bad, because of the numbers. Xbox one entire lifetime was 144k.

At least the cultural is changing now. With steam focus, and outside of Japan audience, xbox has chances now to get some japanese games.

Vognerful

How many Final Fantasy games launched on Xbox? 2?

If you really like JRPGs, and specifically Final Fantasy, you need to get the other consoles.
If we are talking launched, then 5 titles (11, 13 trio, and 15).
All previous titles are now also ported to Xbox.
We have also established that FF had been recently a multiplatform longer than it had been a Sony exclusive.

Last edited:

adamsapple

How many Final Fantasy games launched on Xbox? 2?

If you really like JRPGs, and specifically Final Fantasy, you need to get the other consoles.

Almost all of them except FF14 and what looks like 16, and maybe the pre FFVII ones. I can't remember if those ever got Xbox ports.

But, yeah, you're pretty damn wrong with your assertion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom