• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CEO 2015 Fighting Game Tournament - June 26-28

Nibel

Leffen nuked that dude, damn
KuGsj.gif

Lucumo

You thinking that a couple of recognizable top players is representative of a huge viewer base from the same country, is a mistake.

Secondly, Perfect Legend and Jwong went to an MKX invitational and lost to European players.

Uhm, didn't you just post something which you accused me of doing?

That's twitch's flash player choking on its own vomits when forced to keep a large buffer. Use tardsplaya and hook it up to your own player (VLC or something) and all problems go away.
I thought so too and tried livestreamer but had the same problems there. Other livestreaming sites work perfectly fine.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Any idea if usf4 semis will be on time? I see 11pm gmt but I'm not sure I'll be home by then, hoping for tournament standard time.

evilalien

I thought so too and tried livestreamer but had the same problems there. Other livestreaming sites work perfectly fine.

If livestreamer is also lagging for you then the most likely causes are either the twitch CDN you are connected to is oversaturated (most likely), or your ISP is having issues. There isn't much you can do about it either way other than turning down the quality.

I agree with Ultradavid's view of Yun. Because he can sometimes steam roll players people feel he's always easy mode.. But that is not necessarily the case.

Lucumo

If livestreamer is also lagging for you then the most likely causes are either the twitch CDN you are connected to is oversaturated (most likely), or your ISP is having issues. There isn't much you can do about it either way other than turning down the quality.

Yep, I go with oversaturation as well since all other services are usually fine. Turning down the quality won't even help in most cases since the speed will go down to anything between 10 and 150 KB/s.

That's t. Hawk in general tbh. To be fair a lot of good characters have some paper rock scissor bullshit.

I've had this discussion many times with my friend who also plays. We believe some characters are just meant to be played this way. Meaning really scrubby or stupid, because it works out for them better than most characters. And if they didn't, they would be easier to fight.

I use to always say that the online T Hawk mix up is to let themselves get rushed down and then forced their opponent to guess between DP or SPD. As dumb as that sounds, I've lost many times because of this and I'm sure a lot of other people have as well :(

Even the best Hawk players uses these tactics. We see it with Native and Koji Kog all the time. The only time they have to play clean is when they're forced to. Kog played a amazingly clean, slow, and controlled game against Justin because Justin refused to put himself in those situation to get random'd.

Uhm, didn't you just post something which you accused me of doing?

No. You made two assumptions. They were both wrong.

Basically, if someone says if X then Y, then another person says the premise of X and Y are both wrong. The first person can argue otherwise about Y all he wants, he's still wrong about X.

Imm0rt4l

I've had this discussion many times with my friend who also plays. We believe some characters are just meant to be played this way. Meaning really scrubby or stupid, because it works out for them better than most characters. And if they didn't, they would be easier to fight.

I use to always say that the online T Hawk mix up is to let themselves get rushed down and then forced their opponent to guess between DP or SPD. As dumb as that sounds, I've lost many times because of this and I'm sure a lot of other people have as well :(

Even the best Hawk players uses these tactics. We see it with Native and Koji Kog all the time. The only time they have to play clean is when they're forced to. Kog played a amazingly clean, slow, and controlled game against Justin because Justin refused to put himself in those situation to get random'd.

I agree with you totally. And I've lost to a fair amount of t. Hawks because of this as well. Once upon a time I'd say that gouken beats t. Hawk easy enough, t. Hawk can get in pretty easy now. Cause knock down(my characters weakness) and force you to guess, leading to a knockdown to cross up to another guess ad infinitum.

shaowebb

Damn Shinblade just opened up the fury on Michaelangelo in MKX. Got pissed, punched the table, kicked the floor then just damned near perfected him the first round and stomped hard the second round too.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Oh wow, they aren't using the Japanese version of P4U2 on Sp00ky?

What a mess. Be consistent on your versions. :/

Top Bottom