• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CEO 2015 Fighting Game Tournament - June 26-28

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Pretty cringy whenever people ask JP tourament winners if the US is on Japan's level. Might as well rephrase it as "Hey you're in America please suck our dicks."

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty cringy whenever people ask JP tourament winners if the US is on Japan's level. Might as well rephrase it as "Hey you're in America please suck our dicks."
Also this was his first big tournament win in a long time and he finally qualified for CC...

Codeblue

Pretty crazy finish. USA really helped Kazunoko out by eliminating all of his demons before they had a chance to meet him. Glad he was able to finally get his Capcom Cup spot.

Felt super bad for Strider though. You could see the anxiety in his face when grand finals started.

idk why y'all getting on Mike so hard for that question. I think the reason he asked it was because of what Eduardo tweeted out a couple weeks ago about US in last behind Japan/Europe

Csr

Great play from kazunoko. Amazing that pr balrog got back to such a good form so quickly, he still is the best balrog in the world probably. Props to strider for being able to do so well against dive kick characters, fuck abel though, god i hate him.

Japan is still a level above everyone else overall because of their arcade scene but there are players in other countries that are the best in the world with their characters like Pr balrog, Smug, Louffy...
There is a good reason why in every sport playing at your home city or country is considered a big advantage. The crowd chearing for you a few feet away is a big boost especially for small sets and i think many people overlook that. Having to travel big distances also takes it's toll.

Tripon

idk why y'all getting on Mike so hard for that question. I think the reason he asked it was because of what Eduardo tweeted out a couple weeks ago about US in last behind Japan/Europe

He asked two questions, and both were about the U.S. He didn't even asked how Kazunoko felt about winning CEO, lol.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan

It's compliment fishing. Kaz just won a tournament in America and is surrounded by hundreds of Americans, so of course he's gonna give a crowd pleasing answer when someone gets on stage and asks him how awesome America is.

Not like it's a huge deal or anything but it's pretty obnoxious and useless to ask that considering the environment.

Tripon

rkappa did not send kaz to ceo. They sent pugera only iirc.

I think evo they are sending poongko, alex myer and pugera(?). not sure.

They're sending Poongko, Alex Myer, and KOG Kogi.

KOG Kogi is the unlikely winner of receiving both a NEOGAF and /r/kappa sponsorship, mostly because /r/kappa hates Neogaf, lol.

too bad JUSTIN WONG gave up on this game years ago

murica's only chance is some good ol' fashioned WONG FACTOR

Man Justin has been trying and was going in hard in Ultra until mkx. It wasn't enough. He was good enough for top 8, but not enough to win.

kazunoko is pretty much funded through rkappa

No. He was only sent by kappa to Final Round. He's traveled to Europe, Asia, and US on his own money.

mbpm1

JP stream monster clown on Strider all the time bc of that I hear

Good to know streams are the same everywhere Kappa

Imm0rt4l

https://twitter.com/jiyunaJP/status/615356224402386944

AMERIKAJIN ‏@jiyunaJP 29m29 minutes ago

They asked Kazunoko what he thought about 801Strider and he said "Yaoi Strider??" hahah. 801 can be read as YA-O-I in Japanese.​

CIiNV0KUEAAJyr5.jpg

Judging by the response of everyone here, I'd say that Mike Ross asked the perfect questions. Pushing buttons and evoking emotions. He's literally made a career out of it.

Also, I noticed the stream count pissing contests from yesterday and today pretty much stopped in their tracks once SF4 did its 85k thing. I guess stream numbers only matter to folks when it's NOT SF4...

vulva

I remember USD talking about that (yaoi) after 801Strider played in a japanese tournament years ago. The stream chat was going nuts

Top Bottom